Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the asnwer to this;

Sydney have to vote on their Academy player Isaac Heeney prior to the trade week

So they'll be forced to commit to him with their first round pick which will be 17 or 18 or so

But say Melbourne or St Kilda where the ones to vote for Issac who I arguably the best mid in the draft.

Does that mean that any pick traded to the Swans higher than their #18 would then have to be used on Issac, or does #18 stay for isaac and they get to use that higher pick?

Seems a bit unfair if so

But if it doesnt that means that any pick above pick #18 is the same value for the swans as all it does is open up #18 for another player

What is Jeff Garlett worth?

Value is heading south unfortunately.

Just depends on which team think they can get him right.

What would Collingwood have to do to get him?

If the players are telling the truth, I can't help but think them saying Jeffy is trying to earn respect/trust back might mean he wants to stay. If he didn't want to, why bother?

As I said, that's assuming the players who have said it are telling the truth.

Ok this is BEST case trade scenarios as far as I'm concerned. All depends on palyers wanting to come/leave though.

I've heard that at least a 2nd rounder is committed as part of trade for Jaksh.
We may be getting WCE 2nd rounder for Garlett though.
I've also heard Kerridge and 3rd for Robbo.

may work out like this:

We start with 5,23,41

Pick 27 from WCE for Garlett.
Kerridge and pick 50 from Adelade for Robbo
Ontrade 27 to GWS for Jaksh
Mitchell from Sydney for 23 & Knockers

We end up with picks 5,41,50, Mitchell, Kerridge & Jaksh.
Lose Garlett, warnock and Robbo

Pick 5 could be dangled in front of GWS for Boyd if he is keen or draft best available.

Lot of things to fall into place for it to happen but it will address needs and go some way to repairing age cohorts on the lsit in that 20-23 age bracket.

Amazing !!

If the players are telling the truth, I can't help but think them saying Jeffy is trying to earn respect/trust back might mean he wants to stay. If he didn't want to, why bother?

As I said, that's assuming the players who have said it are telling the truth.

I'd take the onus away from the coach and place it squarely on the players from here on in, with Jeff.

If our players can turn Jeff around to the point he knocks on Micks door and begs for another chance, then why not?

I'd take the onus away from the coach and place it squarely on the players from here on in, with Jeff.

If our players can turn Jeff around to the point he knocks on Micks door and begs for another chance, then why not?

Malthouse is the sheriff in this town
His experience and man management are great strengths ... He will make the right call !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would Collingwood have to do to get him?

This time last year a first rounder.

Right now? Take a big risk and make him a big offer. If he agreed to it we would pretty much have to bend over and take what you were prepared to give. But you would need to send a truck for his baggage.

Malthouse is the sheriff in this town
His experience and man management are great strengths ... He will make the right call !!

Nothing I've heard from Malthouse's mouth in recent weeks suggests he wants to keep Garlett. Twice the late night indiscretion has been used as a justification for not selecting Jeff in the squad.

Nothing I've heard from Malthouse's mouth in recent weeks suggests he wants to keep Garlett. Twice the late night indiscretion has been used as a justification for not selecting Jeff in the squad.

I'm not fussed if Garlett stays or goes , same applies to Waite , Robinson , Warnock etc ... Malthouse is weeding out the conditional players and building a sustainable and competitive team

So no one knows about the Father Son thing?
I understand it that trade period doesnt begin until after the FS and Academy bidding is finalised.

Therefore the pick that is committed is done so before that team has a chance to trade in any other picks.

To then force them to spend a pick acquired through good trading could stifle the whole trade period.

EDIT: Heres this years timetable: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-17/key-trade-draft-and-free-agency-dates

Highly doubt he goes anywhere but WA if he leaves.

Reckon he'd be a good fit for the Eagles, with Walters & Balla holding down those small forward positions at the Dockers
Not sure what we'd get in return, but at his best he'd have to worth a good second round pick.

Reckon he'd be a good fit for the Eagles, with Walters & Balla holding down those small forward positions at the Dockers
Not sure what we'd get in return, but at his best he'd have to worth a good second round pick.
I want to keep him. Can't we force him to stay. Why does this have to happen in a contract year?

Ask Sydney fans what they think of his speed.

We need class not grunt at the moment since we already have Holman, Cripps, Bell, Graham vying for positions.

Pretty much.

Wouldn't say no to any good player but not sure Mitchell would give us a huge step up in what we need and not for that money, nor our first rounder.
Guess he'll be in discussions for some time to come but a second rounder (mid 20's) and a MOR player may be tops.

Sydney would have to be pretty desperate to take unders for Mitchell but then again if it offers TPP relief and gets them something they need more?
Who knows.

Mitchell, apart from Cripps is head and shoulders above the mentioned.

Id say we could use 'Quality' grunt as much as some more class on the outside.

I reckon last year's trade period (the best we've had in years TBH) is the way to go, off load surplus to requirements like Hampson and bring in quality players cheaply, like Doc and Andre Everitt.

Colin Garland would be a handy pickup and would probably only cost a 3rd round pick. Wouldn't sell the farm for the likes of Tom Mitchell.

I reckon last year's trade period (the best we've had in years TBH) is the way to go, off load surplus to requirements like Hampson and bring in quality players cheaply, like Doc and Andre Everitt.

Colin Garland would be a handy pickup and would probably only cost a 3rd round pick. Wouldn't sell the farm for the likes of Tom Mitchell.

But where do we have surplus + quality to gain something in return ??? Hampson was surplus in the Ruck (and the RFC considered him quality roflmfao). But what do we have now ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back