Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With the sub being abolished, do we need to trade in or draft an extra ruckman to support Rough or can he go it alone? Campbell stays on the list. One of Cordy and Minson goes.

topdog69

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Let rookie list Darcy Cameron was stiff not get drafted a few year ago good young ruckman - forward from plays in the WAFL is 20 year his diamond in rough selection .

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Amazing how it only takes 2 weeks for people to do an abrupt 180 turn on one player.

Go back to this thread roughly 2-3 weeks ago, and see everybody crying about trading Hunter before he loses even MORE trade value. Now we'd hate to trade him!
I was lampooned for suggesting I'd only trade him as a key component of a deal that would net us a top 50 AFL player. How the worm has turned...

Let rookie list Darcy Cameron was stiff not get drafted a few year ago good young ruckman - forward from plays in the WAFL is 20 year his diamond in rough selection .
he hasn't played senior WAFL footy for about 4 weeks
last game he had 10 touches, 19 hitouts and 1 goal
rookie pick
http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4672
darcy cameron.png

I
With the sub being abolished, do we need to trade in or draft an extra ruckman to support Rough or can he go it alone? Campbell stays on the list. One of Cordy and Minson goes.
id personally keep Cordy if the sub goes, can rotate off the bench just don't use him as the main ruck.

I think he might benefit from more game time, without a heap of pressure.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm not sure why so many posters are so desperate for a ruckman. We just can't play a resting ruckman alongside Boyd inside forward 50 (adding in Stringer and Crameri) for one its going to cause our midfield to bomb it in their instead of lowering the eyes and our defensive pressure would drop off enormously.

Currently the smaller setup suits our style of play. Thats one of Roughead/Campbell in the ruck and Boyd as the chop out ruck (primary forward).

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure why people are so keen on Ruckmen who aren't even any better than Campbell.

If you're talking about me, Gawn has been better then Campbell to the point where he's polled coaches votes in at least two games this year. Has had significant injuries too, still has upside to come.

And I mentioned Andrew Phillips more in relation to Cordy's spot as a cheap as chips option.

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Kreuzer- starting to think he might be worth ponying up the cash for.

If Carlton match the offer we'd need to arrange a trade?

Kruezer with an uninterrupted preseason will be an amazing prospect. Covering the ground well on one foot.

Well worth the $600K+

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hunter and our second, for Kruezer and their third?

Maybe they'll try and package Jones back to us? Lol...am sure our returns policy expires after 6 months.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Kruezer with an uninterrupted preseason will be an amazing prospect. Covering the ground well on one foot.

Well worth the $600K+

:eek: 600k +

Trust the ruck stocks we currently have. I'm perfectly happy with Roughead (1), Campbell (2) and cheap traded in option/cordy (3)

We should not be spending a grain over 400k for him in fact no point going after him at all.

We need a secondary forward/ruck (as depth) and a CHF (that preferably can swing back too/must be athletic).

topdog69

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Well worth the $600K+
He has bad knee stay away from the Sun where Chasis when the formed his uncle is Adrain Gleeeson told my friend about several..

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
If Kreuzer is fit and keen to come to us, I'd have no issue stumping up $600k.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dalrymple has indicated we want a ruck forward. Not sure if hes thinking ready made or development.

Out of the young ready mades, I personally prefer Lycett. He's contracted and not getting a game. I keep hearing great things about Liam McBean who is young in tall terms and behind Griffiths and Vickery. Anyone know much about him? Any other youngish not chronically injured ruck fwds?

After watching Leuey get injured again I'm surprised people are keen on stumping up top dollar for chronically injured players like he and Kreuzer.

Oh and if O'Meara was available with no injury concerns, I'd throw the sink at him.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dalrymple has indicated we want a ruck forward. Not sure if hes thinking ready made or development.

Out of the young ready mades, I personally prefer Lycett. He's contracted and not getting a game. I keep hearing great things about Liam McBean who is young in tall terms and behind Griffiths and Vickery. Anyone know much about him? Any other youngish not chronically injured ruck fwds?

After watching Leuey get injured again I'm surprised people are keen on stumping up top dollar for chronically injured players like he and Kreuzer.

Oh and if O'Meara was available with no injury concerns, I'd throw the sink at him.

When he means a ruck forward does you think he mean more a david hale type or someone like a vickery type as more that forward/ruck (without the stupidity).

Would be a waste of money to throw cash at kruezer/leunburger. We need an athletic tall forward who can chop out in the ruck and we need to delist cordy and find a better depth option from somewhere.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
When he means a ruck forward does you think he mean more a david hale type or someone like a vickery type as more that forward/ruck (without the stupidity).

Would be a waste of money to throw cash at kruezer/leunburger. We need an athletic tall forward who can chop out in the ruck and we need to delist cordy and find a better depth option from somewhere.
I think the ideal player 'style' is Tom Lynch (GC). Won't get him but that's not my point - that's the style of play we should be looking for.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think the ideal player 'style' is Tom Lynch (GC). Won't get him but that's not my point - that's the style of play we should be looking for.

1000000000000% agree.

Tom Lynch is such a beauty because not only does he have an endless work rate but he also gets back to help his defence by filling holes.

Wonderful player. We need someone like him who can play such a role. Darcy moore is pretty similar style to him also (we won't be getting him also).

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

O'Meara definitely. Just not sure what it'd take???

#1 + a-grader + next year's #1

Lycett is in year one of a big 4 year contract and from reports is struggling at wafl level, has upside but maybe he is just happy rolling around with his cashola, too much risk with that contractfor still unproven player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back