Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacksch has to be the most pumped up 7 game player of all time, he is playing in a side that has won 5 games and isn't in there best 22 and somehow people on here believe he is our saviour.. Wake up.

Saviour ?

Not really I think most people want him since he should be cheap and he addresses a serious need.

Saviour ?

Not really I think most people want him since he should be cheap and he addresses a serious need.
Probably similar to Mitch Thorpe last year I suppose, if he is prepared to go on a rookie list I wouldn't be adverse to risking a rookie spot for him, but not sure I would want to use a draft selection on a bloke who can't get a game at GWS and has hardly been a standout at NEAFL level only being named in the best 3 times and twice last year, so has played 27 NEAFL games and only been in best 5 times..

Probably similar to Mitch Thorpe last year I suppose, if he is prepared to go on a rookie list I wouldn't be adverse to risking a rookie spot for him, but not sure I would want to use a draft selection on a bloke who can't get a game at GWS and has hardly been a standout at NEAFL level only being named in the best 3 times and twice last year, so has played 27 NEAFL games and only been in best 5 times..

Completely different players mate.

GWS have 17 players on their list that are over 193cm's tall. He has some serious competition for a senior spot. He has only gone through two seasons for 7 games which is par the course for most young KPP's.

Completely different players mate.

GWS have 17 players on their list that are over 193cm's tall. He has some serious competition for a senior spot. He has only gone through two seasons for 7 games which is par the course for most young KPP's.
Reak KPP are 196+ though. Right???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Boyd wants to come and play for Carlton - his best bet is to up his value by developing well over the next year and upping his asking price accordingly. Watching him play I see more mobility and better cleaner hands below the knees than Patton. I don't know what is going on with Cameron..but even with him fit and firing - GWS are unlikely to do the 'smart' thing and trade Boyd whist he is still contracted - now that Patton is ( again) injured with an ACL poor kid.

As for other trades- Malthouse has proven that what he looks for is blokes that are genuinely competitive and want to win. Carlton needs both class and mongrel on its its list - the mongrel bit means that you win more close games than you lose and your percentages are cumulatively better as the year goes on - because the mongrel bit enjoys destroying other sides.

Malthouse has got most players running both ways - and Carlton's on ground performances have improved accordingly. Improving the bottom six players is the difference between true competitiveness deep into September from here. I wish Juddy was two years younger.

If the first rounder is involved, you'd hope it's only a downgrade. They'd want to really rate him to hand over pick 6 when he was pick 12 last year and has played 2 games.
He said second rounder/player (whichever comes first) and third rounder. I don't understand exactly what he means by "whichever comes first" but a first rounder was not mentioned.

Nor should it be.

A Thorp-watch update for all you ardent fans:

Thorp is being courted by Devonport to come back to Tassie to captain coach their TSL team. Hit a speed bump because he wants to live in Launcston, 100km away, and the rules say he has to live where he coaches.

Re Boyd: would we go after both him and Jaksch at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back