TPFP closed :(

Remove this Banner Ad

;)

3d21002ed936fdbbb45ecfb496dc659f_zpsc687dace.jpg

I read a lot of the posts on TPFP site more than I posted. In this thread I've read so many claiming that they were banned when they were completely innocent but I just don't believe that was a typical occurrence. Perhaps some are exaggerating about it. I believe in '03 after the finals there was a moderator/helper that was dumped because 'she' was abusing her rights as a moderator and behaving like the Gestapo on anybody that dared to write the truth about our performances but that was dealt with swiftly. Perhaps some people just happened to have crossed paths with 'her' at the time? Otherwise no issues and it was a really informative site. I would mainly go on it to read up on the daily articles about Port. Saved me from searching the country for them. I thought the posters on that site expressed a variety of views and opinions. I liked it.

I was just raising the issue in context of the conversation that was happening a few pages back. It appeared that there was underlying issues with some people on the forum regarding TPFP people coming over here. I dont have a problem I think its ridiculous for anyone to feel propriatory to a public forum in that way but more importantly make new people feel uncertain about being here which was happening.
It just felt like the conditions and rules needed to be made a lot clearer. At the time I was certain that if anyone felt like they werent welcome would rather not be here. Especially to be the butt of someone elses exclusive joke or constantly have their 'new' status thrown into their face.
That is my final comment on this as this subject seems to have been dealt with and blown over,
Ive been to worse forums than this so not easily fazed but there are others who havent had much experience who would need to know these things and would be offended.
Anyway
thats me
over
and
out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read a lot of the posts on TPFP site more than I posted. In this thread I've read so many claiming that they were banned when they were completely innocent but I just don't believe that was a typical occurrence. Perhaps some are exaggerating about it. I believe in '03 after the finals there was a moderator/helper that was dumped because 'she' was abusing her rights as a moderator and behaving like the Gestapo on anybody that dared to write the truth about our performances but that was dealt with swiftly. Perhaps some people just happened to have crossed paths with 'her' at the time? Otherwise no issues and it was a really informative site. I would mainly go on it to read up on the daily articles about Port. Saved me from searching the country for them. I thought the posters on that site expressed a variety of views and opinions. I liked it.

I was perma banned from TPFP. Wasn't even given notice, just got the white screen of death. Many here have had similar experiences.

There a probably 2 reasons why I was banned: 1) I posted on Bigfooty under the same username and 2) I had the audacity to suggest that the Magpies should either fold or merge with the AFL Port Adelaide. The irony being, I was right :cool:

Oh and for the new people to our board, the following links may be handy to help familiarise yourselves with Bigfooty. Post your opinions, add to the discussion, get involved with our sponsorships of the club and above all have fun. These are good times for the PAFC.

Bigfooty Rules

Port Board Posting Guidelines + Important Links

I was perma banned from TPFP. Wasn't even given notice, just got the white screen of death. Many here have had similar experiences.

There a probably 2 reasons why I was banned: 1) I posted on Bigfooty under the same username and 2) I had the audacity to suggest that the Magpies should either fold or merge with the AFL Port Adelaide. The irony being, I was right :cool:

I don't mean to make you upset at all and I am not pointing fingers at you but I must say that this is inconsistent to the truth - both points.

No, I am not affiliated with any of the moderators on that site.

Yeah that does seem strange as there were a few people who posted on both forums with the same username and a huge thread discussing the Magpies in which a few posters were of the opinion that the Maggies should not have been in the SANFL either since '97 or moving forward. @REH comes immediately to mind as a poster on both with the same user name. I do remember a private conversation with Vi where she mentioned she'd had a few run ins with REH but no specifics were discussed. I had a post deleted because I mentioned I'd read something "on Big Footy" and subsequently would only post I'd "read something elsewhere" after that which were never deleted.

One of the mysteries of the universe as to specifically why some people got banned from TPFP.

I don't mean to make you upset at all and I am not pointing fingers at you but I must say that this is inconsistent to the truth - both points.

No, I am not affiliated with any of the moderators on that site.

If that's the case then I have absolutely no idea why I was white anted out of existence at TPFP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back