Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds reasonable, if crack is your drug of choice.

Ryder is very arguably our best player. I would say that he is more important than both Watson and Goddard.

He's got 2 years to run on his contract. It's going to take something extreme to get him. Rockliff and Hanley might be a bit much but your first pick would certainly be on the table with one of your best prospects/players and a pick upgrade.

On our board someone has heard of a possible trade of luey for reid (swans). If this was the case then us looking at ryder (or is it him looking at us) makes a little more sense but this rumor is from very very left field

For your sake I'd hope not, Reid is average. I know Berger is always injured but his potential far outweighs Reid.

It just doesnt make sense why Ryder would want to be traded to Lions, sure they are a promising young side but with us being closer to our Premiership window wouldnt he want to stick with us? Surely we're looking after him just fine on the financial side of things..

Unless of course its some personal reason like being sick of the cold Melbourne climate and wanting to raise his family up somewhere nice and warm?

I would be so so gutted if the rumour was true, no matter what we get from Lions on the trade table. Its tough as well to negotiate a fair price when its a player initiated trade.. :(

Really hoping whoever this Tom Browne guy is just some flog with no credible sauce.

High ball winning inside midfielder who can push forward and kick goals.

KOMMER%20Nick.png

One out of five ain't bad.

Last edited:
I'd highly doubt Ryder will ask to be traded. Have a look at his passion and emotion the last couple of years when he has kicked a big time goal.

The fact that no one else in the media has reported this says a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind if we picked up James Gwilt, would offer good cover in defence on the 3rd best opposition forward - defence skills are sound, neat foot skills.

Who goes out of our back 6 for Gwilt?

I'd rather hang onto Steinberg.

Who goes out of our back 6 for Gwilt?

I'd rather hang onto Steinberg.

Steinberg can hang around. Gwilt is a more experienced and polished player, he was playing above his height and weight on the key forwards the last couple of years - would make an excellent depth player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back