TPFP closed :(

Remove this Banner Ad

It became an unhappy place. Maybe 2010-2012 caused too many irreversible meltdowns that never healed. I know that I started to come over here more, because every time I had a view about something, the same few posters would tell you you were wrong. A circle of elite that I got sick of arguing against

same

tpfp.jpg

tpfpbanner.png

tpfplogo.jpg

guitar.gif
old.gif
beer.gif
camera.gif
bbq.gif
stirthepot.gif
cupgold.gif
drive.gif
rotfl.gif
26.gif
grump.gif
11.gif
goaustralia.gif
australiaz.gif

Just make a folder in your "Documents" and save each smilie, gif, picture, whatever into that folder then use whenever you want by uploading a file into your posts

Smilies for one. I miss that large collection of emoticons

Agreed, there were some ripper emoticons on TPFP, and I believe some of them were designed in house, eg one that was specifically for the Maggies.

As far as I am aware there was only one William's family member who identified themselves on the site, but there were at least 3 or 4 others that could have been as they would get their **** in a twist and throw their toys out of the cot at even the mildest criticism of the game plan and selection policies during Choco's last couple of seasons ar the club.

Sensational stuff by that cane toad bloke though when he respectfully suggested that it was the Port Adelaide Football Club, and not the William's Family Football Club! ;) :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, there were some ripper emoticons on TPFP, and I believe some of them were designed in house, eg one that was specifically for the Maggies.

As far as I am aware there was only one William's family member who identified themselves on the site, but there were at least 3 or 4 others that could have been as they would get their **** in a twist and throw their toys out of the cot at even the mildest criticism of the game plan and selection policies during Choco's last couple of seasons ar the club.

Sensational stuff by that cane toad bloke though when he respectfully suggested that it was the Port Adelaide Football Club, and not the William's Family Football Club! ;) :cool:

I wonder what happened to your mate with the giraffe head?!

That's dope. Now there's access to the player archive.
Nope it was taken off line around 2008 and also not all links work. Last time I looked on internet archive I couldnt get past the home page as you need to log on as a member and it doesnt let you do that.

The player archive was absolutely amazing. I hope they shared that with the club because it was truly one of the more comprehensive player resources in sports.

They took it down because it was being brazenly stolen for Troy Wingate's pathetic attempt at a breakaway site and they cared more about protecting their work than they did about allowing that work to be viewable. I totally understood, even if it was a bit sad they had to take it down.

Ofcourse, they then allowed the Wingate family (West Coast supporters in 2006 fyi) back onto the site despite the above and that was the beginning of the end. I didn't really understand that.

At one point in about 2006 I had more posts on that forum than anyone else. It was a really fun place to be when the Outer Army was in it's formative years and hadn't totally lost it's way. I still have lots of friends I met through that website and it opened me up to a whole different level of Port supporting.

The player archive was absolutely amazing. I hope they shared that with the club because it was truly one of the more comprehensive player resources in sports.

They took it down because it was being brazenly stolen for Troy Wingate's pathetic attempt at a breakaway site and they cared more about protecting their work than they did about allowing that work to be viewable. I totally understood, even if it was a bit sad they had to take it down.

Ofcourse, they then allowed the Wingate family (West Coast supporters in 2006 fyi) back onto the site despite the above and that was the beginning of the end. I didn't really understand that.

At one point in about 2006 I had more posts on that forum than anyone else. It was a really fun place to be when the Outer Army was in it's formative years and hadn't totally lost it's way. I still have lots of friends I met through that website and it opened me up to a whole different level of Port supporting.

"stolen for Troy Wingate's pathetic attempt at a breakaway site"

WTF? Did this happen ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back