Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has space he is picken and Boyd would be to, but there not sheep dogs .
I have no idea what this means. Are you suggesting his disposal is comparable to Boyd and Picken?
If that's the case...maybe have a watch of the GWS game. His disposal under pressure was amazing after quarter time.

The sad part about all this is, if we decided to trade Higgins, the question is, to stop all this emotional rubbish
What is he worth, you're joking if he is worth a first round pick.
When you get into the real world, clubs have a value, I contacted a mate a Geelong, we would be lucky to get a second round pick for him.
They way you blokes rate him, including the mighty Ingloo. He's could be worth anything, and thank god we are not paying him what he is worth, we are underpaying him by as much as $ 325,000, according to you guys.
Just tell me what Higgins is worth, as I am ready to learn.
Right , let me have it.
Goddard, Del santo, tell me who.
Who's getting emotional?

You just suggested we package him in a trade to get a better player (like Patton) or pick. He hasn't got the currency for that. We'd be lucky to get mid second round (we paid pick 26ish for Crameri), most likely early third round.

He is worth more than that to our team.
That doesn't mean he's a superstar, just a good, solid, capable, senior footballer who is in the age range and has the skillset we are in dire need of.
Do you dispute that?

Higgins has to go, is he even that good of a kick??? I don't think so, he hits up targets when he has all the time in the world, slightest bit of pressure he turns the footy over, or bombs it ??
Hahaha, don't forget to leave out that he's soft too!

Thanks for sharing man. I really needed that stuck in my head!

Does this mean that Igloo is this board's Triple H? Bring out the ban(sledge)hammer.
And I'm Shawn Michaels :cool:

I'm actually Scotty 2 Hotty :oops:

I am sure you don't get it, we urgently need a key forward and a key back, if we have to trade Higgins,or Higgins and a pick so be it, he is so replaceable, our list would take care of him.
The Lake for Hrovat was a great trade for both clubs, a Higgins trade, or Higgins and a pick for say Patton, would be a great trade for the Bulldogs.
Good clubs move players on, to improve their lists, we have not been good at this.
Lets hope someone wants him ??????
I have no idea what this means. Are you suggesting his disposal is comparable to Boyd and Picken?
If that's the case...maybe have a watch of the GWS game. His disposal under pressure was amazing after quarter time.

Who's getting emotional?

You just suggested we package him in a trade to get a better player (like Patton) or pick. He hasn't got the currency for that. We'd be lucky to get mid second round (we paid pick 26ish for Crameri), most likely early third round.

He is worth more than that to our team.
That doesn't mean he's a superstar, just a good, solid, capable, senior footballer who is in the age range and has the skillset we are in dire need of.
Do you dispute that?
don't

I am sure you don't get it, we urgently need a key forward and a key back, if we have to trade Higgins,or Higgins and a pick so be it, he is so replaceable, our list would take care of him.
The Lake for Hrovat was a great trade for both clubs, a Higgins trade, or Higgins and a pick for say Patton, would be a great trade for the Bulldogs.
Good clubs move players on, to improve their lists, we have not been good at this.
Lets hope someone wants him ??????

don't
I get it fine. What part of Higgins hasn't got that sort of currency don't you understand?

Higgins will polarise for rest of career as people still think he is something he is not, he is a good solid player in the 10-15 range of side, nothing more or less. He is no star and never will be, has very little currency on trade due to his history and even so can leave as free agent and it wouldnt be on big coin or years so little compo would be awarded. He is worth far more to us than other clubs would pay, so he likely stays, especially considering we still have worst half back depth in league and he has shown he is capable of filling that role for now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right, inside ball is certainly no strength.

OCYgFQd.gif

Mike closed the vent thread on me , so not sure where I put this ?
but for those that saw the game ( I havn't ) , How do you rate Bont - any predictions how far he can go ?
And how did Tarlia go ?
Bonts went really well. Had 14 touches, most of them under pressure, and showed exceptional poise for a first game player. The most striking thing about him is that he just gets the arms free and dishes off to a team-mate when he's tackled, like all the really good midfielders do. Delivered really well into the forward line on a couple of occasions. Combine with his (reputed) aerobic capacity and his general maturity and size he looked every bit a pick 4. He'll be a midfielder's midfielder - I don't see him off half-back etc.

Talia was the standout in a non-performing back line for mine. He spoiled well and wasn't beaten one on one that I saw. Clearly outperformed Young and Williams and still looked slightly short of a gallop. I rate him. If he's fit, I'd have him play as CHB every game, as in something like:

Code:
FB:  Picken - Roughead - Morris
HB:  Wood   - Talia    - Murphy

Higgins has to go, is he even that good of a kick??? I don't think so, he hits up targets when he has all the time in the world, slightest bit of pressure he turns the footy over, or bombs it ??

Complete rubbish --- that is all
Bonts went really well. Had 14 touches, most of them under pressure, and showed exceptional poise for a first game player. The most striking thing about him is that he just gets the arms free and dishes off to a team-mate when he's tackled, like all the really good midfielders do. Delivered really well into the forward line on a couple of occasions. Combine with his (reputed) aerobic capacity and his general maturity and size he looked every bit a pick 4. He'll be a midfielder's midfielder - I don't see him off half-back etc.

Talia was the standout in a non-performing back line for mine. He spoiled well and wasn't beaten one on one that I saw. Clearly outperformed Young and Williams and still looked slightly short of a gallop. I rate him. If he's fit, I'd have him play as CHB every game, as in something like:

Code:
FB:  Picken - Roughead - Morris
HB:  Wood   - Talia    - Murphy

Thanks Clay , very excited about the big Bont. You describe every quality I saw the week before.
And with Talia , was very surprised he played at all last week considering the condition he was in after the Willy game. Showed a lot of ticker and may explain why he needed the run.
Absolutely agree we need to play him from here on , just too talented to be playing VFL when we need to nurture some more key backs.

T
Complete rubbish --- that is all

Thanks Clay , very excited about the big Bont. You describe every quality I saw the week before.
And with Talia , was very surprised he played at all last week considering the condition he was in after the Willy game. Showed a lot of ticker and may explain why he needed the run.
Absolutely agree we need to play him from here on , just too talented to be playing VFL when we need to nurture some more key backs.
Talia is so overrated on this board, I suspect it is because there is such a gap, between Roughead and Morris, Talia and Young, were ordinary last week, Wiiliams disgraceful.
None of the three have had any form with Footscray in the VFL, just hope he and Young improve Sunday or it is going to be a long afternoon.

Talia's going to be a solid, dependable stopper, but his disposal will always be his weakness.

If he turns into a better Nick Maxwell, with better physical attributed, that'll be great for our club.

T

Talia is so overrated on this board, I suspect it is because there is such a gap, between Roughead and Morris, Talia and Young, were ordinary last week, Wiiliams disgraceful.
None of the three have had any form with Footscray in the VFL, just hope he and Young improve Sunday or it is going to be a long afternoon.

You saw last weeks game , I didn't, so I will bow to your opinion.
But Talia is better than I think you give him credit for , but hey just my humble opinion.
As I said , I saw him close up at 3/4 time in the VFL and he was a mess. Was hit early in the first quarter but played on with a lot of guts. I was shocked he was picked to play last week.
Young defenders are hard to find , so think you need to give him a little slack right now and see where he is at seasons end.

Talia is so far from overrated. Excellent young talent with massive upside. Kid is a blue chipper
Blue chipper being the key words (or words) here. I think there are a few that are expecting him to be like a Lake, who is both an elite defender but also an elite rebounder. I see Talia more like a Prestigiacomo with a bit more drive from defence and a better ability to find the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back