Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney get royally bent over! 2 blokes that won't make their 22 for a guy in their 22...sounds fair? What a ridiculous trade. Meh on Giles, solid but I prefer other options. Would rather go after Callum Sinclair.
Tuohy is a solid cover for either malceski or shaw, garlett would be great at the feet of buddy and tippett allowing jetta more time up the ground. That first or second round pick could be handy aswell. Gotta move past garlett having a bad year when he is fit mentally and physically he is arguably one of the best small forwards.

Tuohy is a solid cover for either malceski or shaw, garlett would be great at the feet of buddy and tippett allowing jetta more time up the ground. That first or second round pick could be handy aswell. Gotta move past garlett having a bad year when he is fit mentally and physically he is arguably one of the best small forwards.

Yet who is Garlett replacing in the Swans 22. Go on give us a name. Parker/McGlynn play that role better. Tuouy is ordinary Sydney wouldn't bother. Even pick 6 which is Carlton's first, they might do Reid for that but I doubt they would bother.

Yet who is Garlett replacing in the Swans 22. Go on give us a name. Parker/McGlynn play that role better. Tuouy is ordinary Sydney wouldn't bother. Even pick 6 which is Carlton's first, they might do Reid for that but I doubt they would bother.

You must not watch a lot of footy, Parker and mcglynn both spend more time in the midfield now! Lets see he could contest for a spot in the team against Cunningham or maybe lloyd.

If Malceski was to leave and with Shaw getting older and they had Tuohy then he would probably be in their 22 of a HBF.

You must not watch a lot of footy, Parker and mcglynn both spend more time in the midfield now! Lets see he could contest for a spot in the team against Cunningham or maybe lloyd.

Shows how much you watch of the Swans- Cunninham and especially Lloyd are better players full stop. Cunningham is their run with player in the forward line, Garlett doesn't do that

If Malceski was to leave and with Shaw getting older and they had Tuohy then he would probably be in their 22 of a HBF.

They drafted Zac Jones last year! He will replace one of those and is a better prospect than Touhy for goodness sake. Not to mention the other hbf's they have on their list. They are not giving Sam Reid up for Garlett full stop whether there is a first rounder in there or not.

Shows how much you watch of the Swans- Cunninham and especially Lloyd are better players full stop. Cunningham is their run with player in the forward line, Garlett doesn't do that

No point arguing with you. garlett would probably be in there 22, he could add another lethal dimension to the swans game. Kicked 40+ goals numerous seasons.

They drafted Zac Jones last year! He will replace one of those and is a better prospect than Touhy for goodness sake. Not to mention the other hbf's they have on their list. They are not giving Sam Reid up for Garlett full stop whether there is a first rounder in there or not.

Take it easy mate, jeez.

Not suggesting at all that they would do it, I was just suggesting that Tuohy would just about be in their best 22 next year. If Carlton wanted Sam Reid they would probably have to give up more than Garlett and Tuohy.

Not suggesting at all that they would do it, I was just suggesting that Tuohy would just about be in their best 22 next year. If Carlton wanted Sam Reid they would probably have to give up more than Garlett and Tuohy.

I agree that why I figured a first or second round pick. I hate to say it but Reid has been overrated a bit. He will be 24 next season and has never kicked more than 35 goals a season. Playing behind bud and tippett isn't going to help that. Although there will be plenty of clubs looking to grab him though.

We have plenty of half backs flankers to choose from. Touhy wouldnt be needed. Shaw and mal leaves then we got rohan biggs zack jones laidler and even mcveigh not to mention alex johnson coming back. To be honest I would rather have someone like towers or brandon jack playing at the feet of buddy and tippet than garlett.

I agree that why I figured a first or second round pick. I hate to say it but Reid has been overrated a bit. He will be 24 next season and has never kicked more than 35 goals a season. Playing behind bud and tippett isn't going to help that. Although there will be plenty of clubs looking to grab him though.
Reid is 22 I'm sure he'll get better, he got a good set of hands I think we should keep him and play him permanently down back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point arguing with you. garlett would probably be in there 22, he could add another lethal dimension to the swans game. Kicked 40+ goals numerous seasons.

So this 'numerous season' is a grand total of wait for it TWO. Stop the press. Also has seasons where he did nothing and in the middle if that gets himself in trouble off field. There is no way he is worth more than a mid 3rd, Touhy around the same. The old saying "quantity does not equal quality". You want Reid Swans will be asking a bit more than fringe 22 players. You can tell it whatever way you want, neither player would make the Swans starting side. Draft picks are overrated and the Swans won't care too much even if pick
6 was given.

Tried to be as unbiased as I could in this hypothetical. What do you guys think?

1. Carlton Gold Coast Trade
Blues out: Pick#6+ 4th round selection
Suns out: G.Ablett Compo (#14) and 2nd +3rd round selections

2. Carlton GWS Trade
Blues ontrade: #14, Carlton 2nd (26)
Giants: Jaksch+End of first Round selection (#20) + 2nd round selection (23)

3. Carlon Sydney Trade
Blues ontrade: Pick#20 (GWS) + Pick#27 (Suns)
Swans: Mitchell and Sydney 2nd selection (#38)

Net Result:
Carlton: Mitchell, Jaksch, #23, #38, #4#,#4#
Gold Coast: #6,#7,#6#,
Sydney: Heeney,#20, #27
Greater West: #3,#14,#26

Tried to be as unbiased as I could in this hypothetical. What do you guys think?

2. Carlton GWS Trade

3. Carlon Sydney Trade

Net Result:
Not the worst hypothetical in this thread, you've at least tried to take bias away. Not an easy thing to do. :)

I think the last trade to Sydney is in your favour slightly. Ie I think take the 38 away. Mitchell is well liked at Sydney.

2. Carlton GWS Trade

3. Carlon Sydney Trade

Net Result:

Why on earth wouldn't Sydney just take the pick 6 and run. What is the point from their perspective. Carlton are getting too much for not much output. Sydney don't need to be involved in your Jacksh trade one single bit.

He wouldn't get a game ahead of either Cunningham or Lloyd

Net Result:
Including a player we already have doesn't make the trade look any better.

2. Carlton GWS Trade

3. Carlon Sydney Trade

Net Result:
Don't see why GWS would agree to downgrade their 2nd pick. Sydney would be the big losers though.

IMO you'd have to use the Ablett compo pick for Mitchell, and Carlton's 2nd rounder for Jaksch. That's still probably lowballing but this is based off of the rumours that they'll both nominate Carlton.

2. Carlton GWS Trade

3. Carlon Sydney Trade

Net Result:

So Carlton's result is this:

In - Jaksch, Mitchell, p23, p38 and p45 (sun's 3rd)
Out - p6, p26, p62 (4th rounder)

I think most people would suggest both Mitchell and Jaksch for pick 6 would favour Carlton slightly. Then you've got a 3 pick upgrade of your second rounder as well as getting pick 38 and 45 for pick 62. It's not the worst suggestion I've seen but clearly Carlton are the big winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back