List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dude on the D&T board did his Phantom Draft.

St Kilda.
Christian Petracca
Jordan De Gooey
Paul Ahern
Lucas Webb

I laughed, allllllll the way to the bank.
Mine would make everyone happy aswell I'm sure

If we plan on drafting Petrenko I hope its not as a small forward. He just isnt dangerous enough on a regular basis.

Play him on a wing or a hff that rotates on ball and he might be worth a shot.

Would prefer a genuine rookie to Petrenko though. Especially if we are locked on with McKernan and Schneider as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some dude on the D&T board did his Phantom Draft.

St Kilda.
Christian Petracca
Jordan De Gooey
Paul Ahern
Lucas Webb

I laughed, allllllll the way to the bank.
As talented as they all are, surely we've got to take at least one tall. We're in danger of turning into Footscray of a few years ago

Don't they have to go through the national draft before being able to nominate for the rookie draft?

My understaning has always been that as a previously listed AFL player, Saad has the right to pass on nominating for the National Draft and instead only lodge for the Pre Season and Rookie Drafts.

His manager would be (quite rightly) telling him not to take that risk and to nominate for the National Draft to give himself the best chance of being picked up.

Better base wages and chance to secure a long term spot if he gets on a senior list right away also.

Imagine if he was on our rookie list and didnt play a game, while Carlton and Essendon both seemingly have interest in him as an immediate best 22 fit.

We all love the sentiment of getting him back but Saady needs to look after himself first and foremost.

Last edited:
My understaning has always been that as a previously listed AFL player, Saad has the right to pass on nominating for the National Draft and instead only lodge for the Pre Season and Rookie Drafts.

His manager would be (quite rightly) telling him not to take that risk and to nominate for the National Draft to give himself the best chance of being picked up.

Better base wages and chance to swcure a lomg term spot if he gets on a senior list right away also.

Imagine if he was on our rookie list and didnt play a game, while Carlton and Essendon both seemingly have interest in him as an immediate best 22 fit.

We all love the sentiment of getting him back but Saady needs to look after himself first and foremost.
Why do you keep mentioning Essendon? they've already ruled out drafting him.

They were linked then the very next day put it straight to bed.

I dont think the original story came from nothing.

I wouldnt make sense to announce a public interest and thus drive up his draft price.

Its possible that his name came up in passing during a single meeting and that was leaked but from Saad's pov it's a possible life line on a senior list.

Would much rather Saad than Petrenko tbh. Maybe he's a backup plan in case Saad is taken in the ND.

I'm the opposite. Saad can only play as a small fwd or defensive fwd. Atleast petrenko has the potential to play on the wing or HFF similar to Montagna in his earlier years

Saad is massively overrated by our supporters IMO all off the back of 1 season

I'd take Saad's one good season out of two over what Petrenko has dished up in six or seven years.

But if the club take on Petrenko i'll back the club in.

Keep in mind how late Saad was when he started playing AFL football.

Ahmed Saad two year career
Average: 9.0 Disposals, 2.0 Marks, 1.6 Goals, 0.9 Behinds, 3.1 Tackles

Career games: 29
Career goals: 45

Jared Petrenko six year career
Average: 11.7 Disposals, 2.8 Marks, 0.7 Goals, 0.5 Behinds, 3.7 Tackles

Career games: 76
Career goals: 50

Last edited:
If we plan on drafting Petrenko I hope its not as a small forward. He just isnt dangerous enough on a regular basis.

Play him on a wing or a hff that rotates on ball and he might be worth a shot.

Would prefer a genuine rookie to Petrenko though. Especially if we are locked on with McKernan and Schneider as well.
After 70-odd games, the guy averages 12 touches per match… Like Hunt, he's not going to bolster our midfield and he doesn't kick a lot of goals.

Agree that I hope we take the chance on an unknown than guys we already know are average. We don't need to top up at this stage, even for the rookie list.

Is McKernan locked in? :(

I'd take Saad's one good season out of two over what Petrenko has dished up in six or seven years.

Keep in mind how late Saad was when he started playing AFL football.

Ahmed Saad two year career
Average: 9.0 Disposals, 2.0 Marks, 1.6 Goals, 0.9 Behinds, 3.1 Tackles

Career games: 29
Career goals: 45

Out of interest what were saads stats for his 2nd year?

Is McKernan locked in? :(

No idea. Just the vibe...

If we take a punt on McKenzie at 21 then Id think Smack will be left on the shelf.

Scenario two would see the Crows take McKenzie, North take Cockatoo, Carlton or Essendon get Lamb, Freo or Essendon get Goddard, and the Suns go Clem Smith in the teens (all heavily talked about) then we could be looking at someone like Maynard, Langford, Marchbank or even Weller (if he tanked the combine) at 21 along side Neal-Bullen, who we have been linked to for a while.

If we come away with Petracca, ANB and a sliding mid or defender then I fully expect McKernan to be rookie listed and help fill the Stanley sized gap on our list.

I dont think he will be best 22 by any measure though. Hickey probably showed enough mobility to earn the coaches backing as our 3rd tall forward.

The curve ball.is Josh Bruce. The club have said they see him as a forward. Is that a pure lead up CHF or a third tall that pinch hits in the ruck?

TL: DR - We wont get McKenzie and McKernan. If we nab a slider at 21 then Smack will be rookied.

How many games were those he started as sub?

Unfortunately the sub rule has skewed a lot of these stats due to only playing a quarter but it counting as a full game stats wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back