Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
He won't be going anywhere but for a hypotheticals thread I would think a late top 10 - maybe 15 at a stretch.

Sydney don't really have anything that would genuinely interest us and that you'd be willing to part with especially with Heeney locked away.

However being a hypothetical thread and all that plus him being literally the last player we'd want to trade I'd look at Jetta and exchanging later picks. Is that going to interest Sydney? Nah, but it's the sort of currency Collingwood would require to part with Elliott.

He'd be a strong target though because he could do serious damage in the Sydney forward half.

Elliott obviously someone who i think would untouchable for us, so i dont want him gone.

But a trade would probably involve Tom Mitchell, Jetta i dont particularly rate that highly.

Being a hypothetical thread id be happy to look at any of those situatuations as I think Elliott is exactly what we are missing.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Being a hypothetical thread id be happy to look at any of those situatuations as I think Elliott is exactly what we are missing.

Well that has me feeling like I've sold Elliott short! IMO, a good trade is where both parties feel like they've given 60% so if you're comfortable with those offers maybe I'd need a re-think.

Men of Steele

Team Captain
Dec 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Crouch missed much of the year with injury, so thats very understandable.

He had the most votes in our best and fairest for the 2nd half of the season.
He will be better than O'Meara and Wines and Prestia....and thats not bias talking.

I will make sure i watch the Brownlow tomorrow night to see him come from the clouds after halfway then.

liz

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I can't see any reason why the Pies would even contemplate trading out Elliott. He has some real flair and skill, something I don't see much of in the Pies' squad beyond Pendlebury, Beams and Cloke (when he's on). I also don't really see an Elliott type fitting into the Sydney plan. He probably does have the capacity to move into the midfield, but why would you want to turn him into that kind of player when his flair is in the forward line? And yet the Swans don't seem to favour permanent smaller forwards. Those who have played there have gradually moved into the forward line. The plan seems to be to have as many midfielders as possible who are also competent in the forward line and just rotate them through.

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Jake Neade for a second rounder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bert Man

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
PSG, ARSENAL
What happened to Bastinac? He looked like he was going to be a very good footballer.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong wouldn't

I think Geelong would consider it. Highly rated player with already 100 games experience and right in the correct age bracket. Depending on how deep Wells rates this draft so how much better pick 14 is than pick 36 I'd definitely think about it. It's a classic case of buying low since he's clearly got more ability than what he showed this year.

Cat Addict

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
If this was Basti and a 3rd(54ish) rather than a 2nd(36ish) maybe. Basti has a lot more to offer than he got the chance to show during the finals, I'm betting he was carrying an injury of some type.

More likely a straight swap for Geelong's 2nd. Failing that it would be Geelongs 2nd and swap of firsts (but that the max I'd say) Couldn't see Geelong move out of the first round for Bastinac (as much as I like him) seems to be on the outer or just squeezed out with the arrival of NDS.

Lemma

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2010
Fogarty St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now thinking about it, probably should keep Basti with NDS, Wells and Harvey approaching the wrong side of 30. Probably worth more to us than he would on open market

Remove this Banner Ad

Back