Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe there is some decent steak knives to the deal. We get a developed tall with some pedigree as a first rounder and something to bridge the gap between his original draft pick and our first rounder. Maybe a decent mid worth a late first rounder for our second rounder. Two ready made players to slot straight in.

This is a strategy with merit .
Our list needs building and the GWS situation is a one off chance

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe there is some decent steak knives to the deal. We get a developed tall with some pedigree as a first rounder and something to bridge the gap between his original draft pick and our first rounder. Maybe a decent mid worth a late first rounder for our second rounder. Two ready made players to slot straight in.

This is a strategy with merit .
Our list needs building and the GWS situation is a one off chance

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
If we manage to get into the top 4 in the draft by Lions and Dogs overtaking and Dees rightly getting snubbed for a PP and Band 1 Compo for Frawley (if he leaves) then I'd be happy to see us net one of the 'Big 4' in Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw or Wright. Tho the way Laverde is going, he may push for top 4-5 status soon anyway in which case we may see fit to grab him at anywhere from 4-7.

Otherwise, if we see that the talent rated from 6-20 is much the same - I'd absolutely be interested in doing a Polec-type trade that sees us get more mid-range picks and a young talent 2 years into their development - even maybe 2. Have speculated previously, but some possible theoretical scenarios:

Option 1:

Pick 6 and Pick 26
for
Jaksch, Pick 20 and O'Rourke/Pick 23

Why: We gain 2 x semi-developed first rounders on the fringe and retain a 'first rounder' - likely to be 21 after FA compo. We could then pick up a sliding Midfielder or highly-rated young Tall like McKenzie, Keitel or the likes.

Option 2:

Pick 6 and Warnock/Robinson
for
Jaksch, Pick 20

Why: Perhaps GWS will see value in attaining guys in that age-range that would be competitive and give them maturity (Robbo likely to stay, however)

Draft-wise, who knows which way we'll go. But if we maintain the first pick - we really need some pace/skill in the middle. Which is why perhaps an Ahern/Pickett could be our go. Whoever we gain in October/November, I'm confident Mick and co will get it right.

Simon Wiggins

Senior List
Aug 8, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
My mood seems to sway daily on where we should play him.

We have plenty of options down back in his role but I don't know if he can play on-ball?
I think he spent some time on the ball already this year. Maybe against St Kilda?

EDIT: Either way, IMO he's already a pretty complete footballer & will be a mid

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If we have to use our 2nd round pick to get Jaksch then no thanks, would rather leave it and do our da deist to get McKenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back