Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leunberger can't play forward to save himself. No thanks.

1. Kreuzer
2. Day
3. Fuhaarked if I know.
Is Kreuzer a possibility? I'd be keen to get him in, it'd be worth the risk.

We can't really bank on Roughie developing a strong forward craft. Not sure who to look to.

Some bloke over at the chemist shop board says Zacharakis is only worth a late second rounder.
What do ya all think ?

1. Kreuzer
2. Day
3. Fuhaarked if I know.
I'd imagine if we get Luey he won't be playing forward.

Zaharakis is statistically the biggest front-runner in the league, IIRC.

Wouldn't touch.

There's a strong argument he's not other than one game. Playing a tall utility/follower game IMO
Isn't that what we're after?? Or do you guys want a genuine number 1 ruckman?? I certainly don't.

I want an athletic key postion/Ruck utility.

As for Day's height. Anyone seen the guy jump?? He's also a very very solid/powerful kid.

Isn't that what we're after?? Or do you guys want a genuine number 1 ruckman?? I certainly don't.

As for Day's height. Anyone seen the guy jump?? He's also a very very solid/powerful kid.
Soft as butter though. No aggression

1. Kreuzer
2. Day
3. Fuhaarked if I know.

Day can't play anywhere to save himself, he has been absolute s**t in every position he has been tried, Ed Barlow mark 2, great athlete who can't play and as soft as they come, he is not and never will be a footballer

and who do you suppose becomes our #1 ruckman when Minson gets injured or decides to retire?

There's a long list of 196cm guys in the AFL who can jump high, and the vast majority never play ruck.

and who do you suppose becomes our #1 ruckman when Minson gets injured or decides to retire?

There's a long list of 196cm guys in the AFL who can jump high, and the vast majority never play ruck.
Roughie's my number 1 ruckman next year, regardless of what Minson does.

fronkalicious is on the money with Day being a ruckman
2014 Player Rating Points per from hitouts, per hitout. (Ie weighing hitouts to advantage and hitouts sharked)
1. Stanley, 2. Dwason Simpson 3. Sam Jacobs 4. Sam Day
Probably the reason that Stanley was rated so highly by Geelong.

Roughie's my number 1 ruckman next year, regardless of what Minson does.
Injury prone, and hasn't yet proven himself as a quality #1 ruckman who can consistently win 40-50% of the hitouts. We shouldn't be pinning our hopes on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fronkalicious is on the money with Day being a ruckman
2014 Player Rating Points per from hitouts, per hitout. (Ie weighing hitouts to advantage and hitouts sharked)
1. Stanley, 2. Dwason Simpson 3. Sam Jacobs 4. Sam Day
Probably the reason that Stanley was rated so highly by Geelong.
An interesting set of stats. Day's played 2 games as ruckman @ AFL level and that was when their entire division was decimated last year. And Dawson Simpson is...well Dawson Simpson.

Rough is being groomed to become part of our ruck solution. We are definitely still missing the second part of the combo.

My current wish list looks like this:
1. CHF - Sam Reid, McStay, Peter Wright, Henderson.
2. Classy outside user - Yarran, Bennell
3. Ruck - Peter Wright, Keegan Brooksby, Kruezer, Luenberger.
4. KPD - Sam Day, Henderson, McStay

Sorry, yes, I want the Stanley type, but I haven't seen a Day run etc and he needs to be serviceable in the ruck or we go through the Cordy bullshit again. I'm not saying no to a Day because I think at 18-28 he's worth a stab, just not sure it's as a ruckman.

Rough is being groomed to become part of our ruck solution. We are definitely still missing the second part of the combo.

My current wish list looks like this:
1. CHF - Sam Reid, McStay, Peter Wright, Henderson.
2. Classy outside user - Yarran, Bennell
3. Ruck - Peter Wright, Keegan Brooksby, Kruezer, Leuenberger.
4. KPD - Sam Day, Henderson, McStay

Bold-no
Italics-unattainable
Others-don't know

An interesting set of stats. Day's played 2 games as ruckman @ AFL level and that was when their entire division was decimated last year. And Dawson Simpson is...well Dawson Simpson.
Doesn't account for how many hitouts you give up. All it does is account for the % of your own hitouts that are either to advantage or sharked. A hitout to advantage is considered twice as good as a hitout sharked is bad.

Yeah this was discovered last trade period. Sydney aren't totally against the idea. But why would he leave a $800k annual salary, delivery from Parker, Hannebery, Kennedy etc and working alongside Buddy Franklin, whilst living near Bondi beach to come to West Footscray to build towards what he already has?

Sam has no interest in us. Moving on.

Ah fair enough. I would have thought if the offer was good enough, Sydney would be interested. Especially with the need of picks to get their academy and father son kids this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back