Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and all have replacements already lined up, their management system is just about the best there is.
That is a lot of quality to replace, and it is far too early to be able to say with any degree of certainty that the replacements will be as good.

That is a lot of quality to replace, and it is far too early to be able to say with any degree of certainty that the replacements will be as good.

To a degree I agree, but they have the best coach in the land bar none and the best development system. Actually rate their juniors they have coming through

Yes and all have replacements already lined up, their management system is just about the best there is.
And how many of them have actually played AFL?

And how many of them have actually played AFL?

Geelong and Hawthorn give their young players 2 to 4 years in the system, before they play regular AFL footy. Not playing senior footy at 18/19 doesn't mean they lack ability.

Geelong and Hawthorn give their young players 2 to 4 years in the system, before they play regular AFL footy. Not playing senior footy at 18/19 doesn't mean they lack ability.
They have 5 players the age of 22 or under who've played AFL at any stage of their career. That is the least out of any club in the AFL. The fact remains that they've got one of the oldest lists in the competition (I don't know the statistics, but I think it is the oldest). To say that they're just entering their window, given the facts that 7 of their key players will have turned 30 this year, and have 5 players under 22 having played AFL at all, on exposed form, is just silly.

They have 5 players the age of 22 or under who've played AFL at any stage of their career. That is the least out of any club in the AFL. The fact remains that they've got one of the oldest lists in the competition (I don't know the statistics, but I think it is the oldest). To say that they're just entering their window, given the facts that 7 of their key players will have turned 30 this year, and have 5 players under 22 having played AFL at all, on exposed form, is just silly.

I never said Hawthorn was entering the window. Are you confusing me with Bombers No 1.

John Butcher dropped. A good player to try and recruit?

Maybe if he's on the cheap.

Maybe we're just better off drafting a KPF? preferably one that can kick

Butcher's kicking is woeful. Don't want.

I'd be keen on getting Pat McCartin in the draft if we can trade to get a pick early enough to grab him. Ideally the AFL award us pick 1 when the new hierarchy take over and realise how much the club was shafted..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Tsitas , Sam Heavyside

Can I have Shannon Taylor as our token Frankston Dolphin recruit this year? Or maybe Ben Cavarra ?

Take them both, they're both decent chances to get onto our list eventually.

Massive fan of Heavyside's game for a long time, Tsitsas attracted me because of the name initially, but i reckon he can play

James Tsitas , Sam Heavyside

Can I have Shannon Taylor as our token Frankston Dolphin recruit this year? Or maybe Ben Cavarra ?

Have you consulted with Simon Goosey !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back