Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts played the majority of the year in the VFL because his shoulders were rooted and they were too spooked to play him in the same team as Roughie.

I don't know why Talia wasn't playing AFL.

Don't buy the idea that McCartney wanted he and Fletch to learn together and have continuity in the VFL?
No I know that was the reason, officially and unofficially, but he's robotic. I'd love to see him make it, he's got a good frame, he's competitive and it's important for the club that he makes it, but I can see Todd Elton being another Brian Lake. He's tall, great hands, just needs a good dose of the 3rd letter and he'd be good. Just my opinion having watched him a few times. Drafted as a forward, his kicking is ok to poor, but he was highly rated in his draft year but fell down to 26 after a poor carnival, not unlike Goddard this year.

No I know that was the reason, officially and unofficially, but he's robotic. I'd love to see him make it, he's got a good frame, he's competitive and it's important for the club that he makes it, but I can see Todd Elton being another Brian Lake. He's tall, great hands, just needs a good dose of the 3rd letter and he'd be good. Just my opinion having watched him a few times. Drafted as a forward, his kicking is ok to poor, but he was highly rated in his draft year but fell down to 26 after a poor carnival, not unlike Goddard this year.
The one bloke who I think could be the next Brian Lake is Cameron Giles from Carlton (195cm, 93kg) was only drafted in last years draft looks almost Identical to Lake

The one bloke who I think could be the next Brian Lake is Cameron Giles from Carlton (195cm, 93kg) was only drafted in last years draft looks almost Identical to Lake

I would love for us to pinch him from Carlton, I don't really like the idea of us selling the farm for another player

Getting Carlisle means dealing with the Dodo though, that's torture enough. Carlisle isn't FA though, right? He'd cost our first pick for sure, whilst taking Rance as a FA would mean we keep our pick and pay him a similar amount we'd probably pay Carlisle. With that being said...he's a WA boy and Fremantle should be hunting him hard so I don't imagine he wants to come here.
True, we'd have to start negotiating today and we might have him by about 2019.

I reckon Freo will offer a ridiculous amount for Rance. They have never been able to trade for anyone of any note from over here.

On j grant not sure I want a guy that can only play good with guns around him , when the going gets tough he gives nothing .. Maybe we can try him in another position in what could be his final season , I don't see him in our foward line with boyd crameri Bonts stringer hunter Dalhaus Dickson and a couple of the new boys

Wouldn't be surprised or upset if J Grant doesn't even get a game this year.

He's had enough chances to prove himself. A handful of pretty good games and a heap of awful ones doesn't really cut it for me.

I think he is someone who Bev would be really interested in given our new game style. Very agile and very quick.

Wasn't sure where to post this , but can someone start a thread on how many days till mattdougie wants beveridge sacked ? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure where to post this , but can someone start a thread on how many days till mattdougie wants beveridge sacked ? ;)
I assume anything like that would just be deleted

but I think Beveridge will do a decent job with what he has got
a lot of areas of weakness last year, so how much can we really improve in one pre-season?

I assume anything like that would just be deleted

but I think Beveridge will do a decent job with what he has got
a lot of areas of weakness last year, so how much can we really improve in one pre-season?
I think the main job for beveridge is to get the best out of the youngsters and make sure they keep improving

I'll pass on Todd Elton - It's not easy just make a bloke have a bit of mongrel about him all of a sudden, and considering he's also not a great kick means too many things to fix.

Talia was playing reserves because McCartney thought his sideways agility was too poor, ie. he couldn't change direction quickly enough. McCartney thought (rightly or wrongly) that Talia's opponent was always instructed to change direction frequently and Talia couldn't keep up.

Have you seen a bit of Talia? What do you think?

Talia is huge, I used to see him as a CHB but I think he might be best used on the number 1 forward. He can also take a few marks Lake style. That leaves Rough to play on the tallest forward/2nd ruck and gives him a bit more freedom to set up play a bit and cut across to chop out the other defenders. Then one of Hamling or Roberts at CHB, both athletic and have great skills on them.

Will Roberts be available Round 1? Hasn't he been on a limited training schedule because of his shoulders?

Will Roberts be available Round 1? Hasn't he been on a limited training schedule because of his shoulders?
He's gained a fair bit of muscle in his arms/shoulders so should be all set for round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back