Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trade discussions are all over the place right now so may just start a dedicated thread for discussion.

I'll keep a running list of targets that get linked to us and update them as rumours float in.
If anyone hears something solid please feel free to say so. I'll give it due consideration and drop it into the OP thereafter.
Of course we're going to be linked to many to get a few but that's just the way it goes.

Players that have been linked to Carlton:

Confirmed Interest:
Krisitan Jaksch
Mark Whiley
Liam Jones
Jason Tutt

Behind the scenes Interest:
Tom Mitchell
Sam Reid
Tim Membrey
Ahmed Saad
Jarryd Lyons
Luke Tapscott
Sam Blease

Matt De Boer
Ben Howlett
Adam Treloar
Andrew Gaff
Ben Griffiths
Tom Campbell
Tom Boyd
Shaun Higgins
(FA)

Keep them coming and feel free to discuss possible deals.

Last edited:
Our trade discussions are all over the place right now so may just start a dedicated thread for discussion.

I'll keep a running list of targets that get linked to us and update them as rumours float in.
If anyone hears something solid please feel free to drop it in and I'll give it due consideration and drop it into the OP.
Of course we're going to be linked to many to get a few but that's just the way it goes.

Tom Boyd
Krisitan Jaksch
Adam Treloar
Tom Mitchell
Tim Membrey

Keep them coming.

Like it Harks!

Toby Greene should be in there also. Hear he comes for free with the Boyd trade :p

If anyone hears something solid please feel free to say so. I'll give it due consideration and drop it into the OP thereafter.

Tom Boyd
Krisitan Jaksch
Adam Treloar
Tom Mitchell
Tim Membrey
Andrew Gaff

Shaun Higgins (FA)

Keep them coming and feel free to discuss possible deals.

Shiel - not sure he's been linked to us but I want him in Navy Blue :D

Harks knows something. :)

I'm not McKay nor Rogers, so any info that comes ones way can easily be watered down or even manipulated.
If any more solid info comes forward though, others will be on the Hit List.

Let's put it this way; We wouldn't be the only ones that have woken up this morning and thought it a good idea to chat to quality players that may want to come home.

Boyd is under contract so we have to match his value or GWS will just hold on to him. Pick 6ish + a player who we don't want to lose or who doesn't want to go.

Warnock for late 2nd rounder, package that late 2nd rounder with Garlett and try to get a late 1st rounder (say Freo around #15). See how we go with #6 and #15 for Boyd. GWS would still baulk at it but with Carlton on the slide in the eyes of other clubs, would they want to take the PSD risk next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree given he is contracted it will be easier next year. But we might not have such a low first round pick next year.

Tom Boyd
Adam Treloar
Tim Membrey (best mates with Nickey Graham)

Would LOVE to see Dylan Shiel in Navy Blue running around with Murph, Gibbs and Juddy :thumbsu:

Most will know this is a particular area of interest to me so I will put a few names down for discussion.

I'll separate them into two separate categories being players to target through free agency and also via trading.

Starting with free agency...

I’m intrigued by the free agency pool this year.

There aren’t many (if any) players available who you’d consider a star of the competition with most having re-signed with their current clubs through the course of the year.

I think it’s important to remember that you aren’t always going to be able to bring in a player of the calibre of Daisy but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth exploring our options.

Keeping that in mind I actually still see real value in the free agency pool should we decide to dip our toes into the water again, which I absolutely believe we should.

The clear stand out in terms of quality is Frawley but I’ll leave him out of the discussion as I don’t believe we’re realistic contenders to acquire his services, for a number of reasons.

Free Agency Targets (notes to come later)
1. Tyson Goldsack
2. Jarryn Geary
3. Shaun Higgins

With regards to trades we've talked plenty about the GWS boys who may be shaken loose. For mine that's clearly the number one market for us but we can't forget we won't be the only ones circling.

Despite the clear attraction of a GWS kid there are plenty of other names out there worth considering. I'll add more (as well as my reasoning) down the track but some of those names include:

1. Ryan Lester
2. Kyle Martin
3. Tom Sheridan
4. Ben Griffiths

That's not an extensive list by any means and there are others I'll add but it's a good starting point.

It's all well and good to add names to the discussion but we have to be realistic about our chances too. There are plenty of players worth bringing across but I don't focus on them too much if I don't see them as genuine possibilities.

Last edited:
I agree given he is contracted it will be easier next year. But we might not have such a low first round pick next year.
Hopefully we offer him Judds McLean and Warnocks money and he nominates us. Would then make it possible to get it done with our first two picks next year

Not a player who has been linked to Carlton, more like one who has fallen off the face of the planet.Anyone have any idea of what has happened to Butcher from Port. Was once talked up as a likely #1 pick in his draft, slid to Port at #8 in 2009 and has only played 23 games in 5 seasons. Was once talk up as Port's next big things after a 6 and 4 goal halls in consecutive games at the end of 2011, now he can't get a game. So WTF has happened to him, can he simply not get a game ahead of Westhoff and Schulz, has the wheels fallen off and he will amount to little, or does he need a new home to spark his career (and would we be interested/would he cost much???)

Out of that list so far Harks, as much as I want them all I agree on the Boyd to Carlton next year. He would cost us our first round pick any year but giving him another year to develop while we bring in more young midfilelder's could be a good thing. Especially if Waite does go around one more year.

Jaksch, Membrey and Higgins to the club would be good! We may well keep our first pick if we got all 3. Jaksch would be the highest priced out of the 3. Might be our 2nd/and a player for him. Membrey most likely a 3rd or 4th and Higgins would be a handy addition for just cash.

I would really like Mitchell to be a Blue, but just can't see it happening. I think Sydney would want a first round pick. He may well be worth it, but not pick 6...

Not a player who has been linked to Carlton, more like one who has fallen off the face of the planet.Anyone have any idea of what has happened to Butcher from Port. Was once talked up as a likely #1 pick in his draft, slid to Port at #8 in 2009 and has only played 23 games in 5 seasons. Was once talk up as Port's next big things after a 6 and 4 goal halls in consecutive games at the end of 2011, now he can't get a game. So WTF has happened to him, can he simply not get a game ahead of Westhoff and Schulz, has the wheels fallen off and he will amount to little, or does he need a new home to spark his career (and would we be interested/would he cost much???)

Remember the days when there was talk or a trade between Butcher and Gibbs and every Port supporter said Gibbs was a squib and we would have to also have to include a first round pick to make it fair. Maybe we will take him for nothing now... Haha

So WTF has happened to him, can he simply not get a game ahead of Westhoff and Schulz, has the wheels fallen off and he will amount to little, or does he need a new home to spark his career (and would we be interested/would he cost much???)

I'd stay clear of Butcher - career trajectory ala Gumbleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back