Trade hypotheticals (2015 version)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd agree that on his day, Ryder is a great ruckman, contributes around the grounds / roves, and can snag 2 or 3 goals. I've never bought into the hype that he is a CHB or a perma forward though and there is a gulf between his best and worst though, and we see more of the latter.
Talent only gets you so far.

Let me add to that - he is much more suited to the first ruck role.

Port should look at trading Lobbe imo

Paddy Ryder landed pick 17 and 37. On talent he's arguably the best ruck in the league. He was in the top 5 rucks last season.

Witts is borderline 22. The only reason he gets a high second round pick instead of a high 3rd round is because he's a ruckman.

There is no way Witts would land more than Ryder.

So you have Witts a 3rd round pick and questioning if Yarran would be worth P35. Then you have Ryder, a mature ruck who can't get a game as the primary ruck in his current team as 'arguably' the best ruck in the league:eek: (I sincerely doubt that even Ryder's closest family and friends would make this claim).

The most difficult thing to work out from this is whether your real name is Adrian, you are a very poor troll or a genuine but a somewhat 'special needs' (in footy terms) Ess supporter who continually underrates opposition players and overrates anyone to wear the Bombers colours.

Pies should prob trade Witts to get some draft value for Trelor, but the people who need a ruck the most (swans) dont have anything to trade, and eddie wont accept unders (nor should he really). As several VIC clubs in a better position to trade for him than pies I would be suprised if he went there on anything like 1st + Witts. I am thinking 2 picks <20 or Freeman/Sharenberg + first.

Can see a caddy situation happening where manager says DONS (pies in this case) and then reality tigers like cats in Caddy (for example) have more to offer etc and he goes there. Who knows maybe pies will offer the most, this is just what i see happening

So you have Witts a 3rd round pick and questioning if Yarran would be worth P35. Then you have Ryder, a mature ruck who can't get a game as the primary ruck in his current team as 'arguably' the best ruck in the league:eek: (I sincerely doubt that even Ryder's closest family and friends would make this claim).

The most difficult thing to work out from this is whether your real name is Adrian, you are a very poor troll or a genuine but a somewhat 'special needs' (in footy terms) Ess supporter who continually underrates opposition players and overrates anyone to wear the Bombers colours.
Fringe players generally get early 3rd round picks. Mitch Hallahan got a pick in the 40's IIRC. Ruckmen/KPP's get higher because they're worth more, so hence early 2nd round. And I said on talent. Do you comprehend the difference? No?

I'm definitely not the one with special needs.

Fringe players generally get early 3rd round picks. Mitch Hallahan got a pick in the 40's IIRC. Ruckmen/KPP's get higher because they're worth more, so hence early 2nd round. And I said on talent. Do you comprehend the difference? No?

I'm definitely not the one with special needs.

Keep on punching Scottie, can't wait for the next instalment

Keep on punching Scottie, can't wait for the next instalment
You can't rebut the point, so is this admitting defeat? I think it is.

Wow Collingwood supporters need to stop selling witts for quality players, he is a very average ruck, nobody is stupid enough to give quality for a dud ruckman who is a liability around the ground.

If you want a treloar type player then give up someone like a Sharenberg freeman or Ben Reid.

Nobody wants fringe reserve players for elite young talent. Just simply crazy talk
Would happily give Freeman and our first rounder for Treloar. From our perspective Witts is much more valuable than Freeman
Beams is worth 2 first rounders, did we get that? How are people still forgetting that the club wont be fully compensated if the player insists of going home. In hindsight the deal is in our favour, but at that point of time Crisp was a noone.

Would happily give Freeman and our first rounder for Treloar. From our perspective Witts is much more valuable than Freeman
Beams is worth 2 first rounders, did we get that? How are people still forgetting that the club wont be fully compensated if the player insists of going home. In hindsight the deal is in our favour, but at that point of time Crisp was a noone.

Because moving to a town like Melbourne, with a plethora of clubs to choose between, the situation is different. I doubt very much he'll nominate any one club to go to.

Because moving to a town like Melbourne, with a plethora of clubs to choose between, the situation is different. I doubt very much he'll nominate any one club to go to.
If he doesn't care about the welfare of his club like Beams(Could've left Gold Coast as an option. Claims to only be moving to get close to his father, so Gold Coast should've been fine as well), then I can see him choosing a club. It also shows dedication to whoever is planning to recruit him. Most above players if not all chooses a club to be traded to nowadays.

Pies should prob trade Witts to get some draft value for Trelor, but the people who need a ruck the most (swans) dont have anything to trade, and eddie wont accept unders (nor should he really). As several VIC clubs in a better position to trade for him than pies I would be suprised if he went there on anything like 1st + Witts. I am thinking 2 picks <20 or Freeman/Sharenberg + first.

Can see a caddy situation happening where manager says DONS (pies in this case) and then reality tigers like cats in Caddy (for example) have more to offer etc and he goes there. Who knows maybe pies will offer the most, this is just what i see happening
Dont mind our first rounder (10?) plus Witts for Essendon's pick 5. We grab a KPF to compliment Moore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont mind our first rounder (10?) plus Witts for Essendon's pick 5. We grab a KPF to compliment Moore

With 10 you'll probably get one of McKay or Burton or one of Weideman or Curnow, however not as likely as the first two. Fair trade suggestion though.

Probably not worth it from our perspective. We need KPP's too.

From Essendon's perspective it's:
Curnow or Weideman vs Witts and McKay or Burton,

Given there's a clear top 4 (excluding academy players) in this draft, there's not a lot of difference between pick 5 and 10. Essendon would be made to refuse a deal like that.

Just to put it in perspective, since Hird's replaced Knights we've taken as underagers:

1x medium forward (Langford)
4x HF/mid (Laverde, Fantasia, Z Merrett, J Merrett)
2x small forward (Long, McKenna)
1x key forward (Daniher)
3x HB/mid (Ashby, Gleeson, Dalgleish, Browne)
4x inside mid (Hams, Kavanagh, O'Brien, Heppell, Davis (delisted))
1x key defender (Steinberg)

If you give us a fair deal why would he?
We need a way to satisfy GWS for Treloar, and Witts+our first rounder is overs for him

It is not. At all. GWS have Mumford who is a sole ruck, as well as a number of project ruckman who are a couple of years off - similar to Witts.

Treloar is one of the best young mids in the game, he is not going for pick 12 + a back-up ruckman.

Just to put it in perspective, since Hird's replaced Knights we've taken as underagers:

1x medium forward (Langford)
4x HF/mid (Laverde, Fantasia, Z Merrett, J Merrett)
2x small forward (Long, McKenna)
1x key forward (Daniher)
3x HB/mid (Ashby, Gleeson, Dalgleish, Browne)
4x inside mid (Hams, Kavanagh, O'Brien, Heppell, Davis (delisted))
1x key defender (Steinberg)

Yuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back