Trade hypotheticals (2015 version)

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is, in Carlton's instance, our first rounder for Aish this year would be massive overs.. Only a second rounder and a fringe player like Watson is whom I'd be prepared to give up on a player I am actually not that keen on.

I feel for Brisbane, I honestly believe the first contract for all draftees should be 3 years, not 2.

Carlton need much more than one high draft pick. They would be better off trading their first round for multiple picks and possibly using one of these on Aish. Carlton have already gone the pick 1 route and wound up with Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer (what a cringworthy list for pick 1s). They really should go the scatter gun approach to improve their chances.

Carlton need much more than one high draft pick. They would be better off trading their first round for multiple picks and possibly using one of these on Aish. Carlton have already gone the pick 1 route and wound up with Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer (what a cringworthy list for pick 1s). They really should go the scatter gun approach to improve their chances.

We're not going to get pick 1, way its going, we'll end up with pick 4 or 5.

Also those 3 number 1 picks you listed aren't exactly no 1 duds like Clive Waterhouse, Drew Banfield or Jack Watts ..

We're not going to get pick 1, way its going, we'll end up with pick 4 or 5.

Also those 3 number 1 picks you listed aren't exactly no 1 duds like Clive Waterhouse, Drew Banfield or Jack Watts ..

They're not duds at all but they're not worth winning a spoon, having a dreadful season and putting all your hopes onto those players. Carlton should trade in their first round for 2 first round picks and really have a go at the draft. Everyone wants to have the highest pick possible but history shows that the whole first round is a gamble as they haven't physically matured.

Aish = talented player , has question marks over application and desire , few injuries over the season , hasn't shown any progress over this season.

I would not expect a similar return on what bris paid for him. There is more question marks over him now then there was as a draftee.

Still would be a bargain for a team who thinks that maybe he can stay fit , change his attitude , and build on his form.

No team outside the 8 is going to part with their first round pick for him when they would probably consider him closer in value to their early 2nd rounder. A team like that may push for that rather than a first round pick. Bris would hope he chooses a team in the eight , whose 2nd round pick is quite late , and his value is worth closer to their first , but even Collingwood may be hesitant to part with their first im not sure.

It all depends on who he chooses , but you imagine bris would be pretty steadfast about it being a top 25 pick. If they can may be able to sway two mid picks ie , rather than one high pick , and for the first time that has value to a team bidding on a player or players.

Think it was hypotheticals rather than direct fantasy. Don't know why you are so riled up. He's a good player - could be great. He may, not should as I think you will likely get off, but may end up on the pine for up to 2 years. You have to factor that in to value if you are Essendon or any club. Reverse the scenario: if you felt you were a decent chance to get done by CAS (rightly or wrongly) do you think a 1st rounder or so would be fair compo for both clubs? I do. You are entitled to put your own value on it.

There will no discount because of CAS - Clubs will only trade for a player if they are confident player will be available in 2016 - Finally if players are found guilty there will be no 2 year penalties - Two years is the maximum and once you factor in discounts,players having already served provisional suspensions of over 4 months, and players likely to do the same in the off-season.

Contracted but struggling to get a game despite playing very well in the seconds. Word on the street is that he doesn't have the fitness to play pure mid at an AFL level.

Or height

2nd or 3rd round pick for Trent McKenzie?
We (North) could always use good ball users and two of our best in Wells and Dal Santo aren't getting any younger

Don't mind this idea. He's being wasted as a lock down type up there right now and Eade clearly doesn't value him over muchly, having dropped him after Round 1, so a second or third is probably about right. He would be great for us on a wing or half back. Someone email Bryce Lewis, we're on a winner here.

North fans suggesting we could get a first round pick for Black - even a late first rounder - need a reality check. As a general rule, you are never going to get a first round pick for a player who is stuck in the twos. We'd be looking at a second rounder more than likely and yes, that's probably less than what Black is worth, but it's not about what a player is worth, it's about what you can get for them.

The reality is we won't trade Black unless he asks for it. And if he asks for it, we will pretty much have to take what we can get.

There will no discount because of CAS - Clubs will only trade for a player if they are confident player will be available in 2016 - Finally if players are found guilty there will be no 2 year penalties - Two years is the maximum and once you factor in discounts,players having already served provisional suspensions of over 4 months, and players likely to do the same in the off-season.
Lol they've played since provisional suspensions so they wont count.
Also pretty sure there wont be any discounts as the players have offered 0 support to the investigation.

These players trade value is less - you have to come to terms with this.

Lol they've played since provisional suspensions so they wont count.
Also pretty sure there wont be any discounts as the players have offered 0 support to the investigation.

These players trade value is less - you have to come to terms with this.

Mate

I have suggested that no clubs should look at trading in players from Essendon - Who as a list manager would trade in a player who will CERTAINLY get a two year ban from WADA - Reckon the list managers need to seek your counsel.

Mate

I have suggested that no clubs should look at trading in players from Essendon - Who as a list manager would trade in a player who will CERTAINLY get a two year ban from WADA - Reckon the list managers need to seek your counsel.

Agreed ,
Could make Carlisle via the PSD possible ?
No trade outlay , so if he cops a ban you can just treat it as a LTI .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad McKenzie for Trent McKenzie? Prob need to chuck in a 3rd rounder?
Yeah, something like that. Don't see North's need for someone like McKenzie though tbh.

Adelaide get: Aish
Adelaide lose: First pick

Brisbane get: Talia, Adelaide's first round pick
Brisbane lose: Aish, second round pick

Bulldogs get: Brisbane's second round pick
Bulldogs lose: Talia

Thoughts?

Adelaide get: Aish
Adelaide lose: First pick

Brisbane get: Talia, Adelaide's first round pick
Brisbane lose: Aish, second round pick

Bulldogs get: Brisbane's second round pick
Bulldogs lose: Talia

Thoughts?
Seems fair to me but might be overs for Talia. Perhaps a swap of 3rd rounders as well?

Motlop is an interesting one, wouldn't give up our first pick for him tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back