Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok were's GOEAGLES to give us his prediction ? I suspect he is anchored down in some Tibetan Monastery with all the Sages beckoning him for his words of Wisdom.

Very surprised by this, why pick him up 2nd esp after he wanted out? Hardly gave the other teams a shot of poaching him.
Happy for Davis, he wasn't the worst player for us, always tried his best, etc, also was good for him to stay in the WAFL despite being from NSW.

If I were to guess I'd say it was because we rated him higher than what was left and there was no chance of the other two being poached.

We now have a lot of young, untried mids in our depth chart so along with Kane Lucas he's handy backup. On my depth chart they're both behind Hutchings who is squeezed out by the returning Duggan. There's honestly a lot to like about the shape of our list right now.

Colledge and Tunbridge give me a spell. It's a rookie list be a bit adventurous...

Maybe when there's a bit of actual depth of talent left in the pool? This year is probably not the year to go nuts.

Plus Colledge was still contracted for another year, and Tunbridge probably deserves one last shot after injury wrecked his year (if I remember correctly). They'll both want to improve a fair bit if they wish to survive going into a stronger draft next year.

both Colledge and tunbridge will useful as depth, especially if a few mids have injuries. I rather them getting a game over mcginnity.

Maybe when there's a bit of actual depth of talent left in the pool? This year is probably not the year to go nuts.

Plus Colledge was still contracted for another year, and Tunbridge probably deserves one last shot after injury wrecked his year (if I remember correctly). They'll both want to improve a fair bit if they wish to survive going into a stronger draft next year.
Fair call. Didn't realize Colledge was contracted.

Don't love what we did with the rookie draft at all.

Watching Snaddens videos, he looks like Embley when he had one of those really s**t days.
May be a prototype athlete but man has he got a long way to go as a footballer.

I think your full of s**t, making comments on players just from from some edited video.
He's a inside mid that has pace and power and clean hands, can burst away from a pack like Dangerfield
He's a beautiful mover, very versatile but is best suited to inside mid, his work from stoppages is very good.
The reason he slide is because he just averaged 20 possessions a game, so needs to increase his production
and endurance
Truly believe this kid can make it at afl level if developed as a inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think your full of s**t, making comments on players just from from some edited video.
He's a inside mid that has pace and power and clean hands, can burst away from a pack like Dangerfield
He's a beautiful mover, very versatile but is best suited to inside mid, his work from stoppages is very good.
The reason he slide is because he just averaged 20 possessions a game, so needs to increase his production
and endurance
Ease up buttercup, seems like I hit a nerve, is he your kid or something?
I never said I was going off anything else besides videos. (only 3 I could find)
His kicking and hand balling skills in general look s**t in those videos thus the comment....Which I am entitled to make.

I hope you're right...However, again, going of the only available videos I can find, he has a very long way to go.

and endurance

I dont completely agree on ArdentEagles and nor do i agree on your statement. I dont believe snadden is as bad as ArdentEagle describes him to be but i dont believe he is as good as you try to make him out to be. I dont think his disposals is the reason he slid as there we few mid who has less or around what he had and still went in the draft (david Cuningham is one). From what i read is that he is average decsion maker and his disposal by foot isnt great. I think those factors must have played a huge part in him being overlooked in the draft.

and endurance
Settle down Mr Snadden it is just BF critique

Ease up buttercup, seems like I hit a nerve, is he your kid or something?
I never said I was going off anything else besides videos. (only 3 I could find)
His kicking and hand balling skills in general look s**t in those videos thus the comment....Which I am entitled to make.

I hope you're right...However, again, going of the only available videos I can find, he has a very long way to go.

People watching videos of Luke Shuey said the same thing on this board all from watching a couple of videos.
You love making these sweeping definative statements on a player just from video.
So i stand by comment your full of s**t.

People watching videos of Luke Shuey said the same thing on this board all from watching a couple of videos.
You love making these sweeping definative statements on a player just from video.
So i stand by comment your full of s**t.

I do, you're right.
I believe you can generally get a feel for what the player has to offer from a group of videos however, for example if the player is carrying an injury through as series then my sweeping judgements are unfair.

As a whole, I still think you can get a feel.

As for being full of s**t, people that know me say I'm one of the most straight up people they know.
Each too their own I suppose.

Instead of attacking me, can you please explain what I've missed from that group of videos.
Obviously for what you've already written, he sounds as though he has great potential, especially athletically but you have to admit (from the videos) that technical skills/flaws/decision making are there.

I'm staggered people can form such strong views from 3 minutes of footage, consisting of 5 kicks, 2 marks and a handball.
Every year, without fail.

Amusing stuff.

Colledge and Tunbridge give me a spell. It's a rookie list be a bit adventurous...
Quoted this, not for the first part but the second.

Obvious now that the original idea of the rookie list is long gone. Time to get rid of it. Make the main list bigger by 4-6 and give rookie listed players a full salary. Can still have two seperate drafts to give teams time to reevaluate what's left but it is a joke when guys like Adock and Davis get picked up. They would be paid more playing second tier and working part time yet they are now full time footballers.

If the AFLPA had any power it would have been gone years ago but they are without doubt the most limp, soft, clueless players union in world sport.

I'm staggered people can form such strong views from 3 minutes of footage, consisting of 5 kicks, 2 marks and a handball.

Seem as though I've done that with most of the draftees this year.
Suppose I now a family man and have no life.

In all seriousness though, you're right in the fact that I have polarised opinions, probably stronger this year than any year before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back