Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard that before...

Aware of the constant calls for Geelong to fall, but seriously they had to be just about the worst top four side at the end of a H&A season in a long, long time.

I haven't heard that before...

Lincoln McCarthy, Josh Walker, Travis Varcoe, Mark Blicavs, Jackson Thurlow, Jordan Murdoch and Mitch Brown all played a semi-final this year. That's a third of the team. They're teetering on the edge.

I'd have him. Like Courtney Dempsey, but with the forward position. Get him. Love Courtney, so a 'Courtney' in our forward line would be nice. Zaka and him HFF would be awesome. Daniher/Carlisle CHF with Tippa in a pocket! Wowee!

What is the story behind Jacob Brennan's de-listing at West Coast?

Edit: 28 games in four years says a bit I suppose. Always struck me as a likely type. Big body, plenty of pace and hard at it.

If we've refused to persist with players like Jetta and Reimers because of their front running tendencies and refusal/inability to be part of a defensive zone I am not sure where Jeff Garlett fits into it all.
He's a bit different, and bigger.

Im with Ben the Gooner on this one.

Why the need for 'trade week radio' and "expert comments" from people you and I have never heard of?

Just watched a short clip to catch up on everything. The last grab summed it up really.

(In regards to James Frawley)
"It's come down to a three way race from here. Fremantle the rank outsider, Geelong his preferred destination whilst the Hawks may have just snuck there noses back in front"

"And, thats all we have here from trade week..."

Why the **** has Hawthorn gone ahead? Please, elaborate don't just state the bleeding obvious. If you want to get your noggin on tv, kick Terry Wallace of and get on it.

Im with ben now, kinda over this week already when reports and speculation is all we are going to here about when no god damn bloody moves can be made anyway.

If we've refused to persist with players like Jetta and Reimers because of their front running tendencies and refusal/inability to be part of a defensive zone I am not sure where Jeff Garlett fits into it all.

Garlett was excellent at pressuring the opposition when he was in form and its fair to say there is a massive difference between what Garlett has produced at AFL level compared to Jetta and Riemers

Not sure why trade period doesn't commence the day after the GF.. I mean seriously.. like all the clubs aren't talking to each other anyway.. seems silly.

Why the need for 'trade week radio' and "expert comments" from people you and I have never heard of?

Just watched a short clip to catch up on everything. The last grab summed it up really.

"It's come down to a three way race from here. Fremantle the rank outsider, Geelong his preferred destination whilst the Hawks may have just snuck there noses back in front"

Why the **** has Hawthorn gone ahead? Please, elaborate don't just state the bleeding obvious. If you want to get your noggin on tv, kick Terry Wallace of and get on it.

Im with ben now, kinda over this week already when reports and speculation is all we are going to here about when no god damn bloody moves can be made anyway.

That's all well and good but this never was a news thread. It's been about theories, opinions, hypotheticals and innuendo for 200 odd pages now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'never heard of's can sometimes 'be on the money'. If you don't rate 'the others', why dispel others?

Surely I won't make a difference, we wouldn't have to use that on Jake Long anyway. More concerned about getting in before any rule changes that might make it harder to get multiple F/S prospects in in the same draft (without trying to get ahead of myself)...

I doubt it. He is either traded or delisted and they get nothing. Apparently no one apart from us really has any interest so maybe even pick 68.
What's your source on this?

I doubt he'll leave, and even he does we won't get him, but Levi Greenwood is still uncontracted. Would be a great pick-up.
Would he? Doesn't add anything that Myers doesn't have and a worse kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back