Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
It's too early in the year for this. Thanks MS3 for the info, now to progressively drug the GWS footy ops crew into insanity just in time for trade period and ship Tom Temay over to them as the only man who ever stopped Whitfield.

Mar 5, 2013
Perth , WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Boyd is battling between his beliefs in loyalty and his love for Carlton. We first need to get him to commit to coming over, then we need to satisfy the Giants. If he commits to us, then we will be able to satisfy the Giants. Some may not be happy with what will be on offer (and its not Menzel), however Boyd is 1 of 2 missing pieces for our future.

would you be willing to revel what is the 2nd piece of our future that we are missing ??!! :):footy:

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Players who I'd be disappointed to lose.

Walker, Menzel, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Buckley, Kreuzer, Robinson, Yarran, Docherty, Cripps, Henderson, Jamison, Tuohy

the rest I could deal with or I don't think they'll go (Judd, Thomas, Everitt etc)

Walker only in there for sentimental reasons, we could cover him if we wanted.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Surely though if he chooses us as his preferred destination we'd only have to offer pick 5 or 6 and a smaller sweetener than Kreuze.

Why wouldn't Warnock + pick 5 do the job? Is Rob really that bad?

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Surely though if he chooses us as his preferred destination we'd only have to offer pick 5 or 6 and a smaller sweetener than Kreuze.

Why wouldn't Warnock + pick 5 do the job? Is Rob really that bad?

I'd say it's because he's contracted. He can choose us all he likes but if GWS don't like our offer they can just keep him and try again next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Is Yarran on the untouchable list if we can get a Boyd?

It isn't easy to find an elite KPF prospect who is the same size and height as Kreuzer.

The likes of Robinson, Watson, Tuohy, Jamison, Walker and Cripps could be dealt as part of a trade for Boyd.

Simpson is too old.

Kreuzer mightn't be durable enough.

Doc and Bucks won't move.

Don't see players agreeing or wanting to move, yet Kennedy was traded after he re-signed. Hendo had to be moved on so the Lions could get Fev. This type of trade will hurt somewhat.

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
They have Mumford anyway, I don't see them asking for any of our rucks. Walker would appeal to them as would a key defender. Jamison and Rowe are fairly old while Hendo is untouchable.

Mumford and Kreuzer would be a bruising duo though especially with Kreuzer entering his prime years.

Walker plus our first rounder would be my preferred trade. 1 AA quality HFF/HBF and a top fiveish pick for Boyd.

Yaz should be untouchable. Right age bracket, significiant upside and versatility.

Sep 27, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Yarran is definitely untouchable in my books. Is one of our few differentiating factors as a side.

Cripps and a first round would do it IMO. I'm not too attached yet, could come back to hurt us though.
What if trading Yarran helps us land a potential marquee player without breaking the bank?

Same argument applies to Kreuzer and Menzel. God forbid they break down again. Touchwood.

Cripps and pick seven could do it. Though they'd be within their rights to ask for a ready made senior player and a pick.

Sucks that we're discussing this during the season.:mad:

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
As much as I hated when Walker was almost gone to Port, 3 years later and for Boyd we'll probably be pretty happy if it happened.

MS3 says getting Boyd is 1 of 2 parts of securing our future. From this I gather whoever we trade won't create another hole to fill so whoever it is most likely is a position we have a surplus of.

We wouldn't trade Hendo for Boyd because that doesn't bolster our stocks.
We only have 1 line breaker like Yarran. So probably not him.
Gibbs - definitely not.
Murphy is captain.
MS3 said it's not Menz.

Walker, a ruck or another mid (Cripps or maybe Robbo in a dream world) are probably what we can afford to lose without creating a hole.

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
As much as I hated when Walker was almost gone to Port, 3 years later and for Boyd we'll probably be pretty happy if it happened.

They're currently playing Josh Hunt in that positing so it's almost definitely a hole in their list while Heath Shaw and Walker would appeal to them.

We have the depth to cover Walker as well.

Tuohy, Everitt, Docherty, Buckley, Simpson, Sheehan, Thomas, Holman, Yarran

Bolded are unproven but.

Sep 27, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton

They're currently playing Josh Hunt in that positing so it's almost definitely a hole in their list while Heath Shaw and Walker would appeal to them.
Yarran in that role?

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
MS3 says getting Boyd is 1 of 2 parts of securing our future. From this I gather whoever we trade won't create another hole to fill so whoever it is most likely is a position we have a surplus of.

We wouldn't trade Hendo for Boyd because that doesn't bolster our stocks.
We only have 1 line breaker like Yarran. So probably not him.
Gibbs - definitely not.
Murphy is captain.
MS3 said it's not Menz.

Walker, a ruck or another mid (Cripps or maybe Robbo in a dream world) are probably what we can afford to lose without creating a hole.

If we lose Cripps then it's up to Bell and Holman to fill in for Judd :eek:

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
If we lose Cripps then it's up to Bell and Holman to fill in for Judd :eek:

I only threw Cripps in there because others had mentioned him, but I can't see 1. GWS asking for him & 2. Cripps agreeing to move there (you'd think if he ever left he'd go home).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back