Trade hypotheticals (2015 version)

Remove this Banner Ad

2014- 259 disposals. 110 marks. 51 tackles. 26 goals 23 behinds. His goal kicking deserted him for sure. But that's not terrible numbers for as you say a 'third tall'.

His numbers in 2015= terrible and at any level. IMO.
10.2 disposals, 4.4 marks, 2.0 tackles, 1.0 goals per game. Gunston, Darling, Wingard, Crameri, Goodes and Stringer were players in similar roles who were more effective last season. For a side that finished top 4, those numbers are terrible. Most had his season as a 3/10 at best.

10.2 disposals, 4.4 marks, 2.0 tackles, 1.0 goals per game. Gunston, Darling, Wingard, Crameri, Goodes and Stringer were players in similar roles who were more effective last season. For a side that finished top 4, those numbers are terrible. Most had his season as a 3/10 at best.

I never said his season was awesome or he was better than player 'x' I just have a differing view than you on 'terrible'.
We could name plenty of players who haven't gone any better.
I actually am not his greatest fan, but I'll stick up for him when I believe people are being a little harsh.

Black had a pretty bad shoulder injury last year, didn't want to lose his spot so kept playing with it, rather than getting the surgery. Now had the surgery but i understand he hasnt got full confidence back in it yet. Mentally that would be pretty rough, IMO.

If he can pull through that, then I think he still has a future, if i was North i would be keeping him at least for one more year. Worth much more to them than anyone else anyway.

Hogan isn't that great he's yet to kick 7 goals in a game like Jonathan Brown did in he's second year
Jonathan Brown played 13 games in his first year. Hogan played zero. And it took JB until his 19th game to kick the seven. Hogan's played ten. Give him time ;)

Hogan isn't that great he's yet to kick 7 goals in a game like Jonathan Brown did in he's second year
wasn't bashing aish and don't know why you brought hogan into this, but IMO aish is just a sloppy footballer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could get Patton for much less.
Hogan looks to be the only pick Melbourne have nailed in years. Add to the fact to reach their cap they will need to pay big bucks to someone.
Brayshaw. Dean Kent. Dom Tyson trade. We're getting better.

Ok, another one to take serious roos fans. We will need to eventually replace Waite / Petrie and there is clouded future over if Daw will ever make it as an AFL footballer (I think no). Instead of going to the draft and waiting years for development. Would Hawthorn be interested in the following (and dont scoff at the trade, hes been there for 6 years (this november) and only played 3 games. He cant break into senior side (playing great in VFL) just too many ahead and only on rookie list. Drafted in 2009 and delisted re-rookied this year. He's only worth what someone is willing to offer.

Hawthorn receive Pick 65-80
North receives Sam Grimley

Developed. Tall. (199cm) Strong. (91kg) Capable. Hard working. Great VFL Form. (21 goals, in 8 games 2015) 24 years old. Can pinch hit in ruck if needed.

IMG_1360.PNG

Ok, another one to take serious roos fans. We will need to eventually replace Waite / Petrie and there is clouded future over if Daw will ever make it as an AFL footballer (I think no). Instead of going to the draft and waiting years for development. Would Hawthorn be interested in the following (and dont scoff at the trade, hes been there for 6 years (this november) and only played 3 games. He cant break into senior side (playing great in VFL) just too many ahead and only on rookie list. Drafted in 2009 and delisted re-rookied this year. He's only worth what someone is willing to offer.

Hawthorn receive Pick 65-80
North receives Sam Grimley

Developed. Tall. (199cm) Strong. (91kg) Capable. Hard working. Great VFL Form. (21 goals, in 8 games 2015) 24 years old. Can pinch hit in ruck if needed.

View attachment 146385
Bad trade for you guys. He ain't great.

What else will pick 80 get us? I reckon it'd be worth the punt. Bypass all the development needed (3 pre seasons) turning drafted big men into good players.

What else will pick 80 get us? I reckon it'd be worth the punt. Bypass all the development needed (3 pre seasons) turning drafted big men into good players.
Take a punt on an unknown quantity, not one you know won't work. Go and find another Podsiadly. I've watched Grimley a lot; massive delist material this year.

The next Michael Barlow, etc. Find a hidden gem, don't do what Essendon has done and recycled every old bloke just for the sake of it.

I think you will be able to get him as a delisted free agent at the end of the year anyway. Players don't get rookie listed mid contract because they are playing great footy, keeping him rookie listed just moves his contract year to the following year and saves the salary cap hit of delisting him straight away.

It's a brutal industry.

Good insights. Thanks guys. I guess VFL stats alone can be misleading in a number of ways when you factor in club management, contract timing, salary cap factors, game time, etc.

A stab at how the trades that seem to be staring us in the face atm will play out:

Danger to Geelong as Free Agent
Selwood to Geelong as Free Agent
Schultz to Brisbane as Free Agent(is he?)..if not free agent then for a mid range pick

Motlop to Richmond for 1st Round pick (10 to 14 after academy picks are inserted on draft night)
Henderson to Geelong for 1st Round pick (10 to 14)
Carlisle to Footscray for 1st Round pick (10 to 14)
Aish to Collingwood for 1st Round pick (12 to 15)

Trades that "could" happen:

Treloar to Carlton for 1st round pick (1 to 3)
Treloar to Collingwood for 1st Round (12 to 15) and J.Witts (if this can be done it will take pref to the Aish trade)
Coniglio to West Coast for 1st Round pick (14 to 18)

All these players remain uncontracted and that spells GOING...in most cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back