AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What sort of player is he?
Jordan Schroder
Height: 182cm
Weight: 85kg
DOB: 05/12/92
Club: Calder Cannons (Vic)

Bio: A tough midfielder who finished third in the Calder Cannons' best and fairest after an impressive season in the TAC Cup. One of the most underrated playes in the draft according to Cannons coach Martin Allison.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
A hard in-and-under player.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Matthew Boyd - I have the ability to win my own ball and rush forward and kick goals.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Strong inside game, penetrating kick, high endurance level.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I need to run more to receive the ball.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Western Bulldogs - I grew up in West Footscray and my dad barracks for them.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My dad - he played his first game of VFA football at 15 years of age and he has coached me for most of my junior career. I respect his advice and support.

So sounds like a tough inside mid :p but from what I've read (don't think I've seen him play) he's also got a bit of toe, a good long kick and he kicks goals. Has also won a VFL league bnf already too. Doggies supporter too is always handy! But doesn't sound like he'd fit our biggest need but if you could get him cheap and we see a spot for him then ehh why not.

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
interesting we keep looking for inside mids... perhaps a couple of the inside mids we have are not intended to remain such. Or he could just be a 'thinking forward' boyd replacement. Always good to get a doggie, you know he will give it all for the colours i guess.

Or just a case of gettig someone good on the cheap if possible... kinda like my buying 2 packets of chips because they are half price even though i only need 1. 'ill eat the other later ;)

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
yep just looked into him a bit, this kid sounds promising, seems the catters don't mind him either. goal kicking mid is his trademark. kicked 10 goal in a game from the midfield, led the cannons goal kicking from the midfeild too...

Played in the same U16 winner team with wallis and libba

yep just looked into him a bit, this kid sounds promising, seems the catters don't mind him either. goal kicking mid is his trademark. kicked 10 goal in a game from the midfield, led the cannons goal kicking from the midfeild too...

I thought most of them wanted him delisted. I don't like dealing with Geelong we never come out on top with perhaps the exception being Matty Robins.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With the rotation cap coming in it makes even more sense (high endurance base, goal kicking mid). And with the injuries to Smith and Prudden were really not that stocked with inside mids. As long as someone can assure me he is at least an above average kick I'd be very happy with him for a late pick!

I thought most of them wanted him delisted. I don't like dealing with Geelong we never come out on top with perhaps the exception being Matty Robins.
He's been very stiff to not get more games. Plays better in the VFL than guys like Smedts but still doesn't get a go. A lot of Geelong supporters have been annoyed with his treatment this year.

Didn't young win the Liston as well?? Gotta be careful not to flood the list with too much "meh".
Young never won the Liston. You might be thinking of the Collingwood VFL B&F.

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
here is a little about Jordan schroder. as Igloo says, he hasn't been given much of a go.

5 afl games

Played four games and kicked three goals

Twice equalled career best with 11 disposals (rd 8 vs Coll; rd 9 vs Port)

Booted two goals in rd 9 vs Power

Handed out three goals assists in rd 8 vs Coll

Laid four tackles in rd 7 win over Ess

Won Liston Trophy as VFL best & fairest player

Was named in best players in nine of his 14 VFL games

Booted 18 goals in VFL

Member of Cats VFL GF team

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
At first I looked at Shroder and thought no thanks, but all considered, I wouldn't mind too much giving up a 4th rounder. A third rounder maybe if we have to, but If there would be someone better or more necessary at the pick then I don't see why we would.

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At first I looked at Shroder and thought no thanks, but all considered, I wouldn't mind too much giving up a 4th rounder. A third rounder maybe if we have to, but If there would be someone better or more necessary at the pick then I don't see why we would.

Thats where my thoughts are too.
essentially if you're going to give up a 4th round pick on an inside mid in the draft, you'd be better of with schroder who has been in the system already and can come in sooner then a fresh 18 year old would. at 88kg he is solidly built, has history with two of our other players with Wallis and Libba and apparently has a masssive boot on him. can kick from 60-70 on a regular basis. Which might explain how he kicks so many goals...

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sounds like he'd be a bit of a Clay Smith back up, I'd be happy with that as I feel Clay adds a hell of a lot to the current team as a wrecking ball inside mid, but obviously after 2 knee recos theres a little bit of doubt (still confident Clay plays 200 games).

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
He's been very stiff to not get more games. Plays better in the VFL than guys like Smedts but still doesn't get a go. A lot of Geelong supporters have been annoyed with his treatment this year.

Speaking to my mate, said he wants to move elsewhere for more opportunities.
We've enquired about him, as has Carlton, norf and an interstate team

Speaking to my mate, said he wants to move elsewhere for more opportunities.
We've enquired about him, as has Carlton, norf and an interstate team
didnt you mention that horlin-smith is keeping him out of the afl side?

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl/news/...de-cat-spew-fiasco/1e027385kkna21cbmfa926cpny
Levi finds his bark?
There’s a chance there could be some serious three-way trading going on between Carlton, Essendon and the Western Bulldogs once the season’s done and dusted. Although he’s come on in leaps and bounds this year, young Carlton forward Levi Casboult hasn’t been signed to a new contract just yet. The rumour mill has it that the Blues and Casboult’s management are miles apart when it comes to making a deal, with suggestions emerging he’s headed to the Western Bulldogs next season. To replace him, the Blues may be looking at Essendon big man Tom Bellchambers. Shaun Higgins may also be a chance to head to Carlton as well, maybe as part of a deal involving Casboult.

HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back