Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Giants consider Birchall and our first for 4?

Unlike others I wouldn't reject it out of hand.

Walker is 28. He's not good enough to be worth a lot at that age.
I'm actually shocked he's under 30. He seems like he's been around for so much longer while only showing sporadic examples of his talent until the last year or two.

Also - I know Griffin (Fremantle) is always 'on the table' in these threads, but surely Port won't go into 2015 with just Lobbe + Redden as rucks? Don't want to risk playing Trengrove/Westhoff as rucks for a season..Griffin a possibility?

Big possibility IMO. He isn't getting a game at Freo and would be eslewhere. He'll be keen to leave and anyone who wants him will get him for unders.

Birchall and Nick Haynes on the back flanks together would be unreal. Then throw in Heath Shaw too.

Brandon Jack at the swans could be trade bait. What would you give for him?

Doubt he will be traded you will need him going forward. That said most clubs would be interested but would be the steaknives/pick upgrade type.

Doubt he will be traded you will need him going forward. That said most clubs would be interested but would be the steaknives/pick upgrade type.

They are just rumours but apparently he is surplus to our needs and he feels he is in his brothers shadow and wants to forge a career on his own. Take that with a grain of salt.

I could see clubs like the dogs and eagles making a play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are just rumours but apparently he is surplus to our needs and he feels he is in his brothers shadow and wants to forge a career on his own. Take that with a grain of salt.

I could see clubs like the dogs and eagles making a play.

Essendon would have a look too, one thing we lack is a genuine crumber we have enough tales, we are playing mid forwards as crumbers. The only question I have with Brandon Jack is.....can he play mid at AFL level. I'm hesitant to waste a list spot on a pure stay at home small forward.

Essendon would have a look too, one thing we lack is a genuine crumber we have enough tales, we are playing mid forwards as crumbers. The only question I have with Brandon Jack is.....can he play mid at AFL level. I'm hesitant to waste a list spot on a pure stay at home small forward.

He has spent a lot more time outside of the packs in the reserves using his pace and cutting teams up. Although he is doing that well he may need more time to play out a full game running through the middle. He is still very young only 19.

He has spent a lot more time outside of the packs in the reserves using his pace and cutting teams up. Although he is doing that well he may need more time to play out a full game running through the middle. He is still very young only 19.

True but without any disrespect meant, I could play midfield in the NEAFL. I'd like to see him do it, even for a few minutes here and there at AFL level. It would be a risk at any more than a flat 4th rounder.

True but without any disrespect meant, I could play midfield in the NEAFL. I'd like to see him do it, even for a few minutes here and there at AFL level. It would be a risk at any more than a flat 4th rounder.

For me i would rather keep jack. Dean Towers is quite similar though he is a little older and a lot taller. He also could be shopped around in trade week.

For me i would rather keep jack. Dean Towers is quite similar though he is a little older and a lot taller. He also could be shopped around in trade week.

The one I am interested in in Marsh from the Swans, would he even be available?

I would say so. Will probably be delisted. He is very far down our pecking order. You guys could pick him up for next to nothing.

See now that is someone I'd be interested, even for a late 5th rounder or something, useless for you guys I know, but I can see him getting games for us.

Also there was a meeting with the topic of conversation of a mid year draft and trade period. Its looking like it could be implemented in 2016.
I think there should be a loan system in place like there is in soccer. With a view to buy the player at the end of the loan agreement. It would be a great idea for clubs that get hit hard with injuries in a certain area. Collingwood would be a prime example.

Don't see Petracca falling to 4.

Hawks I'm sure can sweeten the deal

Brayshaw is EXACTLY the midfielder the hawks need.

Which is why GWS will be looking to upgrade pick 4 to pick 1-3. They can afford to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back