Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Treloar is getting 5-6 year offers, but Shiel, a better player, only re-signed for 2 years? I'm going to assume he still wants to come back, but wants to give himself another 2 years to boost his value.

So Treloar is getting 5-6 year offers, but Shiel, a better player, only re-signed for 2 years? I'm going to assume he still wants to come back, but wants to give himself another 2 years to boost his value.

Risky play doing that, the bird in the hand adage comes to mind, injuries, form slumps, etc

Treloar's a smart kid, he won't go to North Melbourne. Will be a Pie if he leaves the Giants.

I was just putting out a theory. There's no question he could've gotten 5+ years if he wanted them.

Nah I agree with you, thank he has done exactly what you said, I was just saying it's risky. Although Stringer, Macrae, Libba, Bont have all agreed to 2 year extensions. Might be waiting for the next TV rights deal 9 something to see what will be in the kitty. One thing that is safe to say is that Boyd will not look anywhere near as expensive in 3 or 4 years!

If we go for a kpp with our round one pick in the draft (which is likely should we finish with pick 8 - 11), I'd still be looking at trading in a mature-ish CHF as a stop gap at worst. Even if we were to get Walker from Geelong it would give us some depth with Redpath's inevitable delisting in the next couple of years. If that player can also ruck then we're sitting pretty for next year.

The idea that we need to be recruiting an A grade kpp this year isn't set in stone. It'd be nice but I'd be happy with a role player for next year. Wouldn't hate Casboult, Brooksby, Walker or the like as they'd be better than our current situation.

Mentioned this on another thread but would anu Doggies be interested in a Sicily trade for Talia?

Both players struggling to get opportunities at there current club but have shown plenty of talent. Think Sicily would suit the Bev game style perfectly, quick good size, good hands? kicks goals. Would love to see him running up and down the wings in RW&B.

Talia looks a good replacement type for Lakey and really they can't really afford to draft and develop a defender as you would think after this year they only have 1 or 2 years left in the window.

Don't dislike tails at all just thinking about the future and looking at a possible win/win for both players and clubs.

Mentioned this on another thread but would anu Doggies be interested in a Sicily trade for Talia?

Both players struggling to get opportunities at there current club but have shown plenty of talent. Think Sicily would suit the Bev game style perfectly, quick good size, good hands? kicks goals. Would love to see him running up and down the wings in RW&B.

Talia looks a good replacement type for Lakey and really they can't really afford to draft and develop a defender as you would think after this year they only have 1 or 2 years left in the window.

Don't dislike tails at all just thinking about the future and looking at a possible win/win for both players and clubs.
No just no
Unless we are getting a high second/late first no one in hell is that a fair deal

Josh Walker from Geelong as a second string ruckman/CHF? Be an upgrade on Campbell and only early 20's.

Think he's out of contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club want

if they want Silicy it would be for draft pick not player.

I'm feeling our biggest need now is chf/ruck. Our outside run and mad skillz has been covered by last year's draftees. While a cheap mature outside player would be nice, I wouldn't be looking at many until we sort out our tall forward depth. Can't see us winning against middle tier teams with Redpath as our forward target.

Speaking of Dodoro...someone mention Zaharakis? Be some good outside running experience.
Think he'll be better than guys like Daniel, Dale, Webb, Mclean, Hrovat etc in a couple of years??

As for walker, Bev seems to be off redpath because he's a one trick pony. Mark and kick. Awful on the ground, can only play key forward and poor defensively.
How is Walker any different?

Think he'll be better than guys like Daniel, Dale, Webb, Mclean, Hrovat etc in a couple of years??

As for walker, Bev seems to be off redpath because he's a one trick pony. Mark and kick. Awful on the ground, can only play key forward and poor defensively.

That is why the only two KP forwards I could see interesting us in the draft is Burton and McKay.

Not many 195cm tall forward are super below their knees. If they are then they aren't the contested one on one marking beasts nor play minutes in the ruck it just can't go both ways.

We aren't going to get an A grade CHF who can play ruck. It simply won't happen, but we do need someone who can be consistent in providing a target down the line, give a good chop out in the ruck and kick goals if the opposition is sucked into double teaming Boyd/Stringer.

If we draft one well it will be another 5 years waiting time before we get the output we want.

We have an interim player who can play CHF in Redpath. If we go and get a player who is only a slight upgrade I'd be disappointed.

If we got a player who is a large upgrade on Redpath then prepare to out lay 700k + a season. I was happy and all for the risk we took for Boyd and in my view is 100% being vindicated. But are we prepared to throw another big contract at someone who can play CHF and ruck at an A grade level. Well we will be robbing peter to pay paul.

and then if we go to the draft to find a CHF are we happy to throw a first round pick on a CHF/ruck who falls outside the top ten where our pick will probably fall?? Dal has shown an aversion to draft talls to the club and we have other areas to fix (KPD and outside silk).

Are we so desperate to have 3 A grade talls in the forward line (Boyd + Stringer + first round/big contract trade) when currently we don't have a premiership defensive trio (a huge amount would have to go right for Talia, Roberts and Hamling to win a premiership together) and a total void in our outside runners department. What gun fast moving/efficient ball users do we have on the outside. None

Last edited:
We have an interim player who can play CHF in Redpath. If we go and get a player who is only a slight upgrade I'd be disappointed.
I guess you rate Red much higher than I do. He just doesn't seem to have the dexterity and strength to be a good contested mark or the agility or forward craft to break away from his defender to mark in front. Walker is like a better Campbell, has endurance, can pack mark and can ruck. Red can't really do any of that, he's like a tall slow midfielder with decent field kicking.

Give dalrymple draft picks and lots of them. He Wont miss!

Exactly. I know this is supposed to be a weak draft, but I'd be happy if we traded a couple of players out who don't want to stay or we don't rate for pick upgrades. Particularly given we look like having a mid range pick rather than the early one we thought we'd have (for the best of reasons of course).

If we're off Carlisle, Rance has re-signed and there aren't too many other established prospects then what do we think the strategy should be for KP depth? It's a tricky one but that's what the guys are paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back