Oppo Camp Trade / Draft / Free Agency (discuss the moves of other clubs and non-St Kilda players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they are just making sure that people like Daniher and Hams and Goddard and Fletcher dont have to do it all by themselves next season ;)

One of these names is not like the others
One of these names just doesn't belong...

Pies
In: 6, White
Out: 11, 31, 49

Eagles:
In: 11, 31, 49
Out: 6, 44

Sydney:
In: 44
Out: White

I am thinking that WCE get the pick 49 but the article is unclear...

WCE have earmarked the #31 for Elliott Yeo

So the trade makes more sense now - however #31 does seem a premium price for Yeo!!

Cross joining Melbourne on a 1 year contract with an option for a second.

Really liking the off-season Melbourne are having. Adding Cross and Vince to help carry the midfield will help take the pressure of their young stars, providing invaluable on-field leadership (Cross will anyway) and hardened bodies to help in the trenches. And by all reports Michie is a steal at #54, being able to bring in young players who will play 15+ games for peanuts is invaluable both in the short and long terms (like Roberton for us, Monfries for PA and Koby Stevens for the Dogs).

Tipping Trengrove and Tyson to both break out and show the AFL world why they were drafting at #2 and #3 respectively.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-21/cross-joins-melbourne

Really liking the off-season Melbourne are having. Adding Cross and Vince to help carry the midfield will help take the pressure of their young stars, providing invaluable on-field leadership (Cross will anyway) and hardened bodies to help in the trenches. And by all reports Michie is a steal at #54, being able to bring in young players who will play 15+ games for peanuts is invaluable both in the short and long terms (like Roberton for us, Monfries for PA and Koby Stevens for the Dogs).

Tipping Trengrove and Tyson to both break out and show the AFL world why they were drafting at #2 and #3 respectively.

Definitely doing much better than last years trade period!

Who do you think will drop next year, in terms of ladder position? I hope we don't get a 27th spoon, so which team will save us from that fate?

Really? I think they stuffed up big time.

I would've hung onto pick 2 & 20. Dom Tyson has a lot to prove.

I think them throwing in pick 20 was way overs. I think GWS absolutely cleaned up.

Agree with Michie - for what they paid will be good value...not sure on Bernie Vince.

Melbourne is instantly going to be better next year & it will have nothing to do with Paul Roos. It will have a lot to do with Jessie Hogan (he is already a gun) & Jimmy Toumpas's further improvement will also make a big difference. Watch him get the credit for that though.

Really? I think they stuffed up big time.

I would've hung onto pick 2 & 20. Dom Tyson has a lot to prove.

I think them throwing in pick 20 was way overs. I think GWS absolutely cleaned up.

Agree with Michie - for what they paid will be good value...not sure on Bernie Vince.

Melbourne is instantly going to be better next year & it will have nothing to do with Paul Roos. It will have a lot to do with Jessie Hogan (he is already a gun) & Jimmy Toumpas's further improvement will also make a big difference. Watch him get the credit for that though.

Yeah fair enough. I just see that Melbourne want to see big improvement next year so they got seasoned bodies instead of more youngsters.

Tyson, while he still does have a lot to prove, is entering his 3rd year of football and so I would argue he will be a bigger contributor than any midfielder drafted this year. He also does have the talent so if he is to have a 'break out' year and starts to fulfil his potential Melbourne would consider this a win. They also got pick 9 and if the reports of Roos being a massive Freeman fan is correct then they will still be able to draft one of their top targets anyway.

Vince will bring more value to Melbourne than the pick (23 I think) they gave up for him. As it currently stands the only seasoned bodies they have are Jones, Cross and him. They have enough young talent across the board that I think giving up a second round pick to help aid the talent they already have is a good move. Just like we don't want to lose too many good experienced players so they can help nurture the kids, Melbourne want to bring in good experienced players (unlike last year) for the same reason.

While Melbourne will improve as a natural result of being more experienced and adding in Hogan, they will also improve as a result of playing for a coach they respect and admire. It may be a 'placebo effect' but if Roos' gets them to play for him he has won half the battle.

Collingwood killing it, very lucky thy got that premiership, no way they would've traded away the likes of Shaw, Daisy, Wellingham, Dawes etc if they were still chasing it. Will strike ultimate fortune again with Aish likely to slide right into their mitts.

So Shaw for Adams in a straight swap. Can see why both parties value their original player higher but I'm with Western Sydney. They had other suitors for Adams and that Collingwood was willing to boot Shaw even with two years left on his contract.

So Shaw for Adams in a straight swap. Can see why both parties value their original player higher but I'm with Western Sydney. They had other suitors for Adams and that Collingwood was willing to boot Shaw even with two years left on his contract.

I agree. Pies are cleaning up in a massive way. Mind you - it is all the other clubs at fault.
  • WCE giving them pick 6 o_O
  • Now GWS give them Adams for the village idiot o_O
  • Melbouurne gave them 20 odd for Dawes.
  • WCE gave them 17 for Wellingham.
Surely someone is dishing out grease payments to get that sort of love.

Who do you think will drop next year, in terms of ladder position? I hope we don't get a 27th spoon, so which team will save us from that fate?

Honestly I hope we do get spoon 27. Pick one is a big prize when we are going to be at the bottom anyway. Why miss out just becouse its spoon 27. And I cannot see anybody saving us from that fate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Pies are cleaning up in a massive way. Mind you - it is all the other clubs at fault.

Yeah does buckley have compromising photos of someone at wce or what?
Maybe they are just masochists, wouldnt let us rip ourselves off last year.

See we were right with Luke Ball, we at least made them give up pick 2 for it. ( But we should have accepted pick 30 maybe and drafted Sam Reid ).

TODAY'S TRADES
- Patrick Karnezis from Brisbane to Collingwood for Jackson Paine
- James Podsiadly from Geelong to Adelaide for pick 64
- Josh Hunt from Geelong to GWS for pick 75
- Paul Chapman from Geelong to Essendon for pick 84
- Scott Gumbleton from Essendon to Fremantle for pick 55
- Trent West from Geelong to Brisbane for pick 41
- Sam Darley from GWS to Western Bulldogs for pick 78
- Andrejs Everitt and pick 39 from Sydney to Carlton for pick 32

Trade Radio@traderadio 57s
.@GWS_Giants has confirmed it will select @jedlambb with its first pick in the pre-season draft

Mitch Cleary@cleary_mitch 28m
Tony Armstrong will be a named a @CollingwoodFC player ... will be delisted by Swans and become a delisted FA

Some incredible movement in the draft order for the top 50 picks:

Draft Order

Round 1
1 GWS - Boyd
2 GWS (from Melbourne for Dom Tyson, pick 9, and others)
3 St Kilda
4 Western Bulldogs
5 Gold Coast
6 Collingwood (from West Coast for 11 & 31)
7 Brisbane
8 North Melbourne (committed to Luke McDonald under F/S)
9 Melbourne (from GWS in Dom Tyson trade)
10 Collingwood
11 West Coast (from Collingwood with 31 for 6, FA comp - Dale Thomas)
12 Richmond
13 Carlton
14 GWS (from Port Adelaide in Jared Polec 3-club deal)
15 Sydney
16 Geelong
17 Fremantle
18 St Kilda (from Hawthorn with Shane Savage for Ben McEvoy)
19 St Kilda (from Hawthorn for Ben McEvoy, FA comp - Lance Franklin)
20 Gold Coast (Nathan Bock compensation)

Round 2
21 Port Adelaide (from GWS in Jared Polec 3-club deal)
22 Brisbane (from GWS in Jared Polec deal, from Melb for Dom Tyson)
23 Adelaide (from Melbourne for Bernie Vince, FA comp - Colin Sylvia)
24 Hawthorn (from St Kilda under McEvoy/Savage trade)
25 Brisbane (from St Kilda for Billy Longer & pick swap, FA comp - Nick Dal Santo)
26 Essendon (from Western Bulldogs for Stewart Crameri)
27 Gold Coast
28 Brisbane (from West Coast for Elliot Yeo)
29 GWS (from Brisbane in Jared Polec deal)
30 North Melbourne
31 West Coast (from Collingwood with 11 for 6)
32 Sydney (from Carlton for Andrejs Everitt, from Richmond for Shaun Hampson)
33 Brisbane (from Carlton for Sam Docherty)
34 Brisbane (from Port Adelaide for Jared Polec & pick swap)
35 Sydney
36 Geelong
37 Fremantle
38 Hawthorn

Round 3
39 Carlton (from Sydney in pick swap for Andrejs Everitt, from GWS for Shane Mumford)
40 Melbourne
41 Geelong (from Brisbane for Trent West, from St Kilda for Billy Longer & pick swap)
42 Western Bulldogs
43 Gold Coast
44 Sydney (from West Coast in deal with Collingwood for Jesse White)
45 Port Adelaide (from Brisbane in Jared Polec trade)
46 Adelaide
47 North Melbourne
48 GWS (from St Kilda for Josh Bruce, from Brisbane in Longer deal, from GWS in Polec deal, from Essendon for Shaun Edwards & Kurt Aylett)
49 West Coast (from Collingwood in deal for Jesse White & picks)
50 Richmond

Gold Coast have traded for a lot of the compensation picks over the last few years. IIRC, they even ended up with the Gary Ablett compo pick/s.

So Hawthorn effectively traded Buddy, Savage and a first round pick for McEvoy and a second round pick. I'm really surprise that they didn't get more involved in trade week.

I'm confused how do GC have Nathan Bock compo when they got him from Adelaide?

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2013-03-20/gc-suns-activate-compensation-pick
Clayton confirmed that the GC SUNS would use the end round one selection (Compensation for the loss of Nathan Bock. Traded from the Adelaide Crows to Richmond in the 2010 trade period; traded from Richmond to the GC Suns in the 2011 trade period). To be taken at the end of round one immediately after the selection of the premiership club.

You have to feel for the Lions. Trying to rebuild and they get a solid core of young players ripped from them for a handful of second rounders. Does make you wonder what is going on at their club though.

You have to feel for the Lions. Trying to rebuild and they get a solid core of young players ripped from them for a handful of second rounders. Does make you wonder what is going on at their club though.

Culture.

A couple of interesting comments:

Stewart Crameri goes bang "I was trying to tell Bomber (Essendon coach Mark Thompson) and a few of the other coaches this is what I needed for my football, I needed a fresh start with a coach that I really respect." (note : the Daily Filth left the bolded part out :rolleyes:)

Paul Chapman "Scotty has this thing about the Gold Coast and how there young boys will very soon have been playing for four, five and six years and how they are going to be a force. He needs his young blokes to do the same thing like we did 10 years ago. My thing to him was, ‘If I’m in your best side and can do things for the team, then how could I not be chosen?’. He said whether I was killing it or not I would still play a lot in the VFL. And that’s the part I don’t understand.”

What was that a Chappy? All I heard was "me me me". Typical short sighted view from an aging vet. Would hate to hear what would happen if one of our senior players got told something similiar.

Well at least we're not the only ones fearing teams like GC. No doubt they'll be handed a couple of flags, our only hope is if the salary cap is completely even across the board. That includes that little but extra teams in NWS and QLD get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back