Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And how would you explain to these young players that they need to sacrifice and stay loyal to the club after you've just traded away a superstar who has continually knocked back massive offers to stay loyal?
Real life is not supercoach.
I wouldn't have to. I was clear in saying that because of who he is, it would never happen.

Complete rubbish article. Suggests that we are only half way through a rebuild, that the coach knows what he is doing, we have drafted well and that it will still take time before we can reach the heights...... :rolleyes: [/end sarcasm mode]
You had me worried there dude....

NEAFL season stats tell me that Jaksch has played 10 games for a goal return total of 3.3. I hope he has been playing in the backline!

Has played almost all games down back this year at NEAFL. He played mostly forward last year and kicked 26 goals from 13 games.

So what you're saying is that Wallis is practically untouchable? Hrovat is.
No I am saying that both Wallis and Hrovat as good as they are, could be traded. We have a lot of similar types of player, both these guys would hold currency and could sweeten a deal for a GWS KPF. It doesn't really matter as I doubt what we have won't get trumped by another club, or more likely GWS will hold the aces for a while longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I am saying that both Wallis and Hrovat as good as they are, could be traded. We have a lot of similar types of player, both these guys would hold currency and could sweeten a deal for a GWS KPF. It doesn't really matter as I doubt what we have won't get trumped by another club, or more likely GWS will hold the aces for a while longer.

Not really, as Wallis is now our Midfield tagger, we don't have anymore of these and he has done well at times. Taking Picken out of the equation for now. Hrovat is a small forward/midfielder, a bit like a Brett Harvey role. I don't think either are similar as they may seem. getting rid of either would remove a type and would need replacing, or to sacrifice another midfielders strengths and train them into a tagging role

here is an idea, probably stupid though due to lack of sleep

but why not have a different player be a tagger each game, which best suits the best opposition player?
helping develop the defensive side of their game?

but why not have a different player be a tagger each game, which best suits the best opposition player?
we have put a few players through that role in their development. Libba would've done it, Jong, Wallis, Smith and Stevens also. I think it'll help us long term.

we have put a few players through that role in their development. Libba would've done it, Jong, Wallis, Smith and Stevens also. I think it'll help us long term.
Hrovat has been compared to Sam Mitchell in the past, possibly a match up?

I'd love to see Libba on Judd before he retires

Bring in Prudden as a tagger ;)

Who would he suit?

I'd dig it :cool: no pressure at all
I'm not going to lie and say I've seen a heap of Prudden play, but from the little I have seen I would have no problem with him tagging a Sam Mitchell or Isaac Smith.

Someone needs to step up with Mitch and Clay out for the season.

I'm not going to lie and say I've seen a heap of Prudden play, but from the little I have seen I would have no problem with him tagging a Sam Mitchell or Isaac Smith.

Someone needs to step up with Mitch and Clay out for the season.
definitely

Smith can run hard all day, so maybe Boyd? I know he is super-fit

I think Hrovat would learn a tonne off of Mitchell, but if he is setting up from attack...not sure if that is a good/bad thing

Will be sad to see Gia retire at season end! Has always been a favourite player of mine and he practically wrote the book on being an effective sub.

Unfortunately, I think it's time for Cooney to retire too. Love the guy and have enjoyed seeing him play over the years but as Nick Maxwell recently said upon his retirement, "It's almost impossible now to carry injuries". Cooney has been a shadow of his Brownlow best due to his ongoing knee troubles and he consistently looks a pace behind play now as the game continues to get faster and younger. Another of our upcoming star youngsters would slot nicely into his role.

Shaun Higgins is just a slightly younger version of Tom Williams. Both incredibly talented footballers unable to realise their true potential because of their injury-prone bodies. Time to get a good deal for him on the trade table.

Shaun Higgins is just a slightly younger version of Tom Williams. Both incredibly talented footballers unable to realise their true potential because of their injury-prone bodies. Time to get a good deal for him on the trade table.
Free Agent
Would only receive a compo pick for him, the higher the salary the better for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back