Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Henderson makes 0 sense.

You do realise where we sit on the ladder this year and all the teams below us except for St Kilda beat us this year don't you?
We are also the lowest ranked team out of the big 4 teams and with Judd, Carrots, Mclean, Walker, Simpson, Waite, Jamison all set to be gone from our squad in the next 3 years or so, maybe we should go to the well now (draft) rather than doing a St's in a few years time?

Whether it be Henderson or someone else that can get us a really high pick, we should do it sooner rather than later.

Would definitely consider Blease.

I think Blease might be one of those players that is ok at VFL level, but just can't make the jump up to AFL level. Was a highly regarded junior back when I saw him play a number of good games, but I suspect he's coming from too far back.

I think Blease might be one of those players that is ok at VFL level, but just can't make the jump up to AFL level. Was a highly regarded junior back when I saw him play a number of good games, but I suspect he's coming from too far back.
He has regularly killed it during preseason but not delivered during the cut and thrust of the regular season. Not sure what the cause of that is and I'm unsure whether a change of club would do any good.

He has regularly killed it during preseason but not delivered during the cut and thrust of the regular season. Not sure what the cause of that is and I'm unsure whether a change of club would do any good.

I wouldn't mind it so much if we rookied him for this very reason. Get him into a good club with an experienced coach and see what we can turn him into. If it doesn't turn out, then we've only used a rookie selection him. Worth the risk I reckon.

I wouldn't mind it so much if we rookied him for this very reason. Get him into a good club with an experienced coach and see what we can turn him into. If it doesn't turn out, then we've only used a rookie selection him. Worth the risk I reckon.
Kinda like Banfield at Richmond. That'd work if he was up for being rookied.

You do realise where we sit on the ladder this year and all the teams below us except for St Kilda beat us this year don't you?
We are also the lowest ranked team out of the big 4 teams and with Judd, Carrots, Mclean, Walker, Simpson, Waite, Jamison all set to be gone from our squad in the next 3 years or so, maybe we should go to the well now (draft) rather than doing a St's in a few years time?

Whether it be Henderson or someone else that can get us a really high pick, we should do it sooner rather than later.

Why? Henderson is young and a proven commodity. Why trade that for speculation?

I like your posts mate - but I vehemently disagree with you on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind betting he might look at his options when his contract comes up. Said as much in a recent interview on SEN.

Reid has another 3 full years left on his contract.

Anything can happen over the course of three years. Now's the time for Sydney & Reid should he be willing to move.

Mitch Golby seems to be one that hasn't got a look in @ Brisbane since Leppa arrived. A Vic boy. I had liked what I'd seen in previous years. Wouldn't mind seeing if he wants a move home.

He has a campaigner factor that I do not enjoy.

Must be nice for Sam Reid to get the 3rd (and usually undersized) defender each week. Wouldn't get that at Carlton!

Hendo not on any trade table...

Carried plenty of knocks this season and still showed plenty...

Trades will be done but not for our top 8 players...

If you count what hendo delivered last year down back AND up forward, he actually counts as TWO of our best 8 players ;)

Must be nice for Sam Reid to get the 3rd (and usually undersized) defender each week. Wouldn't get that at Carlton!

No club wants to move on some of their better players but when the cupboard is full, it's full.
Sydney are in need of salary cap relief and they're already getting what amounts to a free hit with Heeney coming through.

How much worse a team are Sydney without Mitchell and Reid? 2 players and what must be around 1 million dollars right here.
I can see how draft picks would suit their needs better at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back