Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see the Waite article today in the Herald Sun? Some of Malthouses comments were gold.

Link?

Funny how they've gone from Mr Potential to Liam Jones*

*Could be anything if he gets his head right ;)

Link?

Funny how they've gone from Mr Potential to Liam Jones*

*Could be anything if he gets his head right ;)
“I don’t like free trade ... you just get raped and plundered and you end up bringing players up only to see them go to other clubs and this is what’s happening,” Malthouse said, highlighting James Frawley’s imminent departure from Melbourne.

“I don’t like free trade ... you just get raped and plundered and you end up bringing players up only to see them go to other clubs and this is what’s happening,” Malthouse said, highlighting James Frawley’s imminent departure from Melbourne.

"Hypocrisy, thy name is Mick."

Hey.. don't knock Mick...

After all, he did coach us to a prelim failure, which is a measure of success to some who support this club...

I think Mick was dead on the money though with one point .... it is not fair that because one club gains or one club loses a player to free agency, all the other clubs get bumped down one draft pick. If say Frawely does go to geelong for say a first round draft pick why do we drop a spot in the draft order? If Geelong want him and the assessment is Melbourne should get a first round draft pick, why not just give Melbourne Geelong's first round pick. That way the beneficiary pays, non participants don't get penalised and you would see how much the receiving club wants the player.

Those were the days...

Yep... If this club wants to break the mould of being the preliminary chokers, it is going to have to make the hard calls to sort out those who don't have what it takes, lack the discipline, or couldn't care less

837402337.jpg
"Jones! It was five minutes into the first ******* quarter! Why were you standing by yourself in the goalsquare while your opponent was running alone through the middle of the bloody ground!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how bad Higgins, Jones and Tutt have become in the eyes of many after they decide to leave. Revisionism at its finest.
I hope you aren't talking about me (as my post was just above yours) because apart from jokes I've made my opinion has remained the same. Jones could be anything if he wants to work hard and gains confidence, Higgins is quality but injury prone and Tutt is a good bloke with some skills but undoes much of his good work with poor decision-making and composure.
At the end of the day they've all had plenty of chances but none have taken them. Good luck in their future endeavours.

I hope you aren't talking about me (as my post was just above yours) because apart from jokes I've made my opinion has remained the same. Jones could be anything if he wants to work hard and gains confidence, Higgins is quality but injury prone and Tutt is a good bloke with some skills but undoes much of his good work with poor decision-making and composure.
At the end of the day they've all had plenty of chances but none have taken them. Good luck in their future endeavours.
Nobody in particular. Just the vibe of the thread over the last few days.
People are justifying those players are leaving by exaggerating the faults and weaknesses in their own mind, and then among all people it develops.

It's funny how bad Higgins, Jones and Tutt have become in the eyes of many after they decide to leave. Revisionism at its finest.
Hope I am not counted in the many. Wanted Jones traded and copped some flack for it, fair enough people's opinion, never cared about Higgins staying as he no longer offers any of what supporters purport he offers and never rated Tutt. Also don't think Grant will make, do not believe we should keep Redpath, why we got Fuller is a mystery to me and agreed with the delistings

I was hoping Jones would stay, Ive said that before. If a player decides to leave, whinging about it won't change the circumstances . Part ways and move on

I was hoping Jones would stay, Ive said that before. If a player decides to leave, whinging about it won't change the circumstances . Part ways and move on
But one thing I don't understand is how everybody is standing by and uttly agrees with thee decision to not pick Jones at the end of the year, even when his VFL form warranted, in order to "change his attitude/he deserves it for lack of effort" other similar arguements. Even if that does work, what was the bloody point of doing it if we're not reaping the benefits of improving his attitute if he just walks out?

And that's aside from the fact we played a game style not to his suiting, game him no tall support up forward and forced him to chop out in the ruck for multiple weeks jn a row.

And why would he want to play for a club like us when supporters hang s**t on him week after week? Need I go back to that dropped mark against Adelaide ...

Don't need Malceski at this stage. He's a gun but we really aren't going to be pushing the 8 next year so there isn't any point. Stick a youngster in the role.

But one thing I don't understand is how everybody is standing by and uttly agrees with thee decision to not pick Jones at the end of the year, even when his VFL form warranted, in order to "change his attitude/he deserves it for lack of effort" other similar arguements. Even if that does work, what was the bloody point of doing it if we're not reaping the benefits of improving his attitute if he just walks out?

And that's aside from the fact we played a game style not to his suiting, game him no tall support up forward and forced him to chop out in the ruck for multiple weeks jn a row.

And why would he want to play for a club like us when supporters hang s**t on him week after week? Need I go back to that dropped mark against Adelaide ...
Jones' one major problem was consistency, I'll bet that when we sent him to the twos we told him he's not getting back in until he plays consistently good footy. As dominant as he was at times he still wasn't consistent, and thats at VFL level.

Anyway take your whinging to the other thread for it will ya

Jones' one major problem was consistency, I'll bet that when we sent him to the twos we told him he's not getting back in until he plays consistently good footy. As dominant as he was at times he still wasn't consistent, and thats at VFL level.

Anyway take your whinging to the other thread for it will ya
Yes, that is a very reasonable point :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back