Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Wouldn't necessarily mind Schoenmakers, but I would not be trading or downgrading our first rounder for him. We would probably be into him as a defender though, as our tall defender depth beyond Talia stinks at the moment with Otten being injured, Hartigan being raw and Shaw being not a good kick. We definitely need a new ruckman though, as we delisted McKernan and Graham (wasn't that the best trade ever). We would be royally screwed if Jacobs were to go down injured.

Quick tip: Shoey is a better forward. He is a dead set horrid defender. In fact his best games this season were played up forward. He is versatile but he is better up forward as the 3rd roaming tall. It is why I'm not sure Adelaide are the right fit. You have those types of players.

Rucks, yes you need 1 maybe two. Surely you have to go after Gorringe, just a 4th rounder should do it, it is a throw away pick anyway as that would just be used for a rookie upgrade.

Of all things the Crows need, KPP forwards I'm not sure is one, they have Lynch, Walker, etc. Rucks maybe, but I doubt that would be upgrades in the 1st round, possibly the 2nd. Crows after being banished from the draft will want to hold 1st and 2nd rounders unless a deal out of the ordinary came up. Every single Hawks trade involves Shoey- for crying out loud, see how he goes next season, it takes 12 months to get over an ACL.
1. Shoey can play both ends...inc back.
2 My trade involves. Shoey because he's a S.A boy.
3. I suggested Shoey becuause we are loaded with talls not because I don't rate him .
4.Boy players are 23 or there about so they wouldn't be throwing away a first rdr on a player/players with limited return yrs/games wise ...

1. Shoey can play both ends...inc back.
2 My trade involves. Shoey because he's a S.A boy.
3. I suggested Shoey becuause we are loaded with talls not because I don't rate him .

1. Shoey is a better forward. I am assuming you have watched all Hawthorn matches this year- his best games were up forward. Then you suffered injuries and instead of leaving him up forward you shifted him back, he got goals kicked on him, dropped. Meh, I still maintain he is a better forward period. Just a natural forward, knows how to lead.

2. Let Shoey play next year, you will be royally shafted at the trade table.

Patfull is now 30 years old! Yes he's been a really good player but hes getting old. GWS could do with his experience but he is not a key position player! A 190cm and 30 years old he would get towered by the big talls. Is a B grade player who's only going to get worse with age.

Whilst he isn't best suited to being a key position player he can do it if need be. Has done it plenty of times for us. Personally, I think he is an a grade player in his position. Comfortably one of the best intercept markers in the competition. Would probably have had an AA spot if he played for a Melbourne side. Been phenomenal the last 3 years.

Whilst he isn't best suited to being a key position player he can do it if need be. Has done it plenty of times for us. Personally, I think he is an a grade player in his position. Comfortably one of the best intercept markers in the competition. Would probably have had an AA spot if he played for a Melbourne side. Been phenomenal the last 3 years.

I agree he's a very good intercept mark and was arguably an A grader in his prime. But the Swans don't need an intercept mark nor do they need a 190cm back man IMO

Iv seen all Hawthorns AND BHs games this year , have done for the last 5 yrs
....he needs a fresh start as does Lowden .

Maybe but he isn't worth what you are suggesting especially to Adelaide

If Schoenmakers stays (50/50 at this point) he may not break into the side. Although at another team I think he will thrive (crows/bombers) I don't think hawks would be asking for too much. Is he worth a second round pick?

If Schoenmakers stays (50/50 at this point) he may not break into the side. Although at another team I think he will thrive (crows/bombers) I don't think hawks would be asking for too much. Is he worth a second round pick?

Curious to know where Paul Stewart ends up assuming Paddy Rider ends up at Port Adelaide. Pick 23 back in 2006. Hes 191 cm and 27 years old and just signed a contract extension this year.

Has been used as a 3rd tall when hes played but i hear hes versatile but I cant see him ending up in Ports forward line set up assuming it looks something like this:

Gray Westhoff Monfries
Wingrad Schltz Ryder/Lobbe

Thoughts if he might be apart of a trade?

Or a trade between doggies, hawks and bombers.
Hawks trade Schoenmakers to essendon and first round pick to doggies.
Doggies trade Michael talia and second round pick to hawks. Ayce Cordy and Swap first round pick with bombers.
Essendon trades Carlisle to dogs.
(I think this trade might only happen if Carlisle wanted out from bombers and there is no indication that he does) bombers fans might feel a tad screwed with this scenario?

Mid to late 2nd probably. Which is sort of the point, coming off an ACL, better to keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or a trade between doggies, hawks and bombers.
Hawks trade Schoenmakers to essendon and first round pick to doggies.
Doggies trade Michael talia and second round pick to hawks. Ayce Cordy and Swap first round pick with bombers.
Essendon trades Carlisle to dogs.
(I think this trade might only happen if Carlisle wanted out from bombers and there is no indication that he does) bombers fans might feel a tad screwed with this scenario?

A tad screwed, Essendon are being belted. Jake Carlile is the number 1or 2 NOT FOR SALE bloke at the club (Heppell the other). Would only be traded for a top 3 pick. In fact seeing Essendon rejected GWS's offer last season, doubt it will ever happen. After the Crameri trade I doubt Essendon will be into giving the Dogs 'favours'.

A tad screwed, Essendon are being belted. Jake Carlile is the number 1or 2 NOT FOR SALE bloke at the club (Heppell the other). Would only be traded for a top 3 pick. In fact seeing Essendon rejected GWS's offer last season, doubt it will ever happen. After the Crameri trade I doubt Essendon will be into giving the Dogs 'favours'.
Wasn't there talk that he might walk out?
Schoenmakers, Cordy and pick 5 doesn't seem too bad for carlile...

Wasn't there talk that he might walk out?

Not really, laughed it off in an interview (last week I think from memory). Ryder yes, Carlile no. Not to mention GWS, Melbourne among others would be frothing at the bit to get him. GWS would offer their first pick in a heartbeat considering they reportedly offered pick 1 last season. As I said if Carlile is ever traded (and I doubt it) it will be something above the odds.

Yes, that other club is gone as far as I'm concerned. This whole saga is a joke, and if the club wants to rehire blokes that caused it, go for it, you aint getting my support in doing it. Easy to follow Sydney, I live here, my sister follows them and I have been a season member up here (as I love AFL) for 4 years.

Pathetic. Good Riddance.

Hawthorn
IN : O'Rourke, Pick 12
OUT Lowden, Hallahan, Schoenmakers, Pick 19

West Coast
IN: Lowden
OUT: Pick 29

GWS
IN: Hallahan + Pick 29
OUT: O'Rourke

Fremantle
IN: Schoenmakers, Pick 19
OUT: Pick 12

Why on earth would Fremantle want Shoenmakers, they have so many of his types, especially a first round upgrade that is beyond ridiculous. West Coast are the last team that need a ruckman as well.

Why on earth would Fremantle want Shoenmakers, they have so many of his types, especially a first round upgrade that is beyond ridiculous. West Coast are the last team that need a ruckman as well.

I thought Fremantle were looking for a KPP that could swap between forward and back, and West Coast were looking for a second choice ruckman that rest in the forward line. My bad.

I thought Fremantle were looking for a KPP that could swap between forward and back, and West Coast were looking for a second choice ruckman that rest in the forward line. My bad.

Unless Sinclair, Lycett among others go WC are set. Shoenmakers is a 2nd/3rd (more likely) tall and Freo have a few of them. They might be interested but nowhere near the first round upgrade area (more the 2nd). Worst year to trade him off an ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back