Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo shot that down in 5 seconds on 360. Said he's close with jack, that jack loves the club, wants to be a 1 club player and that the club loves him. He said it simply will not happen.

Robbo - Journo who can easily reverse his crud if Riewoldt looks after his best interest and chances of winning a Premieship which probably won't be at Richmond

That time was in 2006. Pick 11 Jack Riewoldt (not Andreas Everitt). Unfortunately the time for Jack (or James Frawley who went at 12) has come and gone.

If Jack Riewoldt wants to be a Premiership Forward - hang around Bontempelli and Macrae : otherwise hang at downward trending Richmond who have already peaked

O'Roarke running with Cotchin, Lets see how he goes

Gaff would really really complement our midfield. Everything tutt was supposed to be. Runs the wings at pace all day, delivers well and kicks goals.
Have to say Fronk I've brought up his names numerous times before on this thread and nobody's really bitten. Plays a blinder and now everybody's onto him.

I for one cannot honestly see why everybody thinks we're delisting Pearce. He's bean earnmarked to be our future small defender. Plenty of others are behind him in my eyes.

If Jack Riewoldt wants to be a Premiership Forward - hang around Bontempelli and Macrae : otherwise hang at downward trending Richmond who have already peaked

Yep lets get Riewoldt, struggling to get a kick against a VFL reserves team and even his over acting isn't helping, let the joke stay where he is, with the rest of the jokes

Have to say Fronk I've brought up his names numerous times before on this thread and nobody's really bitten. Plays a blinder and now everybody's onto him.

I for one cannot honestly see why everybody thinks we're delisting Pearce. He's bean earnmarked to be our future small defender. Plenty of others are behind him in my eyes.

He will be harder to get than Patton, we seriously underate the Eagle's players on here. I've seen Lecras(their dahl) Mackenzie(their Hargrave) and now Gaff(their Macrae) all expected to be picked up with third rounders.

He will be harder to get than Patton, we seriously underate the Eagle's players on here. I've seen Lecras(their dahl) Mackenzie(their Hargrave) and now Gaff(their Macrae) all expected to be picked up with third rounders.
I wouldn't be against giving Pick 6 for Gaff, straight swap. Everybody disagreed at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances of Cal Ward returning from GWS when his contract expires? Will be 26 years old and we should be playing finals by then. I got the sense he loved the dogs but the money was too much. I just wouldn't be surprised if it happened

What are the chances of Cal Ward returning from GWS when his contract expires? Will be 26 years old and we should be playing finals by then. I got the sense he loved the dogs but the money was too much. I just wouldn't be surprised if it happened
There's talk that the free agency rule will be loosened so that a player that has spent four years at his current club and eight years in total in the AFL system would become a restricted free agent. That could coincide with Cal's contract expiring at GWS.

He'd cost too much though, and whatever we offer him, GWS will match, so it's a pipe dream. He might want to stay up there given he's endured their first 3 years, knowing what could be on the horizon. He'd fancy his chances of captaining a premiership at a club he's helped build.

On a strange note, 3 more games for the Giants and he'll have played more games in orange and charcoal than in red, white and blue. Wood, Libba, Dahl, the Jones boy and Roughie have also overtaken him in appearances for the club.

Thoughts on O'rourke BRG??
Solid but not great, Was moved off Cotch within 5mins he set up a couple of goals one to boyd can't remember the other one

I think he is gradually getting better will gauge at end of season

Herald sun article today saying we will get pick 26 based on current ladder if Higgins leaves , Melbourne got pick 23 for Sylvia who is a flog if a bloke and plays one good game a year and they will also get pick 3 for frawley which I think is disgusting as well

According to Wayne Carey on triple m we have offered John Patton 5 years 5 mil and he knocked it back. My question is that he hasn't been out of contract so how could we have made him this offer (legally)? FA at the end of next season correct?

According to Wayne Carey on triple m we have offered John Patton 5 years 5 mil and he knocked it back. My question is that he hasn't been out of contract so how could we have made him this offer (legally)? FA at the end of next season correct?
How can he be a free agent? he's 20.. Anyway, We probably would have gone to his management and said 'look, We're prepared to make a big money offer in the vicinity of X amount of years and Y amount of money, Would John be interested" and his justified and legal response would be no, I'm in contract, throw money at me when the trade period comes around at the end of he year and I can see how shitful GWS are still playing.

How can he be a free agent? he's 20.. Anyway, We probably would have gone to his management and said 'look, We're prepared to make a big money offer in the vicinity of X amount of years and Y amount of money, Would John be interested" and his justified and legal response would be no, I'm in contract, throw money at me when the trade period comes around at the end of he year and I can see how shitful GWS are still playing.

Sorry was in NBA mode, not a "free agent" as AFL calls it but out of contract at the end of the year correct?

Herald sun article today saying we will get pick 26 based on current ladder if Higgins leaves , Melbourne got pick 23 for Sylvia who is a flog if a bloke and plays one good game a year and they will also get pick 3 for frawley which I think is disgusting as well
Whilst I agree it seems silly, Freo overpayed for Sylvia and are paying him more than what Higgins will get at any club, ours or any other.
It's the way that the market system works.

Whilst I agree it seems silly, Freo overpayed for Sylvia and are paying him more than what Higgins will get at any club, ours or any other.
It's the way that the market system works.
Should be based on player ability and what they have done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back