Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First ruck IMO is where he will be suited. He's got a great leap in the centre square, reads the game so well, great below his knees and won't let his direct opponent take contested marks. Also understands the importance of helping his defenders so he will run back and fill the holes.

He gets burnt on the lead time and time again. Wouldn't put him back often at all.
He got burnt a lot last year. Wasn't a problem early this year or the year before. Like Lake before him he relies on help from his midfield. Still a moot point as I'd rather he played between the arcs like Dannnnnnnnnn, and Roberts as FB.

No way do we part with two first rounders and a player for O'Meara, knowing what Dalrymple is capable of.

The Jaegerbomb is seriously good, but I'd rather we didn't mortgage two trade/draft periods on one bloke with a dodgy knee.

I'm doing two first rounders and Minson for Jaeger in a heartbeat.

way way too much hype on the brothers
We don't have a top 10 pick this year VD, our pick is going to be around 12-16 . With question marks over most players in this draft where our pick will be and what Dal has said it is a distinct possibility that we will get Harry especially if he tests well at the combine.

I'm for keeping A. Cordy on the list - and not because I rate him more than others.
I just think people are underestimating the value in having a depth player who can be both a first ruck and key forward.
I can see him being the "if Boyd gets injured" replacement player over the next few years because they care both over 200+cm who are ruck key fowards.
The fact that Cordy can be both a ruck and key forward pretty much equally as good as each other meas that by default he becomes a good depth player.
I agree that if he could only be a ruck or a key forward, not both, his time is up. But it's not, so keep depth.

People are forgetting how good O'meara is. He was the best young player in the comp before this season started IMO. Perfect mix of inside/outside and has that burst of pace that Judd had. Whether it's us or not if he's up for grabs a club is gonna shell out a dickload for him.

People are forgetting how good O'meara is. He was the best young player in the comp before this season started IMO. Perfect mix of inside/outside and has that burst of pace that Judd had. Whether it's us or not if he's up for grabs a club is gonna shell out a dickload for him.

It's just the knees that worry me, if he gets the all clear then I'd give up heaven and earth for him.

I can't see any situation where the Suns actually trade a contracted Omeara unless his knees are absolutely ruined. They wouldn't trade Caddy when he wanted out and the same with a ruckman last year i think? I'd love to be wrong, but i just can't see it, especially for a package that doesn't include McRae +1sts at minimum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm for keeping A. Cordy on the list - and not because I rate him more than others.
I just think people are underestimating the value in having a depth player who can be both a first ruck and key forward.
I can see him being the "if Boyd gets injured" replacement player over the next few years because they care both over 200+cm who are ruck key fowards.
The fact that Cordy can be both a ruck and key forward pretty much equally as good as each other meas that by default he becomes a good depth player.
I agree that if he could only be a ruck or a key forward, not both, his time is up. But it's not, so keep depth.
Don't agree. Assuming no list changes Cordy is a distant 4th choice ruck and a distant 3rd choice KPF (and that is generous).

If we are worried about multiple long term injuries then by all means rookie Ayce, otherwise it's a waste of a senior list spot for a player who is depth at best IMO.

After his first year I remember thinking he could be the best player in the comp.
I can't remember his playstyle/ability at all any more to be honest.
Football fans do have short memories.

Two 1st rounders and Minson would be highway robbery for Jager (keeping in mind our first rounders will probably be 10-15). Jager is one of the best youngest (U22) players in the competition and certainly in the same conversation as Treloar/Shiel/Bonts/Cripps etc. Don't think we would be happy trading Bontempelli for pick #12, #13 and a 30 year old ruckman. If we could get O'meara would we have the best U24 starting midfield? even better than the expansion teams..

C: Macrae - Bontempelli - O'Meara
R: Roughead - Liberatore - Wallis

Damn...

Two 1st rounders and Minson would be highway robbery for Jager (keeping in mind our first rounders will probably be 10-15). Jager is one of the best youngest (U22) players in the competition and certainly in the same conversation as Treloar/Shiel/Bonts/Cripps etc. Don't think we would be happy trading Bontempelli for pick #12, #13 and a 30 year old ruckman. If we could get O'meara would we have the best U24 starting midfield? even better than the expansion teams..

C: Macrae - Bontempelli - O'Meara
R: Roughead - Liberatore - Wallis

Damn...
Highway robbery until he decides he's going anyway...straight out of that s**t pit...

His kicking is no worse than Morris' and he has eked out an ok career playing within his limitations
Macrae doesn't have accuracy or depth to his kicking. At least Morris has depth when required.
The position Macrae plays requires that he hits targets more often than he does and also to take shots at goal when required.
Everyone had a go at Boydys onball disposal. Jack has worse disposal than Boyd ever was. He is also like Crossy in that he looks to layoff a pass at 35 metres rather than taking the responsibility of taking the shot himself.
He is never going to be a great kick, I would like to see him just become more reliable. No issue with his ball-getting ability and his in close work.
Obviously the selection panel have been concerned with his defensive efforts also. Which he is working on.
I am pretty sure Macca had the same issue with him and gave him a run in the twos. He came back and racked up 40 under Macca.
I have been very frustrated over the years with our onballers poor kicking. Right back to Ian Dunstan, Scott West, Jose , Dimma, Libba, Crossy, Boyd and now Macrae. Of course they are under a lot more pressure whilst kicking in tight situations but i think we have recruited some particularly poor kicks over the years.

yeah, you've never hyped up a player that hasn't played an afl game before ..oh
Wait ;)
difference is one bloke was killing it for seymour and another bloke struggles to make a impact in local for Warragul

Why would Suns want Minson anyway?
When they got Nichollas
Just spitballing here. Experience. More senior heads couldn't hurt. Him and Rocket obviously have been together previously. Might provide more of a presence than their current ruckman.

Does anyone remember that article pushing for a mid-season trade period, and saying that Essendon would love Tommy Campbell? I'm obv not going to advocate a mid-season trade period (because it's insane), but anyone think they'll come after him at the end of the season? And if they do, do we let him go?

Omeara had both patella tendons operated on in the pre season and then tore one of them during the season. These are issues which will almost certainly plague him for years to come. There's a reason surgeons prefer to use a hamstring tendon for an acl graft than a patella tendon, because of the high likelihood of ongoing tendon issues in the future and omeara's injury was a serious one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back