Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

hawthorn should just straight swap JOR for Shitmakers if they get frawley. Maybe swap picks if they need to
could be a win/win. GWS get another KPD given the injury to Mohr and the loss of Frost. Hawthorn get another mid they can try get right
This is the trade I've been thinking of. Even if hawthorn had to downgrade our 1st pick to their 2nd.

Why are North fans talking about trading Levi Greenwood by the way? Key cog in a midfield of a team about to peak- why trade him for draft picks???

If you knew how CD calculate disposal efficiency you would know it is a load of rubbish.

Elite ball-user Gary Ablett's DE was 69%, notorious ball-butcher Heath Grundy's was 81%
I understand that backmen have better efficiency because of the sideways chip. I used only elite midfielders that were quoted from a previous poster. And yes I know efficiency is not the be all and end all but I was also disproving a myth that Greenwoods disposal is terrible.

Why are North fans talking about trading Levi Greenwood by the way? Key cog in a midfield of a team about to peak- why trade him for draft picks???

Agreed, but still as yet un signed for 2015. Expected to sign by the B&F on Friday, but until then its enough to fire up BF :)

So with Mitch Clark signalling Geelong and the player formally known as Harry O declaring Melbourne as his preferred destination I thought I'd put forward the following trade scenario to get some deals done.

Geelong trade Mitch Brown & Taylor Hunt or Varcoe to Melbourne.

Melbourne trade Mitch Clark to Geelong.

Melbourne trade either Brown or Hunt or Both to Collingwood.

Collingwood trade Lumumba to Melbourne.

Now let the anger about me being a geelong supporter flow in, yes yes.

The thing is I can't see Geelong offer up a lot to get a deal done. Yes they need a forward but picking up a player/need who is injury prone is risky, no matter what the upside. Two years ago Geelong brought in McIntosh for a mid pick, he missed the whole first year, then ended up injured towards the back end of year two.

Clark brings the same level of risk-reward.
Yes Brown & Hunt are only fringe players but both have fitness levels and fill needs for Melbourne and potentially Collingwood.
Varcoe could potentially offer Collingwood a bit up forward but is getting on in age.
Otherwise Geelong offer a second round pick (33) or 3rd round pick (52) would probably be fair.

I've read that Melbourne is willing to part with pick 22 for Harry O, which to me seems too high, especially given Collingwood want to get rid of him.

Collingwood would prefer a pick for Lumumba for sure given Clark is now off the table, but pick 22 is just too high in my opinion.

Those cats players are horrible trade suggestions. I figure it should be either a straight swap for Clark of either horlin smith or #33.

Or make it a three way trade, cats - Clark, melb - Harry O, pies - GHS or #33.

I agree that our 2nd rnd pick is to high for Harry O & it may be needed for Billy Stretch via FS anyway

I understand that backmen have better efficiency because of the sideways chip. I used only elite midfielders that were quoted from a previous poster. And yes I know efficiency is not the be all and end all but I was also disproving a myth that Greenwoods disposal is terrible.
Where did you get those stats from? The AFL website has Greenwood's DE at 66%.

Those cats players are horrible trade suggestions. I figure it should be either a straight swap for Clark of either horlin smith or #33.

Or make it a three way trade, cats - Clark, melb - Harry O, pies - GHS or #33.

I agree that our 2nd rnd pick is to high for Harry O & it may be needed for Billy Stretch via FS anyway
Geelong medical staff have clear him. Appears to be fit. Think he would easily be in Geelong's best 22 round 1. Expect Geelong to offer better player/s listed above.

A bit of a myth his disposal lets him down. This may have been the case in the past years but not anymore.
Like I said in earlier post he has worked harder than anyone on all aspects of his game.

Only 4 players from list posted earlier in this thread that have better efficiency.

Greenwood Effective disposal % is 73.8%
Beams 68%
Pendles 75%
Sam Mitchel 72.2%
Lewis 73.7%
Cotchin 63.8%
Miles 75%
Boak 70.9
Wines 66%
Ablett 68.8%
Presti 67.5%
Priddis 65.3%
Shuey 71.9%
Dangerfield 61.8
Sloan 71.7%
Kennedy 67.7%
Parker 68.7%
Rockliff 67.9%
Zorko 65.8%
Barlow 66.5%
Fyfe 69.6%
Stevie J 64.7%
Heppell 66.9%
Swallow 70.3%
Cunnington 67.9%
Libba 73.4%
Griffen 71.7%
Jack Steven 68.8%
Armatige 73.8%
Tyson 72.6%
Jones 73.6%
Ward 74.7%
Treloer 67.4%
Why did you leave Selwood and Watson out?

How about Mitch Clark, #23 & #60 for Vacoe, Blicavs & #70?

Massive risk there.
If Geelong traded Blicavs they would only have Simpson and McIntosh as ruckmen on their list.
McIntosh will be 31 next year and Simpson has not proven to be a particularly useful ruckman.
I suppose Vardy could be used in the ruck but he seemed more suitable forward and is, of course, recovering from injury.

What are people’s thoughts about Clark and P22 for P14 and P33?

P33 by itself is unders for Mitch Clark, regardless of the potential risks. So by adding the 8 pick upgrade it evens it out. If Mitch is right, and you can only assume Geelong has done their due diligence and believe he is, Clark will be in the top 5 players at their club.

Hawkins and Clark as a KPF duo isn’t that far behind Buddy and Tippet as the best in the game.

Massive risk there.
If Geelong traded Blicavs they would only have Simpson and McIntosh as ruckmen on their list.
McIntosh will be 31 next year and Simpson has not proven to be a particularly useful ruckman.
I suppose Vardy could be used in the ruck but he seemed more suitable forward and is, of course, recovering from injury.

No way Geelong will off load Blicavs as they have only just promoted him off the rookie list. I'd be suprised if Vardy is still considered a ruck option next year given he's young and coming off a knee reco. And you're right about the other ruck options they have. McIntosh is nearly done, and as much as I like Dawson he's mostly unproven and injury prone as well.

Horlin Smith had a shocker of a finals series but was a top round pick, so I doubt they will trade him away. As average as Schroder and Stringer were they still provided list depth and with both gone I'd be suprised geelong were willing to trade a player with so much upside as Horlin Smith.

From what's being reported this morning it looks like it'll be their pick 33 or 51 that get the deal done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way Geelong will off load Blicavs as they have only just promoted him off the rookie list. I'd be suprised if Vardy is still considered a ruck option next year given he's young and coming off a knee reco. And you're right about the other ruck options they have. McIntosh is nearly done, and as much as I like Dawson he's mostly unproven and injury prone as well.

Horlin Smith had a shocker of a finals series but was a top round pick, so I doubt they will trade him away. As average as Schroder and Stringer were they still provided list depth and with both gone I'd be suprised geelong were willing to trade a player with so much upside as Horlin Smith.

From what's being reported this morning it looks like it'll be their pick 33 or 51 that get the deal done

Horlin Smith was draft pick 37, and even then was seen as a bit of a smokey (from memory). Neil Balme on the radio seemed to suggest that they were hoping for it to be a Pick, not a player.

Horlin Smith was draft pick 37, and even then was seen as a bit of a smokey (from memory). Neil Balme on the radio seemed to suggest that they were hoping for it to be a Pick, not a player.

Well picked up, clearly got him confused with our other first rounder from that year

What are people’s thoughts about Clark and P22 for P14 and P33?

P33 by itself is unders for Mitch Clark, regardless of the potential risks. So by adding the 8 pick upgrade it evens it out. If Mitch is right, and you can only assume Geelong has done their due diligence and believe he is, Clark will be in the top 5 players at their club.

Hawkins and Clark as a KPF duo isn’t that far behind Buddy and Tippet as the best in the game.

Mitch Clark of 12 months ago would be worth that trade, but not the Mitch Clark of now. His potential is still there, but he's played bugger all in the last three years due to injury and unfortunate mental health problems. Yes Geelong must have declared him fit, but they did the same with McIntosh who then missed his whole first year, and broke down by finals this year.
Geelong need midfield depth. I watched every game and the games we got flogged in (Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Syndey and Fremantle) it wasn't our forward line that let the team down, it was the lack of midfield run. I really hope we hang on to the pick and recruit a mid or if one is available get a potential ruck prospect (not sure if any available, haven't checked draft). A dream scenario would be to send it to GWS for a running mid, but the pick is just too low to interest them.

The 2010 draft so far has been okay for us.

Smedts at Pick 15 and Guthrie at 23 were out first two picks that year. We have also added pick 7 in Caddy to our list since then :)

Not a rumour but just a thought....
Any chance of Brad Sewell going to Melb. Still got a couple of years in him i would suggest, and probably going to struggle to get a game a Hawthorn hereafter.
Would provide another inside ball winner and some desperately needed on field leadership, and a great role model to the younger guys.I could see some value to Melb with this.....
I would have suggested he go as a FA but that would reduce (ever so slightly) the compensation Melb receive for Frawley, so maybe an arbitary 4th or 5th round pick that Melb prob aren't going to use anyway......??

Thoughts

Any chance of Brad Sewell going to Melb. Still got a couple of years in him i would suggest, and probably going to struggle to get a game a Hawthorn hereafter.
Would provide another inside ball winner and some desperately needed on field leadership, and a great role model to the younger guys.I could see some value to Melb with this.....
I would have suggested he go as a FA but that would reduce (ever so slightly) the compensation Melb receive for Frawley, so maybe an arbitary 4th or 5th round pick that Melb prob aren't going to use anyway......??

Thoughts
He'll either stay a Hawk or retire.

Thoughts
It's the Cross role. Not sure they need a 2nd player to fill that role. Without cross it would look like a good fit.

Two time BnF winner and holds down a key position.
Patfull is now 30 years old! Yes he's been a really good player but hes getting old. GWS could do with his experience but he is not a key position player! A 190cm and 30 years old he would get towered by the big talls. Is a B grade player who's only going to get worse with age.

Patfull is now 30 years old! Yes he's been a really good player but hes getting old. GWS could do with his experience but he is not a key position player! A 190cm and 30 years old he would get towered by the big talls. Is a B grade player who's only going to get worse with age.
You wouldn't have him at Sydney?

You wouldn't have him at Sydney?

He is one that I hope Sydney are considering, only issue is that can he take the gorrilla's every week. Ideally Richards should go to playing on the 3rd forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back