Trade Radio 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

******* Damien Barrett.

Wallace: Are you in good shape?
Ahmed Saad: I have my ex-captain as my personal trainer whos working me really hard:
Barrett: So what are you doing to ensure you're in the right shape if you get drafted?
Saad: Well as i said i've got a personal trainer......

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Hope a club drafts Saad. He is in crazy good shape and determined as anything. He deserves another shot

Laughed at Simon Garlick hoping for an end of 1st rounder for Shaun Higgins. They'll do well to get a 3rd round pick for him.

Also, why are the Bulldogs interested in Sam Reid? He's not the no. 1 key forward they need at all.
Why would we do well to get a 3rd rounder?? Compensation is based on the age of a player and the contract he has been offered. By all reports Higgins' contract is close to Frawleys and they are both the same age so the compensation will be similar. I'd think end of first round for Frawley and 2nd round for higgins. But of course we have no idea as we don't know what contracts are being offered!

Why would we do well to get a 3rd rounder?? Compensation is based on the age of a player and the contract he has been offered. By all reports Higgins' contract is close to Frawleys and they are both the same age so the compensation will be similar. I'd think end of first round for Frawley and 2nd round for higgins. But of course we have no idea as we don't know what contracts are being offered!

We won't know Frawley's, but Higgins' will be known as he is restricted and as such it will be presented to the Bullies to consider matching.

It is why we know Buddy and Daisy's contract amounts.

By all reports?? Frawley will get around 500k for 5 years. North aren't stupid enough to give him anywhere near that. Maybe 3 years at 300k.

Higgins' won't be anywhere near Frawleys

By all reports?? Frawley will get around 500k for 5 years. North aren't stupid enough to give him anywhere near that. Maybe 3 years at 300k.
Dogs have already offered him that, and he turned it down. Will be in the 400's

Dogs have already offered him that, and he turned it down. Will be in the 400's
I don't think that argument is logical, unless Higgins is only in it for the money. Even then, North could be offering say 320k compared to your 300. I don't see why it balloons to the 400's.
Frawley reportedly turned down 750k from Melbourne to accept 450k at Hawthorn. If a club looking much more likely to have short term success offers significantly less, the player can still accept it. If anything, it's likely that Higgins is taking evens or less, say 250k over 3, to play for a more successful side.

I don't think that argument is logical, unless Higgins is only in it for the money. Even then, North could be offering say 320k compared to your 300. I don't see why it balloons to the 400's.
Frawley reportedly turned down 750k from Melbourne to accept 450k at Hawthorn. If a club looking much more likely to have short term success offers significantly less, the player can still accept it. If anything, it's likely that Higgins is taking evens or less, say 250k over 3, to play for a more successful side.

Where have you seen those figures confirmed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...e-a-major-review/story-e6frf3e3-1227078301266

Shaun Higgins will land at North Melbourne tomorrow on a four-year deal worth around $400,000 a season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...e-a-major-review/story-e6frf3e3-1227078301266

While not gospel, a lot of the talk has been around that $400k mark.

Greatest guess I've ever heard !
Thanks . Higgins has been offered a pretty good deal, and according to their F/A stipulations we won't be getting a third rounder. Is he worth a third rounder? Probably yes, but is Frawley worth pick 3?

Greatest guess I've ever heard !
Thanks . Higgins has been offered a pretty good deal, and according to their F/A stipulations we won't be getting a third rounder. Is he worth a third rounder? Probably yes, but is Frawley worth pick 3?
Compensation is not about a player's ability, that's not a determining factor in deciding compensation - age and contract are the two major factors

LOL didn't even realise about a player retired last year... VFL is live and well :)

Seriously some of these people on Trade Radio are dead set group 1 winning oxygen thieves.

One of them just mentioned Armitage being involved in a pick 1 deal!!!

And Nathan Brown....this bloke has absolutely NFI, at least put on a reporter who has some clue, all his suggestions are ridiculous.
Nathan Brown is embarrassing.. Was just talking about trading a player that retried end of last year.. Tradeweek radio isn't worth listening to when he is on

Brown is one of my most hated players of all time. His comments on the Footy Show when he explained his reasons for leaving the Dogs always put me off.

Brown is just waltzing in there and has done no prep. He doesn't know anything about the players, their present status or standing at their respective clubs.

They should use a Twomey or Clarke who have their fingers on the pulse and understand player values. This gibberer has no idea!!

First hour of Free Agency: No Movement

55568.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back