Trade radio

Remove this Banner Ad

pick 1 & cripps
that almost reads like a packet of crisps :p,
but seriously, I agree with the sentiment that Myers wouldn't get true value due to his injury woes.
he is a very good footballer & I hope he has more luck with injury in 2016 :thumbsu:

He did. Brisbane didn't want to deal.

Really? With Pickering as his manager and his aim to get to Collingwood, there's no way that wouldn't have ended up in the media.

Agreed. That seems like a good trade for all parties IMO.

1. Carlisle played his last 6 games as a key defender. And disposals are so relevant to a KPP. Do some research before spouting crap like this.

2. No, they came out and said that they wanted a first round pick

Sit down and shut up. You've been proven wrong.
Proven wrong is not when someone provides stats and a direct quote to back up what they're saying. Being proven wrong is resorting to bad mouthing someone when you are upset at being proven wrong.

Both Bombers and Demon fans don't think he is worth that much. But that's where the speculation currently lies. In the absence of any new information, it's the best starting assumption.
Can you honestly see it happening though?
It would be like turning up to an auction, being the only bidder who turns up, and submitting a bid 100k over the reserve price.
With (seemingly) no competition for Melksham's services, I just can't see how Melbourne will need to offer such a high pick.
Absolute fleecing if Essendon manage it.
Surely a more even deal would be Melksham and Essendon's 3rd, for Melbourne's 2nd?

Last edited:
Proven wrong is not when someone provides stats and a direct quote to back up what they're saying. Being proven wrong is resorting to bad mouthing someone when you are upset at being proven wrong.
You used poor stats though be honest. Nobody judges KPP's on their possession count.

It would be like turning up to auction, being the only bidder who turns up, and submitting a bid 100k over the reserve price.
With (seemingly) no competition for Melksham's services, I just can't see how Melbourne will need to offer such a high pick.
Surely a more even deal would be Melksham and Essendon's 3rd, for Melbourne's 2nd?

I'm probably not the best person to ask. I'd happily give him away.

It would be like turning up to auction, being the only bidder who turns up, and submitting a bid 100k over the reserve price.
I was surprised when it was first reported that way. Then saw they offered him 4 years at a decent amount. Maybe they rate him higher than what they think they'll get at pick 25.

Who knows.

You used poor stats though be honest. Nobody judges KPP's on their possession count.
Obviously not, I used goals Aswell, and it didn't get much better for Carlisle. Grab any stats you want, Tom Bell obviously had a much better year than Carlisle no matter how you slice it. I'm not sure why were even debating this. 99/100 would agree and the ones would be Essendon supporters.

Obviously not, I used goals Aswell, and it didn't get much better for Carlisle. Grab any stats you want, Tom Bell obviously had a much better year than Carlisle no matter how you slice it. I'm not sure why were even debating this. 99/100 would agree and the ones would be Essendon supporters.
Lots of players had a better season than Carlisle. His head & heart just wasn't in it this year.

Doesn't make him a poor player overall and he's comfortably better than Bell when he's up and his usual self.

I heard the Essendon recruit manager on the radio stating due to getting 2 picks for Ryder, and being carlile is younger pick 5 should be it. What he seems to miss is the simple fact that Ryder was still in contract, so Port had to pay more. carlile is worth a low end first rounder imo pick 15-18

You used stats that are only partially relevant. Let's look at Carlisle when he actually played forward:

1.2 goals
5.3 marks
1.3 contested marks
1.7 marks I50

Now, I'll admit that they're no world beating stats. Let's compare them to when he was in defence:

7.7 marks
1.3 contested marks
3 rebound 50's
6.2 one percenters

You use disposals as an argument when it's clearly irrelevant and you cherry pick forward stats when he played 1/3 of his games in defence. You got called out for it, hence being proven wrong
Eth-dog needs a ban, I'm not sure if I've come across a more one eyed, Ill informed post in my time on BF. Maybe he is just Dodoro.
Just go to the North Melbourne board, you'll find plenty.

Lots of players had a better season than Carlisle. His head & heart just wasn't in it this year.

Doesn't make him a poor player overall and he's comfortably better than Bell when he's up and his usual self.
Who said he's poor, Jesus Christ read the original post, you don't even know what you're arguing about. The first post just said Bell had a better year, why are you still replying if you believe that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You used stats that are only partially relevant. Let's look at Carlisle when he actually played forward:

1.2 goals
5.3 marks
1.3 contested marks
1.7 marks I50

Now, I'll admit that they're no world beating stats. Let's compare them to when he was in defence:

7.7 marks
1.3 contested marks
3 rebound 50's
6.2 one percenters

You use disposals as an argument when it's clearly irrelevant and you cherry pick forward stats when he played 1/3 of his games in defence. You got called out for it, hence being proven wrong

Just go to the North Melbourne board, you'll find plenty.
I think Carlisle is a great defender!! This year he played forward, most teams would love to have him as a defender where I believe he would be one of the elite players of defense around the league. But he played forward this year, everyone knows it. Will be a great pickup for Saints when they play him in defense.

Who said he's poor, Jesus Christ read the original post, you don't even know what you're arguing about. The first post just said Bell had a better year, why are you still replying if you believe that.
Why argue semantics at all? You don't trade for a player and judge on one season. If your only point of argument is Tom Bell had a better year then yay you win.

Not sure what it has to do with anything but hey chalk it up dude.

I think Carlisle is a great defender!! This year he played forward, most teams would love to have him as a defender where I believe he would be one of the elite players of defense around the league. But he played forward this year, everyone knows it. Will be a great pickup for Saints when they play him in defense.
He played 12 of his 18 games as a forward, yes. He played his last 6 games as a defender other than about a minute against GC. Hooker was played forward from round 14-23 instead.

Surprised at the underrating of Carlisle. IMV he can/will be the best CHB in the league. If saints are gonna pay him 750k a year then they've gotta come up with something better than a second rounder.

Pick 5 ain't far off in my view.

Surprised at the underrating of Carlisle. IMV he can/will be the best CHB in the league. If saints are gonna pay him 750k a year then they've gotta come up with something better than a second rounder.

Pick 5 ain't far off in my view.
Eh, happy enough to offload the Melksham pick (around 25 it seems) to add to pick 5.

OK guys....buckle in......here comes Damo and Terry.

Everyone remain calm.

We are venturing into the presence of greatness.

How does Damo speak so well while rimming Terry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back