Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get a guy who not only cant kick but cant run and if you knew anything slightly about him would know hed be the last to leave.

Has the turning circle of a truck. There is a good reason WC fans get the you know what's with him, however they don't have anyone better. We do- Myers for one and Watson.

Dude you tipped freo to finish bottom 4 in 2012 when they went on to beat Geelong at Skilled stadium in an elimination final and miss out on a prelim by 2 kicks. You continue to show you have little to no football knowledge but think you do.
Yep, I was wrong. I admit it when I do. The fact that you're bringing up something completely irrelevant to the point shows that I've won.
Yes lets get a bloke that can't kick. I'm sorry I would rather have Myers, Aylett etc in that role
Aylett has played 2 games and all of a sudden you want him ahead of Priddis? Oh my god.
Lets get a guy who not only cant kick but cant run and if you knew anything slightly about him would know hed be the last to leave.
Wow, and you say I'm the one not watching Priddis? Bloody hell, he's actually got one of the best tanks at West Coast. You're just embarrassing yourself now.

Yep, I was wrong. I admit it when I do. The fact that you're bringing up something completely irrelevant to the point shows that I've won.

Aylett has played 2 games and all of a sudden you want him ahead of Priddis? Oh my god.

Wow, and you say I'm the one not watching Priddis? Bloody hell, he's actually got one of the best tanks at West Coast. You're just embarrassing yourself now.
Yep you won (Rolls eyes) - for some reason my emoticons are lost

Lol nice try. You know exactly what I meant as I mentioned it only the post earlier in your reply, but keep trying.

I ask you this ethdog where would he play at full strength in our side! Jobe is better in his role! He is hopeless on the outside and then we have paid premium for depth
Ha this poster is making more sense than you eth-dog.

Heppell would have to play off a back flank again.

Priddis, Hocking and Watsin onball. Goddard forward. Stanton/Zacka wings. Heppell half back. Myers, Melksham, Kavanagh, Howlett may aswell find new homes with the little opportunitynwe offer them with horrible list management ideas like this.

Yep you won (Rolls eyes) - for some reason my emoticons are lost

Lol nice try. You know exactly what I meant as I mentioned it only the post earlier in your reply, but keep trying.
So basically, I argue a point, you say I know nothing about football, then don't provide any reason why I'm wrong?
I ask you this ethdog where would he play at full strength in our side! Jobe is better in his role! He is hopeless on the outside and then we have paid premium for depth
In the midfield rotations. Our inside midfield stocks are pretty poor
Ha this poster is making more sense than you eth-dog.

Heppell would have to play off a back flank again.

Priddis, Hocking and Watsin onball. Goddard forward. Stanton/Zacka wings. Heppell half back. Myers, Melksham, Kavanagh, Howlett may aswell find new homes with the little opportunitynwe offer them with horrible list management ideas like this.
Heppell, Goddard, Stanton, Watson, Howlett, Myers, Melksham, Zaharakis, Hocking, Merrett's, Priddis as part of a midfield rotation sounds good to me. Wait, no, players can ONLY play in 1 position.

You don't pick 3 inside mids in a best 22. Not sure what you don't get? Watson is better so he is the starting rover. That is Priddis' only position. Midfield rotations is such a cop out! You don't pay a top 15 pick for midfield rotations that is pure la la land.

Then you have Myers, Aylett, Kav. They are all inside, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Zerrett will be inside/outside too

You don't pick 3 inside mids in a best 22. Not sure what you don't get? Watson is better so he is the starting rover. That is Priddis' only position. Midfield rotations is such a cop out! You don't pay a top 15 pick for midfield rotations that is pure la la land.

Then you have Myers, Aylett, Kav. They are all inside, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Zerrett will be inside/outside too
Tell that to Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong and Freo.

Tell that to Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong and Freo.

Yet Sydney have been better after they punted a slow inside mid in O'Keefe. They don't have 3 anyway and all of their insides barring Kennedy can play outside or forward

Yet Sydney have been better after they punted a slow inside mid in O'Keefe. They don't have 3 anyway and all of their insides barring Kennedy can play outside or forward
They have Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Jack, Bird, McGlynn and McVeigh averaging 8 or more CP's/game. We have Heppell, Watson and Myers. Inside is one of our biggest weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priddis is a very good player but not someone we need.

We need two way runners which is what sets apart the inside stocks of Sydney and Freo and basically everyone else.

We need two way runners which is what sets apart the inside stocks of Sydney and Freo and basically everyone else.

Exactly at no stage have I said he is bad. I have just said we would be overpaying. He isn't someone we need. Now a Gaff or Shuey type is more of an area we could improve.

They have Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Jack, Bird, McGlynn and McVeigh averaging 8 or more CP's/game. We have Heppell, Watson and Myers. Inside is one of our biggest weaknesses.

Hannebery, Jack and McVeigh would run harder for longer than every single player we could put on a field in 2014 (we're currently developing three or four of our own). They've set the standard for work rate.

Adding more inside plodders to the midfield no matter how good they are on the inside still only addresses half of the problem if we're going to compare ourselves to Sydney.

Last edited:
A Gaff or Shuey type? That's not what we need. Our outside midfield is fantastic with Stanton, Zaharakis, Goddard, Colyer. We've got the runners. We need another inside midfielder to give it to them. These are the cold hard facts:

We rank 13th in average CP's, 10th in average Clearances, 8th in average tackles and 9th in CP differential. We're 1st in average UP, DE and 15th in clangers. Now tell me, what would you prefer, a surplus outside mid or a needed inside mid?

eth-dog might understand soon enough once every person tells him hes wrong.

Im just waiting.

I struggle to understand what part some people (one) have missed since we have become a better side its seemed to coincide with Colyer getting games, Winderlich going behind the pill and Zerrett getting full games aswell as Zacka returning to form. Whilst our brownlow medalist and big inside midfielder missed along with another used in similar roles in Goddard. Its hard for me to understand how ppl dont see that

A Gaff or Shuey type? That's not what we need. Our outside midfield is fantastic with Stanton, Zaharakis, Goddard, Colyer. We've got the runners. We need another inside midfielder to give it to them. These are the cold hard facts:

We rank 13th in average CP's, 10th in average Clearances, 8th in average tackles and 9th in CP differential. We're 1st in average UP, DE and 15th in clangers. Now tell me, what would you prefer, a surplus outside mid or a needed inside mid?

Not one of those "outside" players works hard defensively. Stanton and Colyer and "fantastic" in the once sentence does not sit well with me either.

The numbers are also distorted by the way we have been playing especially in the first half of the year. There was a lot of chipping the ball and high possession counts and little in the way of contested possession battles of attrition.

eth-dog might understand soon enough once every person tells him hes wrong.

Im just waiting.

I struggle to understand what part some people (one) have missed since we have become a better side its seemed to coincide with Colyer getting games, Winderlich going behind the pill and Zerrett getting full games aswell as Zacka returning to form. Whilst our brownlow medalist and big inside midfielder missed along with another used in similar roles in Goddard. Its hard for me to understand how ppl dont see that
I'm struggling to see how an inside midfielder, isn't what we need when we're at best an average inside midfield, and a top line outside side.

I'm struggling to see how an inside midfielder, isn't what we need when we're at best an average inside midfield, and a top line outside side.
Essendon are 8th in the league for overall clearances this season, so yes based purely on that stat alone we are middle of the pack. Not really sure how else you can measure 'inside' midfield performance.

I'm half with you and half against. It's the type of inside player that I've got a problem with as I'm of the view that we can't continue to load up with slow midfielders because the game isn't played like it was when Geelong was dominant.

The game has moved on slightly and work rate is more important than simply winning the ball and there is a lot to be said about the ability of slow players to win the ball at centre clearances where there is more space anyway (which tends to be a point of weakness).

I don't know if I'm just being unrealistic but if we're talking about Scott Selwood (who rightly or wrongly is someone I consider to be far from a star) I'd be at the table asking for an opening price.

Should we just delete the thread then?

I cant see the club parting ways either with pick 19, however if something is too good to be true then it will be used you would think albeit on a younger type of player.

Id hate to see us push for a dominant top 4 position next year. Lose a Carlisle or Hurley or Hooker or Ryder and have guys like Gregory, Steinberg and Pears as our depth, wed do all that work for nothing. All thoe forwards named suit our needs and are much better than Pears.

So would i but i am looking at it in real terms, lots of talk but 90% unrealistic. Of course if someone offers a good deal you look at it.
have simply stated my opinion that it is unlikely we we do a lot this year other than be a fringe player in trading and FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back