Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit surprised with Gwilt delisting news. He is an ok depth player. In saying that I wouldn't want us to chase him.

I wouldn't mind him on our list at the expense of Hardingham to be honest. With St Kilda having no KPDs for the past couple of seasons Gwilt was forced to put on weight so he could fill a hole at FB/CHB. With Essendon he could get back to being a running player with elite kicking ability.

What happened to the rumour of us getting into Seb Ross' ear to come over and play with his cousin Jobe?
Neat kick on him and can see him developing to be a better version of Howlett.

Then again it was just a rumour and probably a pipe dream as STK wont want to give up any promising young kids up too easily while they rebuild.

I can't comment on the 3 that haven't played a game but no to the rest.

That's 10 list changes, but 3 are rookies anyway. Still, 7 ND picks (unless they upgrade O'Brien) even with academy players like Hammelman is a lot. I thought he'd cull them over 2 seasons

Lions have delisted Raines, Polkinghorne, Lisle, Wearden, Hayes, Michael and Conway. Anyone worth a rookie spot there?

Wearden, Hayes and Conway haven't played a game, Michael has played three.

I saw Michael play last year he didn't look to bad I thought. Wouldn't mind inviting him to train or play with the VFL side

Lions have delisted Raines, Polkinghorne, Lisle, Wearden, Hayes, Michael and Conway. Anyone worth a rookie spot there?

Wearden, Hayes and Conway haven't played a game, Michael has played three.

I actually thought Sam Michael didn't disgrace himself when he played. He's an enormous unit as well.

I can't comment on the 3 that haven't played a game but no to the rest.

That's 10 list changes, but 3 are rookies anyway. Still, 7 ND picks (unless they upgrade O'Brien) even with academy players like Hammelman is a lot. I thought he'd cull them over 2 seasons

They're blessed with Academy picks and 2 potential f/s picks, apart from pick 4 they could almost run through the entire draft just off that if they wanted to

I actually thought Sam Michael didn't disgrace himself when he played. He's an enormous unit as well.

They're blessed with Academy picks and 2 potential f/s picks, apart from pick 4 they could almost run through the entire draft just off that if they wanted to
So they could go Brayshaw (if he lasts), Hammelman, Roos, Uebergang? etc.

So they could go Brayshaw (if he lasts), Hammelman, Roos, Uebergang? etc.

Brayshaw, Hammelmann, Andrews, Dawson, Uebergang, Clayton (son of), Roos (son of), Cameron-Reeves. Potentially 3 more that i don't know that much about as well.

Obviously they won't take them all, but there's nothing stopping them in theory

It just seems so crazy. Lions have an abundance of rucks. We don't have any. Someone close to sydney told me they were trying to lure him away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely its a confusion with Dempsey*

Assuming there's any truth to the rumour.

I said a couple of pages back i suspect this to be the case if there is anything in it. Ryder is contracted for another two bloody seasons, and that's not even the most ridiculous part of it unfortunately for Tom 'I live in the trash can outside Tullamarine' Browne.

The question would then become what can we get out of Brisbane without factoring in draft picks because they'll very likely be tied to academy players before the trade period.

Crisp?

The question would then become what can we get out of Brisbane without factoring in draft picks because they'll very likely be tied to academy players before the trade period.

Crisp?

For Ryder?

Rockliff and Hanley.

I said a couple of pages back i suspect this to be the case if there is anything in it. Ryder is contracted for another two bloody seasons, and that's not even the most ridiculous part of it unfortunately for Tom 'I live in the trash can outside Tullamarine' Browne.

Crisp?

We'll have our first 2 picks in the draft and the rest will be for Academy players. Doesn't matter anyway, can't see it happening unless he's playing as a permanent forward.

Crisp?

The way Essendon are we'd need Pick 4 on the table for negotiations to begin

I don't know who Tom Browne is but this is the stupidest sh!t I've ever heard.
A. Ryder is contracted for 2 years.
B. He in the form of his life in a team that is playing finals.
C. He's from WA, not QLD.
D. He has a young family here.
E. He's a gun but doesn't fill a list need for the Lions.
F. Why would the Lions pay top price for a contracted player at a stage in their development where they're at least 3 years off being a threat?

The only thing I could possibly think of is that he's predicting we'll get ravaged by ASADA and is looking to get a big contract before being suspended. Still, seems a long bow.

I don't know who Tom Browne is but this is the stupidest sh!t I've ever heard.
A. Ryder is contracted for 2 years.
B. He in the form of his life in a team that is playing finals.
C. He's from WA, not QLD.
D. He has a young family here.
E. He's a gun but doesn't fill a list need for the Lions.
F. Why would the Lions pay top price for a contracted player at a stage in their development where they're at least 3 years off being a threat?

The only thing I could possibly think of is that he's predicting we'll get ravaged by ASADA and is looking to get a big contract before being suspended. Still, seems a long bow.

It's such an insane claim that I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a bullshit rumor fed to some people at the club to weasle out a person who's been leaking, a la Bev Knight. I honestly don't know how either clubs would win from such a trade, and how Ryder would benefit (he's already on good money).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back