Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MATTHEW Kreuzer, Trent Cotchin, Chris Masten, Cale Morton ... and, um, Jarrad Grant.
The first four names taken in the 2007 national draft are already well known, but No. 5 remains a mystery.
Ha.

Who said that? Champion Data said it had J. Grant as one of their Top Draft Prospects(in this years Prospectus), for those interested in the draft back then
First two paragraphs of the Grant article that Pannalstaroz linked.

Wonder if we'll have a much smaller list turnover this year than in recent years. Guys still unsigned from the primary list:

Wood (hopefully stays)
Redpath (likely to be offered a new deal)
Grant (possible delisting)
Murph (will go again)
Wallis (will re-sign)
Boyd (likely to go again)
Roberts (highly likely to be given a new deal)
Talia (highly likely to re-sign)
Morris (will go again)
Picken (will re-sign)
Cordy (possible de-listing)
Prudden (possible delisting)
Darley (possible delisting)
Fuller (highly likely delisting)
Honeychurch (will re-sign)

Grant, prudden, cordy, Darley and fuller the only guys with genuine queries as to whether we'd offer them new deals. So unless there are some unwanted departures (wood, talia etc), we might only have 3 or 4 changes max to the primary list.

Wonder if we'll have a much smaller list turnover this year than in recent years. Guys still unsigned from the primary list:

Wood (hopefully stays)
Redpath (likely to be offered a new deal)
Grant (possible delisting)
Murph (will go again)
Wallis (will re-sign)
Boyd (likely to go again)
Roberts (highly likely to be given a new deal)
Talia (highly likely to re-sign)
Morris (will go again)
Picken (will re-sign)
Cordy (possible de-listing)
Prudden (possible delisting)
Darley (possible delisting)
Fuller (highly likely delisting)
Honeychurch (will re-sign)

Grant, prudden, cordy, Darley and fuller the only guys with genuine queries as to whether we'd offer them new deals. So unless there are some unwanted departures (wood, talia etc), we might only have 3 or 4 changes max to the primary list.

Just curious, why do you think that Roberts is highly likely to get a new deal? (I do like him by the way)

I'm actually hoping that we do have a smaller list turn over this year

Just curious, why do you think that Roberts is highly likely to get a new deal? (I do like him by the way)

I'm actually hoping that we do have a smaller list turn over this year
We're so light on for numbers in the key posts. I think beveridge will really like him and I can't see us delisting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see Roberts moving back to CHF? Rough, Talia and Moz are looking settled while I've been very happy with Hamling and then Z Cordy will be back soon. Up front it's really Redpath or bust and I love what Roberts offers at CHF.

I think we have to make a minimum of five changes to the primary list.

Name your five:
1. Fuller

Most seasons there will be one retirement (or more) and one player traded out (or more.) I could be wrong, but I'd suggest we would only look at de-listing three from our Senior list. So on exposed form:

1. Fuller in grave danger.
2. Prudden in some trouble.
3. Darley somewhat vulnerable.

Cordy also somewhat vulnerable.
Grant a small chance but will probably get a new contract.

3-4 off the primary list not 5. Two off the rookie list. It is ridiculously ealry to be predicting these things but as it stands now.

Main list:

1: Fuller
2: M. Boyd (r)
3: Prudden

Rookies:

1: Goodes (r)
2: Pearce
3: Kelly

We are also a chance of losing a player to FA or for another retirement.

Last edited:
Anyone see Roberts moving back to CHF? Rough, Talia and Moz are looking settled while I've been very happy with Hamling and then Z Cordy will be back soon. Up front it's really Redpath or bust and I love what Roberts offers at CHF.
I would be moving him to CHF for an extended stint and seeing what he can offer. Better chance of breaking into the team, and CHF is probably the most vulnerable position on our list.

I would be moving him to CHF for an extended stint and seeing what he can offer. Better chance of breaking into the team, and CHF is probably the most vulnerable position on our list.
Agreed. Either way I hope he can get a good run at it, love this guy. Going to fit into the team perfectly as another mobile target with probably the best skills/composure of the lot.

We're definitely still light on for KPPs at both ends (do we even have a KPF at Footscray? besides Cordy, Campbell, Fort) at least by the end of this year we should have a better idea of our KPP stocks. Still very early but I'm confident :)

I know overall our skills still need a lot of work but looking towards the future I love how good our big blokes are with ball in hand. Talias limited but dependable and Redpaths hit and miss but I'd say all of Rough, Roberts, Stringer and Boyd are well above average with their ball use/decision making compared to other players across the league in their positions.

Throw in Hamling and Z Cordy who also seem really good, and for Ruckman even Campbell and especially Cordy are good. It's something that should serve us very well over the future.

Last edited:
Why do people want pruden dellisted, give the kid a break

It's mandatory for clubs to make at least 2 selections in the National Draft, so every team delists some players from their Senior list.

If not Prudden, then who?

Why do people want pruden dellisted, give the kid a break

I don't think anyone wants him de-listed but if he doesn't play a game this year that's three years on the list with no games. Injuries or not there comes a point where you got to make the tough decision. I rate him but he's got to crack into the team this year to stay on the lost in my opinion. Who would you delist ahead of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back