Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macrae doesn't have accuracy or depth to his kicking. At least Morris has depth when required.
The position Macrae plays requires that he hits targets more often than he does and also to take shots at goal when required.
Everyone had a go at Boydys onball disposal. Jack has worse disposal than Boyd ever was. He is also like Crossy in that he looks to layoff a pass at 35 metres rather than taking the responsibility of taking the shot himself.
He is never going to be a great kick, I would like to see him just become more reliable. No issue with his ball-getting ability and his in close work.
Obviously the selection panel have been concerned with his defensive efforts also. Which he is working on.
I am pretty sure Macca had the same issue with him and gave him a run in the twos. He came back and racked up 40 under Macca.
I have been very frustrated over the years with our onballers poor kicking. Right back to Ian Dunstan, Scott West, Jose , Dimma, Libba, Crossy, Boyd and now Macrae. Of course they are under a lot more pressure whilst kicking in tight situations but i think we have recruited some particularly poor kicks over the years.

My apologies. I thought we were talking about Talia.

Omeara had both patella tendons operated on in the pre season and then tore one of them during the season. These are issues which will almost certainly plague him for years to come. There's a reason surgeons prefer to use a hamstring tendon for an acl graft than a patella tendon, because of the high likelihood of ongoing tendon issues in the future and omeara's injury was a serious one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. Thanks for that. That's a much bigger risk than i thought. He is the perfect player to finish our midfield IMO, so that's a shame.

Omeara had both patella tendons operated on in the pre season and then tore one of them during the season. These are issues which will almost certainly plague him for years to come. There's a reason surgeons prefer to use a hamstring tendon for an acl graft than a patella tendon, because of the high likelihood of ongoing tendon issues in the future and omeara's injury was a serious one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:eek: sounds like trouble

Are their any player that were drafted last from other club have homesickness ? On Carlise is about money so much is information some people saying coming to our club I guess we need to Waite for the trade period to start to find if comes.

Given his finger is always on the pulse with us, I wonder if it's us not wanting Carlisle, or Carlisle not wanting us?

Pannalstaroz has been saying the same thing for a while now. From what he's said, it's us not into Carlisle

Stewart is interesting with Patton nearing a return to 1st grade where does that leave him? He dominated us last year, can he play as a 2nd ruck?
I like his athletic abilities would fit the bill here

Thought he played well drifting between half forward and half back on us in round 9, was one of their better players that day, he's quite quick also for a big kid.

yeah, you've never hyped up a player that hasn't played an afl game before ..oh
Wait ;)
Prudden? :p
Wasn't Connors that flog who walked dusty out of Richmond only to return 2 days later when no one offered the money he was after?
You're thinking of Dan Connors who was a bad influence on Dusty as a player IIRC

That Carr agent doesn't have a good rep at the moment, apparently quite a few players have left him recently.

*Edit Collingwood and Richmond in particular don't like the way he deals

Last edited:
I'm for keeping A. Cordy on the list - and not because I rate him more than others.
I just think people are underestimating the value in having a depth player who can be both a first ruck and key forward.
I can see him being the "if Boyd gets injured" replacement player over the next few years because they care both over 200+cm who are ruck key fowards.
The fact that Cordy can be both a ruck and key forward pretty much equally as good as each other meas that by default he becomes a good depth player.
I agree that if he could only be a ruck or a key forward, not both, his time is up. But it's not, so keep depth.
Good VFL player is all Ayce will ever be. Nothing more to be said on the matter.

Does anyone remember that article pushing for a mid-season trade period, and saying that Essendon would love Tommy Campbell? I'm obv not going to advocate a mid-season trade period (because it's insane), but anyone think they'll come after him at the end of the season? And if they do, do we let him go?
Bombers aren't into Tommy, it was just a article released by a bloke that isn't connect to the trade department of the dons.
Basically he picked a young ruck that isn't playing and attached it to bombers

Bombers can have Minson if they need a ruck. Our second and Minson for their second. He is the final piece to their premiership puzzle (according to Jimmeh).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers aren't into Tommy, it was just a article released by a bloke that isn't connect to the trade department of the dons.
Basically he picked a young ruck that isn't playing and attached it to bombers

Weren't the Bombers originally into Campbell, prior to us picking him up ?? Maybe this is also a factor in the story...

Weren't the Bombers originally into Campbell, prior to us picking him up ?? Maybe this is also a factor in the story...
Thought it was Dickson more but could be true

They say they were.

"Hey, you picked Dickson and Campbell late in the draft/in the rookie draft. They were at Bendigo, you stole them!"

"Hey, before we were sanctioned for running a systematic off-site PED injecting program, we were gonna trade Crameri and Pick 12 for Pick 4, so the Bont was destined to be a Bomber, oh woe is us."

Christ, I hate that club. Repeated salary cap breaches, a decade and a half of failure and busted for running a doping program, and the stench of entitlement still hasn't washed off their soiled red and black guernseys.

They say they were.

"Hey, you picked Dickson and Campbell late in the draft/in the rookie draft. They were at Bendigo, you stole them!"

"Hey, before we were sanctioned for running a systematic off-site PED injecting program, we were gonna trade Crameri and Pick 12 for Pick 4, so the Bont was destined to be a Bomber, oh woe is us."

Christ, I hate that club. Repeated salary cap breaches, a decade and a half of failure and busted for running a doping program, and the stench of entitlement still hasn't washed off their soiled red and black guernseys.

At least with Dickson, Hird looking ******* livid when we called out his name.

Love how Hird pretended not to know who the third major goalkicker was against them in his presser.

Unlike most, the *er knows well who Dickson is. Hird can suck it (a bag of dead eye dicks that is)

Keep hearing rumours that Hunter want's (or wanted) out. When/where did this rumour start?

Surely he want's to stay now?

At least his trade value has just sky rocketed.

Keep hearing rumours that Hunter want's (or wanted) out. When/where did this rumour start?

Surely he want's to stay now?

At least his trade value has just sky rocketed.

Say for the argument, that's sadly true and Hunter goes.

Demons like to swap their early first round pick for a good young player and a later first rounder. Would that be the best offer we could get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back