Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else fancy us bringing in one of Jaksch, O'Rourke or Plowman? All out of contract and all offer us something we need.

Got a strong feeling we'll get Jaksch. There's been word for the last year suggesting he's not comfortable living up there in Blacktown and playing with fellow Carey Boys Macrae & Hrovat ought to be an appealing alternative. Should only cost us a 3rd rounder as well.
3rd rounder??? Nah.

Flash86

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Clippers
Anyone else fancy us bringing in one of Jaksch, O'Rourke or Plowman? All out of contract and all offer us something we need.

Got a strong feeling we'll get Jaksch. There's been word for the last year suggesting he's not comfortable living up there in Blacktown and playing with fellow Carey Boys Macrae & Hrovat ought to be an appealing alternative. Should only cost us a 3rd rounder as well.

I wouldn't be against getting jaksch. Definately think he is attainable as he is behind in the depth chart of forwards of Cameron, Patton, Boyd and Giles. Plus they drafted can McCarthy last year aswell. Only reason Boyd got a game was because Mumford was injured so he will play second ruck role and up forward. Makes u wonder when jaksch will get a game.
Unless jaksch becomes a defender for them.

I would be happy to offer a third round pick for him and think we can and should get him.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Nah - as in they won't accept it, or

Nah - as in that's paying too much?
GWS wouldn't accept that, second rounder much closer to the mark.

I'd rather O'Rourke or Tomlinson over him.

Whether we're in on it or not, plowman, jaksch and orourke will be in high demand. None of them have extended their deals.

Surely teams like melbourne, st kilda and Carlton would be more desperate for orourke than us.

Plowman interests me but I can't see the asking price being favourable for us. Doubt we'll get into a bidding war over any of them

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A second rounder for Jaksch at least, anything over that would be overs in this shallow draft though

Really depends who we think is a chance to end up at our first pick

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's a Pick 12 from the 2012 Draft who's only played 2 games, presumably won't play any more with the competition he's facing & he's out of contract. He doesn't hold as much value as people seem to think.
GWS probably won't even use their third round draft pick though, so they'd essentially be just giving him away if they traded him for a third rounder lol

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
GWS probably won't even use their third round draft pick though, so they'd essentially be just giving him away if they traded him for a third rounder lol
Well it's either that, they re-sign him or he heads into the pre-season draft.

I'm pretty confident no club will cough up their second rounder for him.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I imagine (assuming Jaksch leaving becomes an inevitability, which isn't guaranteed) GWS will look to do a Tyson-type trade and upgrade a pick somewhere.
That makes the most sense actually & probably will happen, but an out of contract Jaksch doesn't hold anywhere near the same value as Tyson did so it wouldn't be a very big upgrade.

He's a Pick 12 from the 2012 Draft who's only played 2 games, presumably won't play any more with the competition he's facing & he's out of contract. He doesn't hold as much value as people seem to think.
Ain't about that man. It's supply and demand. Young, exciting key position players have great value.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Ain't about that man. It's supply and demand. Young, exciting key position players have great value.
Mitch Thorpe was a young & exciting key position player, Beau Dowler was a young & exciting key position player, Jarrad Grant was a young & exciting key position player, Lucas Cooke was a young & exciting key position player.

Supporters might think he's exciting but that doesn't mean clubs will. I'd be very very very surprised if any club offered a second rounder for him, provided he spends most of the year in the NEAFL.

Jan 3, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Miami Heat, West Ham, Footscray
Hope I'm not posting something that's already been discussed (couldn't find it when I looked back).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-16/irishman-in-demand

CLUBS are lining up to interview Irish prospect Conor McKenna after his starring role for the European Legion last week in London.

The 18-year-old was almost best on ground in the Legion's combined game with the AIS-AFL Academy, in which he kicked four goals and showed his speed and run.

It was his first ever game of Australian football and his talents didn't go unnoticed, with up to six clubs believed to have interviewed him in recent weeks.

He was first identified at December's talent combine in Ireland, where Essendon sent a scout to take in proceedings.

The Bombers have continued to speak with the 178cm player and monitor his progress, and the young Gaelic player from Tyrone said he had also spoken with a number of other clubs.

"Geelong, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and West Coast have all been talking to me in the last week," McKenna told AFL.com.au.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Well we'll definately have some Rookie spots at the end of the year up for grabs and wouldn't mind doing something like getting an international rookie.
International rookies have their own rookie list so we won't even have to use up a spot on one. :thumbsu: Definitely something we should pursue. From all reports we'd have signed Daniel Flynn if Port didn't beat us to him, so it's something we're keen on looking at.

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
International rookies have their own rookie list so we won't even have to use up a spot on one. :thumbsu: Definitely something we should pursue. From all reports we'd have signed Daniel Flynn if Port didn't beat us to him, so it's something we're keen on looking at.
Hopefully we can grab him before we are beaten to it again... if he is quick and goes on runs like that article suggests then he has some of the most obvious traits we lack in our side at the moment.

Bernie Collins from Ireland... that was more than 10 years ago. Can't think of anyone more recent?
IIRC we tossed up with the Swans who would get Bernie Collins and who would get Tadgh Kennelly.
We got Collins :(

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I wish they'd post some more footage of the AIS boys already
I want to see more McKenna, heh
When was our last international rookie?
Well, there was that O'Carroll guy last year...

I hear he was a great mark, right dogwatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back