Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This list is NOT top 4 material. The midfield lacks far too much class, if you have any doubts you only need to watch week one of the finals. Time and again we have talked about a warchest and preparing for free agency; knowing we couldn't rebuild through compromised drafts alone and time and again they have come up bust. The club is happy to hand the hat around to the members and ask the players to take unders but haven't held up their end of the bargain. Waiting to next year isn't really an option as we are wasting the prime years of 3 dual All Australian players, they are keen for the club to do something to improve the list, I imagine if the club sells them a lemon this year they'll look at going next year.

So you don't think nth have run rings around us? Both on the field and at the trade table ?

On field they have outperformed us. But they were also a long ahead of us.

At the trade table nope. They got Waite, Dal Santo and Higgins who worked out well, we got Chaplin, Houli, Grigg and Maric who've helped us.

But they are gunning for a premiership right now which they will not get. We are probably just about to come into our chance to win it.

On field they have outperformed us. But they were also a long ahead of us.

At the trade table nope. They got Waite, Dal Santo and Higgins who worked out well, we got Chaplin, Houli, Grigg and Maric who've helped us.

But they are gunning for a premiership right now which they will not get. We are probably just about to come into our chance to win it.
agree, its premiership or bust for norf in the next 1-2 years. they took on all these older players at the expense of the young guys

What would people think of trading our #12 for Tomlinson,Townsend & Plowman

Surely that has to be better than some kid we will take at #12

Tomlinson is already a quality player
Plowman #3 in his draft and 193cm has midfield potential

Would Certainly improve our Depth and list profile as well as having ready to go top end talent

Would Certainly improve our Depth and list profile as well as having ready to go top end talent

Would do

This list is NOT top 4 material. The midfield lacks far too much class, if you have any doubts you only need to watch week one of the finals. Time and again we have talked about a warchest and preparing for free agency; knowing we couldn't rebuild through compromised drafts alone and time and again they have come up bust. The club is happy to hand the hat around to the members and ask the players to take unders but haven't held up their end of the bargain. Waiting to next year isn't really an option as we are wasting the prime years of 3 dual All Australian players, they are keen for the club to do something to improve the list, I imagine if the club sells them a lemon this year they'll look at going next year.

If those who didn't perform in the EF/ EFs were to bleat that we hadn't secured a star to make their job easier, that would be an indictment on them, not the recruiters.

I'd love us to get a star, but I won't cop the group who pantsed Freo, overran the Swans and blitzed the "unbeatable" Hawks saying that they can't compete absent another big name. They are in the dock, first and foremost

We should be demanding changes . Our football department has continually underperformed why aren't they being held accountable ? Where is this war chest . Where is this brutal analysis of the list that Benny talked about? What is our next 5 year plan ? We lack ambition , we lack accountability and we lack the ability to deliver a grade talent . We the fans have done our job . 70k members , the number 1 in th league for crowds , why can't we insist on the footy dep doing their job ?
How did we go over the past 30yrs when the club jumped at shadows?

No probs you visiting, but I don't think you're adding to this board now. Becoming repetitive & it just drags the quality of the debate down.

If you could have a spell, it'd be appreciated. Cheers

Might be for the best a few blokes in here are intent on letting off some steam. Probably not the time to be jumping in as an opposition supporter especially from a team that has trumped us in trade negotiations.

It's a shock that he wasn't signed up.

Consistently in the best every week for Peel. He's a big unit, same height as Fyfe but more muscular upper body. Also has a great fitness base.

He is a contested beast, very good on the inside and has the strength to break out of the pack. His knock is his disposal by foot, but everyone of our Peel watchers has said his kicking has improved this year.

I think his best role is similar to Priddis'. Extract the ball and dish it off to the better users of the football.

I think the reason he was delisted was because we have to many inside mids in front of him (Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, Barlow) and we also have Blakely coming up through the magoos.

I posted this in your other trade thread. Just an update.

Ballard won the 2015 Tuckey Medal - Peel's Best and Fairest award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a saying but true about the midfield engine room and ours is lacking when it counts. I think we luck out with good defence but seriously at times our midfield gives them too much work to do. Likewise going forward. We really do need to tighten this area up.

If those who didn't perform in the EF/ EFs were to bleat that we hadn't secured a star to make their job easier, that would be an indictment on them, not the recruiters.

I'd love us to get a star, but I won't cop the group who pantsed Freo, overran the Swans and blitzed the "unbeatable" Hawks saying that they can't compete absent another big name. They are in the dock, first and foremost
We lack up front and in the middle, clear as day. It's also the team that lost to Melbourne, Adelaide and the dogs and barely gave yelp. I'd have most of last years top 8 midfields ahead of ours, we have too many holes.

No chance GWS do that.

They had better picks than us last year lost greenwood got pick 25 and added Waite and Higgins for free while we added hunt . As a result they have played in 2 prelims and we have failed to win a final in three years

Those of the Tigers faithful laughing at nth should laugh at themselves and at us RICHMOND in particular . They have brought in free agents without compromising their future by bringing in just as many youngsters as we do and still outperforming us in the now .

Nth and a heap of other clubs are running rings around us . Yet some n here are happy with how it is going and making excuses for those in charge . It's a joke
Wow, North are so fantastic I must've missed their multiple GF appearances of the last few years.

Collingwood traded out some of their best players off multiple lines in order to inject youth, and there is plenty of high quality there that is still yet to reach their level. Yeah they've gone backwards, but they made the decision to do so for long term gain.

We started from scratch so didn't have the option of trading out older guns to pickup extra draft picks which is why the rebuild has been sloooooow. Add to that the gws and gc draft pillage and we're massively begins the 8 ball. This is why it is so important to bring in experience, because we need to accelerate the progress so we can take advantage of our stars before they are over the hill.

Rummaging through bins and low balling has got us to a decent starting point but waiting until someone accepts a minimal offer at thetrade table will guarantee that guys like lids, Maric, and even Cotchin won't achieve what we are all hoping for.
Are they really that good or do people think they are good because they get talked up by the media unlike the tiger youngsters.

It's a saying but true about the midfield engine room and ours is lacking when it counts. I think we luck out with good defence but seriously at times our midfield gives them too much work to do. Likewise going forward. We really do need to tighten this area up.
Yeah, I think our mix is all wrong, too small and too slow over the ball and too slow on the wings. We have very little marking power around the ground and very little grunt.

No chance GWS do that.
They are talking about trading sumner,plowman & lamb for #20 to carlton

Tomlinson is moveable and his rated at a mid to late 1st rounder plowman would be the steak knives that gets them #12

I think its possible Tomlinson/Plowman both are quality players and would definately improve both our depth and list

Townsend is just a token pick exchange thing so no issue there

GWS would jump at it i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back