Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton, Melbourne, GWS and Saints fans...

Pick 1 to GWS for Pick 4, Jaksch, O'Rourke
Jaksch to Carlton for pick 25
O'Rourke to Melbourne for pick 22

Saints end up with pick 4, 22, 25
GWS pick 1

It's the only way I see GWS being happy with a trade for the two because they are not interested in 2nd round picks but unfortunately that's all they are worth. GWS have apparently already contacted the Saints about getting pick one. Saints are keen to get more picks in the top 25. Blues are keen on Jaksch, O'Rourke may fit in at Melbourne.

The only other way I see GWS fans happy with a deal with the pair is if they pair them up and get a mid first round pick.

No thanks.

What are you hoping to get for these two individually then? I can't see any GWS fan being happy with a trade for either of them.

I'm not a fan of chasing the number 1 pick, would rather use 4 to go further down the draft and try and get a reliable defender with 50+ game already in them. If Carlton are that keen on Jaksch then they need to entertain us because they wont get him in the PSD. Would be disappointed if Melb tried to screw us over on JOR (if he is going) considering last years deal for Tyson, which was very fair for both clubs.

I'm not a fan of chasing the number 1 pick, would rather use 4 to go further down the draft and try and get a reliable defender with 50+ game already in them. If Carlton are that keen on Jaksch then they need to entertain us because they wont get him in the PSD. Would be disappointed if Melb tried to screw us over on JOR (if he is going) considering last years deal for Tyson, which was very fair for both clubs.

That's fair enough, but what would it take to get the deal done in your opinion. Are second round picks enough? Because I can't see them giving up their firsts for either.

If you can get another couple of second round picks that's good currency to trade in a reliable defender with 50+ games experience you would think?

would a swap of pick 2 and your pick 3/4 (depending on frawley) and melbournes second for JOR be enough. i think its a fair deal espicially if you end up with pick 4

Collingwood and GWS have reportedly struck a deal that'll see former 2011 top 10 draftee, Liam Sumner move to the Westpac Centre in 2015.

Sumner, who hasn't been able to break into the Giants' lineup has played just the one game this season, bringing his current career total to 11 games.

The former Sandringham Dragon has alerted the club of his intentions to move home to Victoria for 2015, with his preferred destination, Collingwood.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Isn't Sam Gray alright?
On our rookie list the 22 year old has played 7 games this year and kicked 6 goals. Behind Robbie Gray, Wingard, Monfries and Neade.

I'd be open to trading him for something that involves a pick upgrade.
Maybe..
Sam Gray, Picks 14 and 32 to Collingwood
Picks 10 and 28 to Port?

On our rookie list the 22 year old has played 7 games this year and kicked 6 goals. Behind Robbie Gray, Wingard, Monfries and Neade.

Maybe..
Picks 10 and 28 to Port?
Have to mention though that he kicked three of those in his first game - so in his last six he's kicked only three. You want more than that from somebody in his role at 22 years old with an excellent midfield behind him. Jason Tutt springs to mind as somebody that kicked three or more goals on debut but struggled to have an impact after that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gray, but you're overvaluing him a little. I don't think he'd get you two four-pick upgrades, especially one that puts you inside the top ten.

Have to mention though that he kicked three of those in his first game - so in his last six he's kicked only three. You want more than that from somebody in his role at 22 years old with an excellent midfield behind him. Jason Tutt springs to mind as somebody that kicked three or more goals on debut but struggled to have an impact after that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gray, but you're overvaluing him a little. I don't think he'd get you two four-pick upgrades, especially one that puts you inside the top ten.

How about if the 4 picks upgrade involved the 2nd and 3rd rounders?

Maybe..
Picks 10 and 28 to Port?

We can't trade our first rounder, it locked on Moore.

We can't trade our first rounder, it locked on Moore.
That's a lot closer. Would depend on how highly the Pies rated Gray but it could happen.

Ok scratch that..

Sam Gray, Picks 32 and 50 to Collingwood
Picks 28 and 46 to Port

I would rather keep him on the list as depth instead of giving him away for nothing though.
I doubt you would be happy with Gray and Pick 50 for Pick 28, So that's the best I can think of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok scratch that..

Sam Gray, Picks 32 and 50 to Collingwood
Picks 28 and 46 to Port

I would rather keep him on the list as depth instead of giving him away for nothing though.
I doubt you would be happy with Gray and Pick 50 for Pick 28, So that's the best I can think of.
If there is anything in the rumours that say Broomhead may want to head home (I have no idea how valid they are, just something I've seen around the place) you might be able to include Gray in that sort of trade as steak knives. Perhaps your second and Gray may get it done if Tim elects Port as his chosen side.

I think you're more likely to keep Gray around though.

If there is anything in the rumours that say Broomhead may want to head home (I have no idea how valid they are, just something I've seen around the place) you might be able to include Gray in that sort of trade as steak knives. Perhaps your second and Gray may get it done if Tim elects Port as his chosen side.

Collingwood are going to do everything to keep Broomhead.

I heard Broomhead will be staying at Collingwood.

James Polkinghorne offers? What Vic clubs would even be likely to take him?

Brisbane have had massive list turnover in the last 3 years:
Out: Brown, Moloney, McGrath, Black, Raines, Buchanan, Drummond (retired), Yeo, Polec, Docherty, Karnezis, Longer (traded), Banfield, Stiller, Hawksley, Sheldon (delisted)

You had rookies (think it was Bartlett, Mackeever, Newell and Wrigley?).

Then Polkinghorne is likely to go, Lisle too?

Big room for someone - Frawley? Beams? Bellchambers? T.Mitchell?

Polkinghorne would probably get a rookie spot at best. Can be a decent defensive forward but we've got no room for him with all the promising youngsters we have.

Lisle deserves one more year imo. Purely because he always plays better as the main target and played well when he actually got the chance to play as one. I was hoping he'd get one more chance.

We'd probably have the cap space to afford 3 of those players you just mentioned. Beams would have to be our #1 target. Mitchell would probably be looked at.

Can't imagine we'd look at Frawley. We've still got Clarke and Maguire who have both been in good form along with Gardiner and Patfull who can play taller. Along with Merrett and others that look promising types.

Bellchambers would be a good get if we didn't have Martin, Leuenberger and West.

Beams would pretty well complete our midfield though.

Polkinghorne would probably get a rookie spot at best. Can be a decent defensive forward but we've got no room for him with all the promising youngsters we have.

Lisle deserves one more year imo. Purely because he always plays better as the main target and played well when he actually got the chance to play as one. I was hoping he'd get one more chance.

We'd probably have the cap space to afford 3 of those players you just mentioned. Beams would have to be our #1 target. Mitchell would probably be looked at.

Can't imagine we'd look at Frawley. We've still got Clarke and Maguire who have both been in good form along with Gardiner and Patfull who can play taller. Along with Merrett and others that look promising types.

Bellchambers would be a good get if we didn't have Martin, Leuenberger and West.

Beams would pretty well complete our midfield though.

I do agree re: Bellchambers and Frawley - not sure spots for them, especially with a commitment to develop guys like Close and McStay over the next couple of years when you probably wouldn't be challenging anyway.

As for Lisle - I honestly haven't seen anything to suggest he'd be a better option than West, McStay, Staker, Merrett, Close up forward..

Can't imagine he'd look at you either.

Given he IS contracted for next year the article seems about as well researched as most on facebook, and that page.
Quoting any of the Facebook 'Off Season Trade/Rumour' pages as a source is about as reliable as quoting someone on BigFooty who 'is friends with a recruiter'. It's mostly just crap made up to get likes.

Given he IS contracted for next year the article seems about as well researched as most on facebook, and that page.

Well that bit is Wrong but there still could be a Trade.

How little he has been used, There be a Strong Chance he would want to come home.

Well as much as some posters on here as well

Well that bit is Wrong but there still could be a Trade.

How little he has been used, There be a Strong Chance he would want to come home.

Well as much as some posters on here as well

tbh, it doesn't matter what he wants, he is a contracted first round draft pick..
He is named on extended bench for this week, no way we would do that if we had already agreed to trade him out.

The only correct thing in the link was the spelling of his name and the games count.

tbh, it doesn't matter what he wants, he is a contracted first round draft pick..
He is named on extended bench for this week, no way we would do that if we had already agreed to trade him out.

The only correct thing in the link was the spelling of his name and the games count.

We have to wait and see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back