Oppo Camp Trade / Draft / Free Agency (discuss the moves of other clubs and non-St Kilda players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a reminder of our horror season (noting he kicked 4 goals against us in a 9 point loss).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-29/bulldogs-delist-addison

Dylan Addison has been delisted by the Western Bulldogs after eight seasons at the club.

The 26-year-old was cut by the Dogs this week. Daniel Cross, Patrick Veszpremi, Lukas Markovic and Nick Lower have already been told they won't be offered new contracts by the club for next year.

Cross is expected to be signed by Melbourne on Friday presuming he passes a medical at the club.

What was that a Chappy? All I heard was "me me me". Typical short sighted view from an aging vet. Would hate to hear what would happen if one of our senior players got told something similiar.

Well at least we're not the only ones fearing teams like GC. No doubt they'll be handed a couple of flags, our only hope is if the salary cap is completely even across the board. That includes that little but extra teams in NWS and QLD get.
They'd go straight to Mark Fine, and the rest is history.

Gotta say, @Sunny_'s endorsement and his exit interview doesn't suggest to me that Mav is a great fit. The whole "no jerks" policy doesn't seem to fit well with him. His exit interview screamed FIORA at me - his exit interview when we delisted him was just full of, "It's all their fault, they should have been perfect; I wasn't perfect, but they should have allowed for that." Maverick sounded very similar.

List spots are tight enough as it is, which is awesome. I think Weller will simply be a clogger, and a bit of a disruptive tool around the club.

Well done to Kyle Hartigan, who was raised a number of times by posters (admittedly I dropped off a bit after a so-so performance in a VFL final). Seems he had the right attitude and has kept plugging away.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-10-30/rookie-defenders-earn-promotion

Rookie defender Kyle Hartigan has earned promotions to Adelaide’s senior list. “Kyle also displayed consistent SANFL form throughout the year, but had to wait a bit longer for his chance. He looked really comfortable in his three games late in the year and we think he could develop into a quality, long-term defender for us.”

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...o-leave-adelaide/story-fni5f4l8-1226752308426

Bernie Vince insists he did not want to leave the Adelaide Football Club.

“They pushed me out the door.”

“They let me know even if I had a stand-out season next year they weren’t going to re-sign me any further,” said Vince, who would have left the Crows in October as a free agent.

“They were happy to secure pick 23 to be early in the draft.”

Vince, 28, described his “hurt” at being first linked in a trade with Brisbane for midfielder Jared Polec (who preferred to join Port Adelaide) - and then being shopped to Melbourne on the eve of his U.S. holiday.

“Not once did Sando or Nobes say they really wanted me to stay at the club."

“It has come out that this was my decision. I don’t think they (the club) want the fans or the media to know they pushed me out of the door. But the full team knows the situation.”

“Everyone wants to feel wanted,” he said. “When the trade period started with my name thrown out there - with a couple of others - that is what hurt to start with. I honestly thought nothing would come of this.”

I remember when Dylan Addison kicked a bag against us...

If anything signified that it's going to be a long, long way back, that did it.

I recollect a few people mentioning this guy in the trade thread (although possibly prior to Longer being recruited).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e-up-ruck-stocks/story-fni5fan7-1226762330678

TheSydney Swans have moved to shore up their ruck stocks by giving delisted Richmond ruckman Tom Derickx a second chance.

The Swans, weakened by the post-season departure of Shane Mumford (GWS), announced on Monday they had added 25-year-old Derickx as a delisted free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Barrels...he mentioned this guy and every other registered player across Australia 195cm+...:p
Got a new one for next year... 195cm 91kg Zac O'Halloran... KPF from Spence's old stomping ground the Western Jets ;)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/19924292/bevans-surprise-bid-for-afl-return/

Bevan's surprise bid for AFL return

"Perth captain and Sydney premiership defender Paul Bevan has set recruiting tongues wagging by nominating for tomorrow's national draft with financial stipulations."

"Players rarely stipulate financial terms when nominating for the draft. It is normally done after agreeing to a contract with a specific club."

"Clubs were yesterday discussing whether Bevan had been encouraged to nominate so he could either bolster a premiership contender's list, or join a lower team where his experience and leadership would benefit the squad's development. He has stipulated any contract must be for two years."

"But Bevan told _The West Australian _ that he hadn't received any promises and he was nominating in the hope that his strong 2013 would give him one last chance at AFL football."

I don't think he would be associated with us, because of age,

but GWS could use him as 'mature' player with younger players for couple of years, (?)

Putting my money on Freo with pick 58.

He would know Ross from the Swans days, now they are both in Perth, not a deep draft... Total guess but it seems like the sort of move Ross would pull.

Gotta say, Sunny_'s endorsement and his exit interview doesn't suggest to me that Mav is a great fit. The whole "no jerks" policy doesn't seem to fit well with him. His exit interview screamed FIORA at me - his exit interview when we delisted him was just full of, "It's all their fault, they should have been perfect; I wasn't perfect, but they should have allowed for that." Maverick sounded very similar.

List spots are tight enough as it is, which is awesome. I think Weller will simply be a clogger, and a bit of a disruptive tool around the club.

Wow... How things have changed now!

Wow... How things have changed now!
Absolutely! I'm happy to eat humble pie on that one.

Clearly, based on what Sunny said, there were issues between him and the Suns. But it seems that those issues had more to do with the Suns than it did about Mav. Any of us can start acting like a tool when we're in a hostile working environment.

Absolutely! I'm happy to eat humble pie on that one.

Clearly, based on what Sunny said, there were issues between him and the Suns. But it seems that those issues had more to do with the Suns than it did about Mav. Any of us can start acting like a tool when we're in a hostile working environment.

I think the lesson we all can learn Persy is that you cant trust opposition supporters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back