Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For our last pick I hope :/

That's a bit harsh.. was picked as a forward and couldn't crack into the team @ GWS Globetrotters so now they're playing him as a defender instead of a forward.

Only 19 (nearly 20), plenty of upside, is being courted by multiple clubs, definitely commands more than a last pick.

if you're looking for steak knives Jetta is more like a couple of serviettes...Dempsey has value, can play the game..
Surely the two of them together (Ryder and Dempsey) would be worth dangerfield, that leaves us with a big ruck hole and I'd assume gleeson to cover for Dempsey.

Ryder + whatever they want if it gave us a chance at a guy like Dangerfield...

Dangerfield is a seriously awesome player.. would elevate our team to Top 4.. no doubt about it.

Ryder + whatever they want if it gave us a chance at a guy like Dangerfield...

Dangerfield is a seriously awesome player.. would elevate our team to Top 4.. no doubt about it.

Wouldn't say whatever they want, for example if we lost Ryder/Carlisle, I'd say we would be worse off.

Untouchables at Essendon for mine:

Carlisle
Hurley
Watson
Heppell

Ryder was in this list ^ but our hand is being forced.

If we were to seriously go for Dangerfield then there is no way Adelaide would accept just Ryder. We'd have to throw in pick 19 as well. Plus tbh im not even sure Adelaide would want Ryder. They've got Jacobs who is arguably better than him and Josh Jenkins who is a star in the making as a KPF/ 2nd ruck to go with big Tex in the fwd line

GWS sending guys to tour Essendon suggests maybe that douche Barrett might be on to something. Players will be blown away with the facilities but the ASADA crap is another story.
Ryder for Shiel/Jaksch and swap of picks?

Fills two needs.

GWS sending guys to tour Essendon suggests maybe that douche Barrett might be on to something. Players will be blown away with the facilities but the ASADA crap is another story.
Ryder for Shiel/Jaksch and swap of picks?

Fills two needs.
Where did you see this?

The pick 19 is a typo, right?
Even though I think Ryder is worth more than this I still believe were going to get what his worth due to all this ASADA bullshit. Jaksch is probably worth pick 19 alone and Shiel has the potential to be a star and would of been a number 1 draft pick if he wasn't a pre zone selection. Ryder is worth more than him yes but I reckon this deal could definitely suit both parties

Even though I think Ryder is worth more than this I still believe were going to get what his worth due to all this ASADA bullshit. Jaksch is probably worth pick 19 alone and Shiel has the potential to be a star and would of been a number 1 draft pick if he wasn't a pre zone selection. Ryder is worth more than him yes but I reckon this deal could definitely suit both parties

EFC's brief for the Ryder trade is a first round draft pick and a quality player, obviously we'd be open to the equivalent value in players.

Remember Jaksch is uncontracted and wants out, GWS isn't getting overs for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger is about right in terms of our needs, but would cost us.
Adelaide's backline was a major issue for them this year, as was their outside run.
Wouldn't say whatever they want, for example if we lost Ryder/Carlisle, I'd say we would be worse off.

Untouchables at Essendon for mine:

Carlisle
Hurley
Watson
Heppell

Ryder was in this list ^ but our hand is being forced.
Ryder and Carlisle for Danger and a pick? Unlikely, but we'd be mad not consider it.
Esp with Hurley and Hooker as our bookend backs.

That said, as good as Danger would be, I can see in Zaka all the qualities to be a similar player, if he found the consistency between his best and his lulls.
I'd prefer to deal with GWS for a forward. They were apparently keen on letting Boyd go this year and focusing on Cameron and Patton. No idea what Patton's injury has done to that, but they are aware the are top heavy up forward with some real trade value there. I think Cameron's position is the other factor in all this

If we were to seriously go for Dangerfield then there is no way Adelaide would accept just Ryder. We'd have to throw in pick 19 as well. Plus tbh im not even sure Adelaide would want Ryder. They've got Jacobs who is arguably better than him and Josh Jenkins who is a star in the making as a KPF/ 2nd ruck to go with big Tex in the fwd line
they will also land Durdin this year to help fill the forward line gap.

Crows backline is where they have issues.
Talia and Otten is about all they have in terms of regular talls playing. They have shifted a lot of kids through there trialling them.

Danger is about right in terms of our needs, but would cost us.
Adelaide's backline was a major issue for them this year, as was their outside run.

Ryder and Carlisle for Danger and a pick? Unlikely, but we'd be mad not consider it.
Esp with Hurley and Hooker as our bookend backs.

That said, as good as Danger would be, I can see in Zaka all the qualities to be a similar player, if he found the consistency between his best and his lulls.
I'd prefer to deal with GWS for a forward. They were apparently keen on letting Boyd go this year and focusing on Cameron and Patton. No idea what Patton's injury has done to that, but they are aware the are top heavy up forward with some real trade value there. I think Cameron's position is the other factor in all this
I wouldn't trade Carlisle unless we got Fyfe in return.

I know he is still contracted, but surely we must atleast look into trading Hird for a 1st round pick, an upgrade on our 2014 1st round pick + 2 2nd round picks? This way we would get to keep Ryder aswell.

I know he is still contracted, but surely we must atleast look into trading Hird for a 1st round pick, an upgrade on our 2014 1st round pick + 2 2nd round picks? This way we would get to keep Ryder aswell.

this post is a special post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back