Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th

The worst part of this is that our recruiters spoke to Ben Brown (Kangas) and promised him we would grab him at our pick in the 40's if he was still available (which he was) and instead recruited another stock standard back flanker in Fuller!
Let's not get to carried away with Ben Brown. Even James Gwilt looked like Tony Lockett against our back line.
Brown looks promising, but he needs some kilos added on. Fuller will get another season( no doubt he was ordinary) to prove himself

Is it possible we might try and make a deal with Melbourne to try and upgrade our pick to 3 (the compo they probably get for Frawley)? I only ask because we need a really good key forward- not a resting ruckman or 200cm athlete with potential- there don't seem to be any available on AFL lists now that Patton has signed, and from my (limited) understanding the two really good ones will probably go top 4. Then we won't have to worry about Ben Brown- although we'd probably have to give up something significant to get it. Anyway something like Higgins and 7 for their pick 3, we get Peter Wright and our forward line looks a lot more promising in the long term. It would obviously hurt to lose Higgins but it seems he's at risk anyway and it looks like he isn't considered integral to our team.
Sorry if this idea has already been posted but I cbf'd reading 631 pages to find it.

Also in that Goldsack article it mentions that Cam O'Shea is likely to be traded to St Kilda, St Kilda have heaps of young rebounders I reckon we should look into this one as it's a deficiency of ours.
Is he Rick's brother? He is on Freos rookie list I thnk

[QUOTE grassman75, post: 34784636, member: 64043"]Is he Rick's brother? He is on Freos rookie list I thnk[/QUOTE]
Sorry couldn't tell ya there but O'Shea was bloody solid last year, wonder if injury or out of form has hampered him this season, good age profile too, I'd give a 2nd rounder for him.

Is it possible we might try and make a deal with Melbourne to try and upgrade our pick to 3 (the compo they probably get for Frawley)? I only ask because we need a really good key forward- not a resting ruckman or 200cm athlete with potential- there don't seem to be any available on AFL lists now that Patton has signed, and from my (limited) understanding the two really good ones will probably go top 4. Then we won't have to worry about Ben Brown- although we'd probably have to give up something significant to get it. Anyway something like Higgins and 7 for their pick 3, we get Peter Wright and our forward line looks a lot more promising in the long term. It would obviously hurt to lose Higgins but it seems he's at risk anyway and it looks like he isn't considered integral to our team.
Sorry if this idea has already been posted but I cbf'd reading 631 pages to find it.
If he slips to our pick, we will get Wright
they tested him as a ruckman which kinda worked but once he played hos natural Full Forward role, no one could stop him.

Jaksch*

You do not trade out of the first when you are developing a side unless the deal is too good to not take. Only trading down ala Melbourne last year works.

Anyway this belongs in the list management thread if some admin could please move this to the right thread it would be appreciated.

Im totally against trading our first round pick for two or one fringe gws players.
Offer 2nd dor jax and 3rd round for rourke

Jaksch*

You do not trade out of the first when you are developing a side unless the deal is too good to not take. Only trading down ala Melbourne last year works.

Anyway this belongs in the list management thread if some admin could please move this to the right thread it would be appreciated.
it kinda applies to both threads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_mi5q9qc8UF1rmqsnbo1_250.gif

;)

The way i see it trades involving other clubs and or draft picks belong in the other thread UNLESS it has some part which applies to drafting certain players or types at certain picks that sort can belong in both.

I just don't like it when people have a list management discussion in the middle of this thread it isn't really what it is for. Not singling you out VD just some people blur these threads a bit and I feel like it must be a pain in the backside for Igloo and the others having to move these discussions all the time.

The way i see it trades involving other clubs and or draft picks belong in the other thread UNLESS it has some part which applies to drafting certain players or types at certain picks that sort can belong in both.

I just don't like it when people have a list management discussion in the middle of this thread it isn't really what it is for. Not singling you out VD just some people blur these threads a bit and I feel like it must be a pain in the backside for Igloo and the others having to move these discussions all the time.
I just like to annoy igloo
it's my revenge for gta 5 games against him
but i see your point.

Now it is in this thread and not the draft thread it sounds from the point of view ofbsomeone coming into this thread that I don't like list managent discussions in a list management thread :p

I don't think we are bold enough when it comes to Trades. Most recent premiers have been (Syd, Geel - Ottens, Hawthorn - Croad/Hay/Thompson).

If Macca outlines to Minson that over the next two years we will be slowly taking games away from him and giving them to Campbell, then there is the possibility of him moving on for more game time/chance of a flag. So:

Minson and 26 for Pick 15 and 34 (Port).

Similar to the Lake trade, although Minson is a couple of years younger, so it is slid up half a dozen picks.

Obviously Campbell isn't really to take the reigns as #1 ruck full time, therefore we need a replacement.

Pick 15 for Tom Bellchambers and Pick 50.

Somewhat out of favour at the DONS, and they need to get themselves back in the draft. Has also shown he can be a reliable target up forward, so should kick 30 a year based on past results if he splits the ruck 50/50 with Campbell.

The only problem is ASADA hanging over his head. If we believe the situation to have changed since gaining Crameri, then we should look at Giles at GWS. Similar position, although not as good. He would cost us a simple pick upgrade I would say.

Pick 34 for Ryan Shoenmakers

I originally would have used the Higgins comp for Jaksch, but feel like Shoey has reasonable exposed form, and it would leave us with a better 2nd round pick as well. He should be able to work well up forward, and provide reasonable cover down back if desperate.

Offload Jarrad Grant.

What we get for him will mostly depend on which club is interested. Probably could've got pick 30ish last year, but his value would've fallen (for the sake of this I'll say to 40). A lot of posters would disagree with this, but with Stringer, Crameri, Hunter, Dickson, probably Jones, Stevens and after this period Bellchambers and Shoey ahead of him, he won't get many games. Pretty sure he will be up as a FA after this current deal as well.

That leaves us with:
Draft Picks: 7, 27(Higgins Compo), 40, 45 (Cordy), 50, 63

Out:
Gia, Williams, Howard, Higgins, Minson, Grant, Fuller, Goodes

IN: 5 picks, Cordy, Bellchambers, Shoey

2015 line up:

FF: Stringer, Bellchambers, Schoenmakers
HF: Dahl, Crameri, Bonts
C: Cooney, Griffen, Macrae
HB: Murphy, Morris, JJ
FB: Picken, Roughy, Wood
R: Campbell, Libba, Wallis
Int: Boyd, Hrovat, Hunter, Stevens (SUB)

Put this together last night, Take a look at the massive gap in the 101-150 games section
We are Inconsistent due to lack of Experience which is the reason why we have lapse in games
list_breakdown.jpg

Last edited:
Put this together last night, Take a look at the massive gap in the 101-150 games section
We are Inconsistent due to lack of Experience which is the reason why we have lapse in games

View attachment 76510
Even worse when you consider Williams played 83 games, not 101-150. Crameri and Libba will make it to 100 by the end of next year if they both play basically every game. As a plus, Picken and Higgins will probably get to 150 next year, Morris and Minno to 200 and Boyd to 250. Some nice milestones. Quite a number of players will reach 50 next year depending on games as well. Hopefully with a solid senior group it should help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back