Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see athletic talls at the top of the next draft pool and some outside types that could hopefully be around our second pick. I can see why our recruiters went with a plethora of outside types this year the talls next year seem to complement our talls more. In saying that if someone like Hish Kerbetieh is at our second pick we'd be pretty stupid not to take a good look.

Good to see athletic talls at the top of the next draft pool and some outside types that could hopefully be around our second pick. I can see why our recruiters went with a plethora of outside types this year the talls next year seem to complement our talls more. In saying that if someone like Hish Kerbetieh is at our second pick we'd be pretty stupid not to take a good look.
How tall is Hish?

we might need to start up a 2015 draft prospects thread soon

I hope we don't recruit a bunch of talls next season, like we did with Rough/Cordy/Jones; would be good to get an age gap on some of them

maybe even take a top age 19 year old tall that missed out this year, because of injury
think that Hawthorn have done that and don't seem to have a problem recruiting 19 year olds if they've shown they have talent

How tall is Hish?

we might need to start up a 2015 draft prospects thread soon

I hope we don't recruit a bunch of talls next season, like we did with Rough/Cordy/Jones; would be good to get an age gap on some of them

maybe even take a top age 19 year old tall that missed out this year, because of injury
think that Hawthorn have done that and don't seem to have a problem recruiting 19 year olds if they've shown they have talent

Think he is about the 180cm mark. Booming kick, knows how to get the footy, looks quick and agile and is mentoring young kids as part of the B. Houli Academy apparently. Wouldn't suprise me if he was given the captaincy of Calder next year sounds like the kid has a real good head on his shoulders.

Some others might come through that are also worth a look but he has stood out quite a lot this year along with a few of his team mates.

Think he is about the 180cm mark. Booming kick, knows how to get the footy, looks quick and agile and is mentoring young kids as part of the B. Houli Academy apparently. Wouldn't suprise me if he was given the captaincy of Calder next year sounds like the kid has a real good head on his shoulders.

Some others might come through that are also worth a look but he has stood out quite a lot this year along with a few of his team mates.
Tommy Wilson was a tall that interested me, but I think he was going to focus on basketball

Dal likes players that have some basketball in their background (recently Webb) so I thought he could be a shot, just don't know where he'd go in the draft
maybe 2nd round because he is more of a potential key forward then someone who has put up big results

Tommy Wilson was a tall that interested me, but I think he was going to focus on basketball

Dal likes players that have some basketball in their background (recently Webb) so I thought he could be a shot, just don't know where he'd go in the draft
maybe 2nd round because he is more of a potential key forward then someone who has put up big results
Think I saw an article that said he was going to focus on Basketball.

Bigger supporter base I guess.....We have to be up and about to attract a decent viewing. I don't know.
The only issue with that is that under the AFL's own edict of winning games to gain Friday night fixture, Carlton haven't done that .
I'll be interested if The pies don't make the eight again and whether they get Friday night footy.
This is why we get a chop out as its all about the big clubs. Complete farce

Not sure about ha

He must've grown up in the last year. Terrible attitude in u16 comp at local level. His father is also a handful. Clashing with rival supporters most weeks.
Unless he has an absolutely stand out year and he's exactly what the club needs, I'd be steering well clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only issue with that is that under the AFL's own edict of winning games to gain Friday night fixture, Carlton haven't done that .
I'll be interested if The pies don't make the eight again and whether they get Friday night footy.
This is why we get a chop out as its all about the big clubs. Complete farce
Well it's and uneven unfair competition that is compromised to favour the big clubs because that is where the bucks are. That's ok but it's a handout just the same and It's charity but it's not looked as charity for some reason.

Last edited:

I thought next year's draft was just full of mids?

Interesting I did a quick comparison between our list now and the Hawks and Freo list of 2013. I have not had time to compare it to their 2015 lists yet but will at some stage.

Dogs 2015 Hawks 2013 Freo

Less than 185 cm 20 16 12

>185 less than 190cm 6 12 16

>190 less than 194cm 8 6 5

>194cm 10 11 12

These were G/F making lists. Hawks was a premiership winning list and interestingly that while we do have 4 more small players less than 185cm than them, in terms of KP/Ruck size players 194cm plus we just ones less than they did.

Dogs 2015 Hawks 2013 Freo

Greater than 190cm 18 17 17

Where we don’t seem to have the same numbers is on the 185 to 190cm category. Typically these guys are the tall mids/HBF/HFF types. They have 6 and 10 more players in that category than we do.

Our median height on our 2015 list is 186cm while the Hawks of 2013 was 187cm and Freo from the same year was 188cm.

But as far as KP/ruck numbers are concerned and those 190cm or taller there is almost no difference. It’s more the mid-range guys 185cm to 190cm where our list differ.

The 'Big Three' are mids after that there are about 4 talls. Then mids galore. There are likely to be a few KPP who come through next year though and come into contention.

Who are the big 3 to keep an eye out for Wizard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I don't get why they even allow underage kids to play in the champs, they should be letting more kids get some exposure and a chance to get drafted rather than allowing a few gun underagers - who are already pretty much certain to get picked up anyway - play.

Honestly I don't get why they even allow underage kids to play in the champs, they should be letting more kids get some exposure and a chance to get drafted rather than allowing a few gun underagers - who are already pretty much certain to get picked up anyway - play.
lack of talent perhaps?

I'm sure they've had that thought before :eek:

Interesting stats about our list for 2015. It's not including the latest Rookies but I doubt it would change it much.

Ranked 17th median age
Ranked 18th Median games

We have a median games played of 20. Hawthorn is 64. N0rf is 2nd in the comp with 64 median games! They are also the oldest team!! Wow pressure is on those guys now.

We have a very young team and we are relatively inexperienced. Melbourne is nearly a year older than us and have 14 games more experience.

It's an amazing list transformation when you think about. Just interesting, not sure what conclusions you can come to from it. But I suspect we need to have realistic expectations.
Its called bottoming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back