Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd try and get another second rnd pick somewhere, on trade those 2 second rounders to Sydney for Mitchell and maybe their 3rd? Keep our 1st and draft my man LaVerde and try our luck with the Talls available in the 3rd round onwards....

BTW we could uses alway buy Hallahan for a packet of chips if we wanted a young inside mid who could play from the get go.

His trade value would be extremely low due to all the competition he has for spots.

Ask Sydney fans what they think of his speed.

We need class not grunt at the moment since we already have Holman, Cripps, Bell, Graham vying for positions.

Pretty much.

Wouldn't say no to any good player but not sure Mitchell would give us a huge step up in what we need and not for that money, nor our first rounder.
Guess he'll be in discussions for some time to come but a second rounder (mid 20's) and a MOR player may be tops.

Sydney would have to be pretty desperate to take unders for Mitchell but then again if it offers TPP relief and gets them something they need more?
Who knows.

I can't see us giving up our first pick unless it is for Boyd or someone crazy that we haven't even thought of.
Mitchell is good if not very good. Hard team to crack as a mid is Sydney.
Pick 6 is too high and our 2nd is too low. As much as getting talent from other clubs is exciting, I'd be more than happy to try and offload the players previously discussed and try and get as many 2nd round picks as we can by upgrades.
Mitch and our 4th for Adelaide's 2nd
Warnock for a 3rd - anyone???
Garlett and a 3rd for west coasts 2nd
Watson to Essendon for their 3rd
Walker (not that he will leave) and 3rd for Sydney's first.

I would love us to dominate this years draft and bring in some quality kids. Let Mick and the team groom them and next year grab Boyd with our first and a FA like Dangerfield.

We need as much talent as possible over the next few years and having 5 or so picks in the top 30 would do that.
Best available each pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I've said, I don't think Sydney will let him go.

I disagree that he isn't the type of player we need. He is more than just grunt like Bell, Holman, and graham. He is of the same ilk of diesel or Mitchell (hawks) and would defiantly have a role in our side next year and for many years to come.

I'm not convinced of the sydney cap squeeze which everyone is talking about. All their recent activity indicates a club who are balanced in their dealing. They would be the only club who has the next ten years of their TPP planned. He was recruited on big money, but now that he is their, and with the chance to play in flags for the next 2-3 years it wouldn't be crazy that he accepts a pay cut to stay.

"if" we want him. (big if), then our first will need to be on the table. I don't know much about this years draft so don't really know how he compares, but if he were in the draft I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 6.

Still a fan of a 2 - 1 deal involving pick 6, provided it brings high quality to the club.

GWS won't trade Boyd especially when there is now a big question mark over Patton. Pick 6 for Jacksch and another high quality player (first rounder) or pick 20

Gives us Jacksch 20/player, 26 and whatever else we can do with jeffy/Robbo/Lucas (if they go).

If the draft is as deep as some suggest then there would be plenty of talent available in the 20's and 30's

I can't see us giving up our first pick unless it is for Boyd or someone crazy that we haven't even thought of.
Mitchell is good if not very good. Hard team to crack as a mid is Sydney.
Pick 6 is too high and our 2nd is too low. As much as getting talent from other clubs is exciting, I'd be more than happy to try and offload the players previously discussed and try and get as many 2nd round picks as we can by upgrades.
Mitch and our 4th for Adelaide's 2nd
Warnock for a 3rd - anyone???
Garlett and a 3rd for west coasts 2nd
Watson to Essendon for their 3rd
Walker (not that he will leave) and 3rd for Sydney's first.

I would love us to dominate this years draft and bring in some quality kids. Let Mick and the team groom them and next year grab Boyd with our first and a FA like Dangerfield.

We need as much talent as possible over the next few years and having 5 or so picks in the top 30 would do that.
Best available each pick

Do Adelaide have a 2nd or are they still excluded from 1st/2nd?

Am i missing something?? Why would any team want Warnock or Watson both players have not given a yelp this year surely other clubs would not be interested.
Most trades involve players not in their respective sides best 22 but could be in another side's best 22

Rarely do clubs trade best 22 players

Most trades involve players not in their respective sides best 22 but could be in another side's best 22

Rarely do clubs trade best 22 players

Unless they have to.

I think most clubs are too conservative to simply risk it all when a simple reshuffling can often turn you from pretenders to contenders.

I was thinking about it. We originally offered our 3rd for Dre but Sydney rejected it. We compromised and did the pick downgrade. I think that was the better outcome anyway. If we traded our third, we would've had to have used a 4 th rder and missed out on Holman .

I was thinking about it. We originally offered our 3rd for Dre but Sydney rejected it. We compromised and did the pick downgrade. I think that was the better outcome anyway. If we traded our third, we would've had to have used a 4 th rder and missed out on Holman .

But Sydney picked up George Hewwet who I personally think will be a gun. Your right though it does help that we picked up Holman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back