Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would say we need the rookie spots just as much as the main list.
That's the thing, category b rookie spots have no bearing on the main rookie list (they're basically a bonus)

Is there any need to keep Van Unen? At the age we recruited him, you would have expected him to play more than 1 game in 2 years and he doesn't look like he fills any need on our list.

Is there any need to keep Van Unen? At the age we recruited him, you would have expected him to play more than 1 game in 2 years and he doesn't look like he fills any need on our list.
And his one game was... Well it wasn't good.

Why would they not just announce it today if he's definitely gone?
Maybe he's still overseas, unlike Gregory etc. and want to tell him in person? This sort of thing shouldn't be done over the phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that they get much but maybe it's a salary cap issue? I think half the rookies salaries go into the cap.
Category B rookies are outside the cap

You would think they'd have learnt now that the very best key forwards come in the early stages of the drafts!
*bangs head against wall
Too true, to be fair to them we were very, very midfield focused ourselves earlier on in drafts till we got Daniher than I'd probably like too. But yeah if I were the Carlton list manager I would be absolutely drafting McKenzie with their first pick if he was still available because he fills their most obvious need while at the same time he'll probably be the best KPP available at their pick.

Is it that inconceivable that Cockatoo could end up being a top 10 pick?
Doubt it, he's missed too much footy through injury. If he had a larger a body of work the last year or so he probably would go top 10 though.

On the cat B rookie list? I had the feeling that if you had 2 cat b irish rookies then you lose a regular rookie spot
Yes, Byrne and Sheehan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back