Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard Cordy is nowhere near the first round, third round much more likely.

Me thinks it will be:
Howard, Goodes, Gia, Pearce, Williams (Unless he gets his body right, Then Ignore) (Re-Rookied)< Have high hopes for him, Redpath, Greenwood, Austin

Jong Elevated

Like the idea of rookie Williams if he is re injured, your list is about right plus i would add Roberts to that if he isnt good enough to get a game this year plus Prudden would want to show something ie get a senior game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I've heard Cordy is nowhere near the first round, third round much more likely.
I understand that's likely, but player assessments do change dramatically in their final year, Macrae and Bontempelli being two relevant examples. We have only had reports of ONE standout game from Zaine but if he was to play like that every second week ...

Teams I'd say that are certain to finish below us:

Brisbane
Melbourne

Teams I'd say that could finish below us:

GWS
Carlton
St.Kilda
Richmond

and that would leave us a first round pick around 3-7.

Early preferences anyone?

Brisbane
Melbourne

GWS
Carlton
St.Kilda
Richmond

McCartin, Goddard, Durdin.... but I think we'll finish too high for any of them. If we do then Lamb (do you think he might be able to play as a midfielder?) or Pickett. Hopefully if Zaine goes Third round we can get a KPF second round if the later of the two happen.

Brisbane
Melbourne

GWS
Carlton
St.Kilda
Richmond

McCartin, Goddard, Durdin.... but I think we'll finish too high for any of them. If we do then Lamb (do you think he might be able to play as a midfielder?) or Pickett. Hopefully if Zaine goes Third round we can get a KPF second round if the later of the two happen.

Brisbane, St Kilda and Carlton will target KPF's as a priority.

Probably has us taking the 4th/5th best KPP player. We might be better off taking the 2nd/3rd best midfielder as stupid as that sounds..

I think we would be better off taking a player like Jake Lever or a gun midfielder, because everyone before us is near 100% likely to take a KPP
Especially if Carlton/St Kilda/Brisbane fall below us, Melbourne even might decide they want one as well (with Mitch Clark retiring and talk of Frawley leaving)

Crap forgot about Lever.... :oops:
I think we'll add to our tall utilitys or get some genuine pace into the side. Hence Lever, Lamb and Pickett look good.
The thing I like about Lever is he defends really well and can provide rebound from defense and he'd have Morris and Scarlett to learn plenty from

I think its really frustrating though, the best KPP draft in years and the best prospects will all be taken just before our picks; pretty sick

At our pick (7-9) I would be happy with Pickett, Smith, Lever or Lamb. But it's a bit too early to tell.

I would love to do a deal like Melbourne did to get Tyson, say O'Rourke/Tomlinson + pick 20-23 for pick 7-9.

Lamb could be an interesting one if he shows the ability in the middle cause he is class up forward. Could see us playing with three 190cm plus mobile talls in the forward line, one on a wing or in the guts and Jones playing at full forward. Given we have Dahl and say Honey/Hrovat in there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How tall is Hayes? Would be nice if the AFL had done the AIS profiles already, they still have last years up
He's only around 191-192 at this stage but his hands are like glue. Would be close to the second best contested mark in the draft (after McCartin) imo.

Hayes, not sure I see where Lamb fits for us.
Def: Lever, Duggan, Goddard
Mid: Pickett, Maynard, Lim, Weller, Cunico, Wilkinson, Vickers-Willis
Ruck: McLaren, Spurling, Pittonet
Fwd: Watchman, Hayes, Mahady, McKenzie

I've put that together from the start of the year, who I think we're a chance at getting and who to look at during the year

Agreed regarding Lamb though

I don't keep track on TAC cup games but a few names we should draft due to the pun related posts.

I've put that together from the start of the year, who I think we're a chance at getting and who to look at during the year

Agreed regarding Lamb though
Not a bad list; McLaren ends up more of a key defender for mine though.

I don't keep track on TAC cup games but a few names we should draft due to the pun related posts.
How about Dillon Viojo-Rainbow?
xD

Not a bad list; McLaren ends up more of a key defender for mine though.

VitalDread like how McLaren has a big engine? But I will still be tracking all those players progress anyway and young Cordy of course

Wouldn't hurt, strengthening up our defense, but would put a lot of pressure on players such as Roberts/Austin/Redpath to really start showing something
Morris Murphy not getting any younger, a nice rebounding back like a plowman would be nice. Pretty sure there is one in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back