Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes:
He may not be exactly worth the money he's asking for, but if we think we can afford to let someone like that walk for a second round pick considdering the position our list is in then we're nuts.
Spot On Blue Dimension......if our list was a country, it would be a third world country !!!If Carlton do not get their act together soon we will become another bloody Fitzroy, and never get back to being feared by the competition like we were !!! The club is just becoming an honest battler and nothing seems to fire up the mob running the joint any more.......from the outside it seems that the board are more concerned with politics than they are about improving the playing group !!! I hate bloody Hawthorn,but they were down the bottom with us in the draft where we got Murph and Kennedy, and they have won 2 flags since, while we have achieved very little...........especially in our 150th year. Carlton needs to step up when trade time comes,and also pick a combination of player types in the draft........not just 3 of the same type as usual.....IMO !!!

Kreuzer and Casboult are not in direct competition with each other at all unless we consider Cameron Wood to be our number one ruck....

No MM considers Warnock our number one (when he stated that MK has to learn to be a Forward) so that would put MK and LC in competition.
Supporters however would have MK as our #1 ruck and LC as our Fwd/Rk, Woody would be in the Res Ruck position and 206 would be on someone elses list.

Matthew Warnock delisted by the Suns... Potential depth backman? May allow for White to go forward more perhaps?

I think his injury concerns would rule him out.

Would like it though... he is mates with a good friend of mine.

:rolleyes:
He may not be exactly worth the money he's asking for, but if we think we can afford to let someone like that walk for a second round pick considdering the position our list is in then we're nuts.

If he is asking too much let him go.....

We are in a lot of trouble if our future success as a team is reliant upon those two being at the club.

Waite is at the end of his career and we have in the past been very good to him as a club. He has hardly delivered value for money over the years. At this stage i would have thought a one year contract with a possible second being triggered on a performance basis is more than reasonable. If this isn't good enough for him then as much as i would like him to stay it is time to say goodbye.

Levi whilst playing a role isn't the type of player you build a forward structure around, he is a long way behind a player like Henderson. If he is asking too much then best to let him go.

If he is in fact asking for 450-500k a year he is seriously overrating his own value and is getting a fair way ahead of himself. He has hardly established himself as a force in AFL football at this stage.

We can't afford to allow these type of players to hold us over a barrel.
i would imagine a 450-500k a year forward p/t ruck should be kicking min 35-40 goals a year imo

No MM considers Warnock our number one (when he stated that MK has to learn to be a Forward) so that would put MK and LC in competition.
Supporters however would have MK as our #1 ruck and LC as our Fwd/Rk, Woody would be in the Res Ruck position and 206 would be on someone elses list.
Yes, this was my understanding too.

Spot On Blue Dimension......if our list was a country, it would be a third world country !!!If Carlton do not get their act together soon we will become another bloody Fitzroy, and never get back to being feared by the competition like we were !!! The club is just becoming an honest battler and nothing seems to fire up the mob running the joint any more.......from the outside it seems that the board are more concerned with politics than they are about improving the playing group !!! I hate bloody Hawthorn,but they were down the bottom with us in the draft where we got Murph and Kennedy, and they have won 2 flags since, while we have achieved very little...........especially in our 150th year. Carlton needs to step up when trade time comes,and also pick a combination of player types in the draft........not just 3 of the same type as usual.....IMO !!!
yes, and i just dont think we are in the top up position to have a serious crack at a flag. Let waite go, trade casboult, as yes he is very important for crashing packs, marking etc, but we need a player who can kick straight like gunston. Imo, we need to build around the buckleys, menzels, docs, etc. max should be around 21 years of age during trade week, if not go hard trade current crop that wont take us futher and rebuild time, not regenerate. Lets get real blues, i'll prefer more pain now than the usual sneeking into finals and losing 1st or second week and stay there for a few years and then back down to the shitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one for you and ill try to make it as understandable as possible. The club is seriously considering picking up Ahmed Saad as a rookie or a late selection in the draft. That is still being worked out depending on the trade. Mick is a huge fan.

Yep, MM called him some time last month for a chat.

Thing is, so have Collingwood, Essendon, North and possibly another club.

Yep, MM called him some time last month for a chat.

Thing is, so have Collingwood, Essendon, North and possibly another club.

I guess with him being an ex-Northern Bullant/Blue he would be familiar with our group and perhaps that feeling of being amongst some familiar faces and people would be easier for him to settle back into the AFL. Also from a coaching perspective, Malthouse really sells himself and his club well and that father figure would be ideal to a kid coming back from the saga and not being brought up in the system. At Pies you'd have figjam, Essendon he'd be laughed at for joining the druggies after his situation, at North (blah...) why when you could play for a top VIC club with a rich history.

The difference between now and then is that we have a core group of guns already .. We are nowhere near as far off the pace now as we were back then! ... Go back and have a look at that list and you'll be amazed that we won any games at all! ... Hawthorn already had Hodge, Mitchell, Everitt, Croad, Jacobs, Roughead, Franklin and Lewis came in '04, Mark Williams, Crawford, Rawlings, Sewell, Smith, Hay, Thompson by the time the 2005 draft came around .... Then they got Ellis and Birchall in '05 ..... They were leaps and bounds ahead of us! ... I consider us about where they (and maybe Pies) were in '05, now. That's why our offseason is so important.

Last edited:
No mixed messages. He has agreed to come on a 3 year deal with the 3rd being incentive based. I don't see how that can be misunderstood!!! If he stays fit he gets the 3rd year, if not he doesn't stay fit he won't trigger the 3rd year. Pretty simple I would have thought!!!
Given Higgins is highly injury prone it is sensible to have an incentive based trigger for the 3rd year. The justifiable doubts about his value after 2 years raises the question: What is the strategic value of the deal?

Do we expect to be competitive for a flag in the next 2 years and, if Higgins can stand up, some time beyond that? If not what is the value of recruiting Higgins if all he does is help us win a couple of more games a year to finish, say, 12th?

Given Higgins is highly injury prone it is sensible to have an incentive based trigger for the 3rd year. The justifiable doubts about his value after 2 years raises the question: What is the strategic value of the deal?

Do we expect to be competitive for a flag in the next 2 years and, if Higgins can stand up, some time beyond that? If not what is the value of recruiting Higgins if all he does is help us win a couple of more games a year to finish, say, 12th?
he is a top up player, keep fans happy, but not a genuine get player ready for up and coming premiership, anyways they know whats best i guess.

What would blues want for garlett.is he a required player or is mickhappy for him to leave?
Seems like mick is happy for him to leave, but it also seems like he wont be in Melbourne.

If you guys were seriously going to lose Ryder, I would suggest Warnock + Garlett for a player or two.

Garlett likely to go home to wa then? You'd think eagles as freo have Ballantine and Walters already.
Eagles have lecras and hill but another small forward may improve their forward line balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back