Status
Not open for further replies.

godoggies15

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone know who takes the videos that is put up on Doggie web site...is so please let them know that it is not cool to constantly commence each section out of focus and then focus in....do it once.....with so many other choices PLEASE get a bit more creative....on a 2 minute video it is certainly over done.....I know this is a silly complaint though as a teacher I would reduce marks for repetitiveness...and all I can to finish off is bring on the football!!!!!!

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There are plenty of our "supporters" who relentlessly bagged Gia, amongst others :mad:.

Yep I did and doesn't make me any less a supporter than anyone else.

Along with Paul Hudson, Higgins, Hill, and a few others I can't and won't accept half hearted pea heart efforts thy all of these blokes were guilty of at times.

I heard on SEN early this morning that we are one of 11 clubs who are nearing our luxury tax and its resulted in us missing out on scouting and interviewing this years crop of AIS Academy players. Not sure how we have got to the luxury tax but pretty dissapointing on missing out on getting an edge on our opposition recruiters. I wonder if this will effect us scouting players later in the year too?
Did anyone else here this on morning glory ?

Yes I heard this (one of very few comments about the dogs), also heard them say that the big clubs will do well in developing kids from the zones, but the smaller clubs don't have the resources to do it successfully.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep I did and doesn't make me any less a supporter than anyone else.

Along with Paul Hudson, Higgins, Hill, and a few others I can't and won't accept half hearted pea heart efforts thy all of these blokes were guilty of at times.
Hudson, Higgins, Hill, and now Hrovat, do you have a problem with the letter
H or something ?;)

I know technically Jong does not start with a H, do you call him Hong.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
H or something ?;)

Jong is going to be great,look out for him this year. What is not to like about a high flying kid who has a very strong attack on the ball and can burst through packs at top speed.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
H or something ?;)

No I have never accused Hrovat of half heartedness he is simply not good enough.

The list of blokes I got annoyed with were all good enough but at times didn't give 100% and all heard footsteps on several occasions.

And seeing you pointed it out about Jong I don't call him Hong but could be horrible, horrendous, humurous, horse s**t, and so on ;)

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jong is going to be great,look out for him this year. What is not to like about a high flying kid who has a very strong attack on the ball and can burst through packs at top speed.

Jong plays more than 6 games we miss finals It's that simple.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Why the * do people even engage Mattdougie on Jong/Hrovat/Dickson? He isn't going to change his mind even when players do well like how he conveniently ignores Jong playing really well in his first final or was second best on ground in the 2014 VFL grand final so he actually can stand up when there is pressure.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why the **** do people even engage Mattdougie on Jong/Hrovat/Dickson? He isn't going to change his mind even when players do well like how he conveniently ignores Jong playing really well in his first final or was second best on ground in the 2014 VFL grand final so he actually can stand up when there is pressure.
Sorry dude I never realised,I'm kinda new here (Dickson too! Your kidding?)
Anyway,I like Jong,lots of upside.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why the **** do people even engage Mattdougie on Jong/Hrovat/Dickson? He isn't going to change his mind even when players do well like how he conveniently ignores Jong playing really well in his first final or was second best on ground in the 2014 VFL grand final so he actually can stand up when there is pressure.

Haha test

Admitted I was wrong about Dickson haven't I??

And disagree he played well in final made some awful mistakes AND have always said he is a more than handy VFL player so keep swinging.

Jong ONLY played in the final due to injuries and that is a FACT. He wouldn't have been in team if not for them and with Libba Stevens Smith Dunkley Adcock Adams Collins Roughead JJ all coming back or into squad he is a long shot to play

But keep hating on me I love it what's the next pathetic thing you will ban me for ;)

Toastman

All Australian
Apr 14, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
St. Louis Blues, Salavat Yulaev Ufa
And spots up targets better in traffic than Cripps and Bonti. I think the name Liberatore has people confused with his father.
Cheap shot. Libba Snr at his peak had better hands and was better in traffic than any of Bont, Jnr or Cripps. Even back then you didn't make an AFL list as a midget unless you had some of the best skills in the comp.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry dude I never realised,I'm kinda new here (Dickson too! Your kidding?)
Anyway,I like Jong,lots of upside.

Mate in no fan of Jong or Hrovat and not huge on Dickson but admitted he did far and away better than I ever thought he could last year.

Test just doesn't like me and let's it cloud his judgement which for a mod is pretty handy. Make your own mind up in an ass mate don't let others do that for you :)

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cheap shot. Libba Snr at his peak had better hands and was better in traffic than any of Bont, Jnr or Cripps. Even back then you didn't make an AFL list as a midget unless you had some of the best skills in the comp.

Libba made an AFL list through pure heart mate. He was told time and time again he wouldn't make it but battled through the 19s then reserves and then seniors.

The man played on pure heart and I have personally never seen another player with the pure grit he had.

Played like a 6 footer and have every part of himself to be the best he could

Sorry but think Bont is better on traffic than all of them

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mate in no fan of Jong or Hrovat and not huge on Dickson but admitted he did fat and away better than I ever thought he could last year.

Test just doesn't like me and let's it cloud his judgement. Make your own mind up in an ass mate don't let others do that for you :)
I'll do my best to make my own judgement but I must say your post a little earlier using as many derogatory "H" words you could think of to describe Jong was outrageous.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'll do my best to make my own judgement but I must say your post a little earlier using as many derogatory "H" words you could think of to describe Jong was outrageous.

As you said you are new and don't understand the back story but take note I didn't bring Jong up at any stage I simply reply to a comment another made at me for bait. I should probably ignore it but they throw it out there and like to nibble on it

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Nah sorry Libba had good hands and was my favourite player growing up. But even he would admit he didn't have close to the creativity and decision making of even his peers such as Choco Royal or even Jose Romero let alone Tom's Westian hands. Libba made his career off heart, being first to the ball and being ferocious when he was second, all other aspects of his game were neat but not quite elite especially his kicking which was a massive weakness. Tom on the other hand has hands/brain akin to Scott West and a left boot that is almost elite, if he can acquire the discipline of his father he'll be the best player in the league.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone that expects us to get a premiership with a player contributing as little as Jong did, is going to be disappointed. He had a lot of opportunities and didn't produce at even a backup level.
If we as a club want to win the lot, then either Jong needs to get at least 35% better or his replacement needs to produce at that higher level. None of this, he is new to the game stuff. He needs to get better.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone that expects us to get a premiership with a player contributing as little as Jong did, is going to be disappointed. He had a lot of opportunities and didn't produce at even a backup level.
If we as a club want to win the lot, then either Jong needs to get at least 35% better or his replacement needs to produce at that higher level. None of this, he is new to the game stuff. He needs to get better.

Sing it brother

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like Jongy his size and speed is a great asset, but you have to remember
that he only had four years of football before hitting the AFL. MD might
seem a little harsh at times, but he does know his stuff and has the courage
of his convictions and his opinions and posts i always read even if i don't
always agree. Sometimes these players are asked to play roles that don't
highlight their positives, but more hide their negatives.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I think the problem is people pull single comments I make that are negative and ignore the positives I say about him.

I love Jongs heart and courage, speed and the amount of improvement he has made from day one. People forget that he was an average quality park footballer when the dogs took him on so improvement has been exceptional to get where he is.

He will make himself a very handy VFL career and starting so late he should be enormously proud of that.

But at AFL level his deficiencies so outweigh this positives(that a lot of people on here conveniently ignore) that playing him even if he goes ok contributes to a poorer performance. He would be between the 28th and 35th best player on our list IMO

But time to move on from Jong let's hope he proves me wrong this yeat or is delisted at the end of it coz he has had long enough to make it one way or the other

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well I'll go on what I can see. I watched Jong in a couple of Vfl games two years ago and every time I thought gee Jongs improving. Then in the seniors last year I continued to think this. Then he hurt his hand and apparently got OP but bounced beck ok in the final.
I'm expecting to be saying the improvement story again this year

Well I'll go on what I can see. I watched Jong in a couple of Vfl games two years ago and every time I thought gee Jongs improving. Then in the seniors last year I continued to think this. Then he hurt his hand and apparently got OP but bounced beck ok in the final.
I'm expecting to be saying the improvement story again this year
Yes before he broke his hand he was in great form so if he can recapture that he will be err very handy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back